5.0 out of 5 stars my 1st amazon review (for a reason)
I've never written a review on amazon but this item was amazing! Ordered this for my new Nexus 7, delivery was quicker than I expected... in fact it conveniently arrived the day after my Nexus arrived.

Published 23 months ago by sag

3.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw
Published 21 months ago by FeastOfSnakes

5.0 out of 5 stars my 1st amazon review (for a reason), 24 Nov 2012
This review is from: aLLreli® Micro USB Host Mode On The Go OTG Cable for Google Nexus 7 2 II Nexus 10 5, Motorola Moto G Phone Xoom, Samsung Galaxy S4 S2 S3 S5 Note 3, Galaxy Note 8.0 Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tab 3 8.0 10.1, HTC One, Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet, Tesco HUDL 7" plus Android Micro USB 2.0 Data OTG Cable (Electronics)

This item worked great from first use. Had to download an app for a couple of quid (Nexus Media Importer) which is so worth it, trust me! Tested out a whole load of devices including wireless keyboard/mouse (works without any apps), USB flash drive, SD card reader, and even my portable hard-drive which made me wish I ordered the 16GB Nexus instead of the 32GB as my hard-drive has 500GB of memory!

I mean I can carry my hard-drive around, plug it into my Nexus whenever I want and watch HD movies & videos, listen to tracks, view saved documents/e-books... how awesome is that? A real game-changer! And it comes with a neat Velcro strap to tie the cable up so its not dangling off the side of your device.

Few things worth mentioning: tried plugging in a PS3 controller and it picks it up but haven't quite figured out how to make it work yet. I hear there is another app for this called sixaxis controller. Digital cameras work to copy pictures but not able to use it to take pics (on the Nexus anyway). And finally, you can only read from USB storage devices meaning you can stream files and copy them over to your Nexus but I haven't been able to write/paste files from my Nexus onto another device which is no biggie but would be sweet. 5 stars nevertheless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to do better., 26 Oct 2013
Ordered the item on Sunday night and it arrived on Tuesday morning. I plugged it into my Nexus 7 and using a recommended App, I was able to do exactly what the item description said I could do. On my N7,

1 plug in a 16 gig USB memory stick, access it and transfer files between the N7 and the stick.
2 plug in a 500 gig portable external hard drive and transfer files between the N7 and the drive.
3 plug in a USB mouse and use it
4 plug in a USB keyboard and use it.
5 plug in a PS Controller and use it, even on a few of my Android games from Google Play.
6 plug in a USB card reader with an inserted SD card and transfer Photos.

An invaluable item for any Nexus 7 owner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Design flaw, 6 Jan 2013
The item works fine. However the design flaw lies with the micro USB connecting at right angles to my Nexus 7. The cable is very short and has no give which means the weight of a USB memory stick is pulling down on the socket. This isn't such a massive problem, however if you're trying to plug in headphones then the headphone socket being in line with the micro USB socket means that anything attached to this cable has to be bent around the headphone jack - they're on a collision course. This will apply unwanted twisting pressure to your tablet's micro USB socket.

If you've got a Nexus 7, or similar set up, then I'd advise a cable that plugs into the micro USB socket in a straight line rather than at 90 degrees.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works with Tesco Hudl too, 6 Dec 2013
I use this for connecting my Tesco Hudl to various USB sticks I have. Works fine. Nothing more to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Customer Service, 20 Sep 2013
At first OTG cable did not work - the seller provide support within 1 day of an email.
Problem is with the new NEXUS 7 ( 2013 version) not the cable

Seller gave links etc so I could fix the issue and it was done within a few minutes...

I am very happy with both the product and the seller.

HInt: For Nexus 7 try the free App: "OTG Troubleshooter" and follow advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole new world beckons!, 19 Nov 2012
Y. Mok (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this recently in preparation for the Google Nexus 10 tablet, as I wanted to have more functionality from the device without having to root it. Having read that it worked fine with the Nexus 7 I was fairly confident the newer model would play nice too, and indeed it does.

So far, having installed Nexus Media Importer on the "10" I've used the OTG cable with my sandisk card reader to import jpgs/docs/movies off CF cards, and have also plugged it into my WD 2tb external hard drive to access files on it, all with no problems at all (I've both steamed AND copied data using the OTG). All in all, a very good value accessory that greatly expands the functionality of the Nexus 10.

This is my first ever tablet, and having researched it to death before purchasing I decided to go with Android rather than iOS (and in particular Nexus for its 'clean' implementation of Jelly Bean). I had no illusions of replacing my laptop with a tablet in terms of serious workflow, but still wanted to do more than what it could out of the box. As such this is what Android with this cable gives me, the flexibility to do so much more with this tablet. Every owner should buy one, it's the key to the outside world for this device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but functional, 26 Feb 2013
Lord Christopher Isherwood (Thornbury, Nr Bristol, U.K.) - See all my reviews
For ages I thought it would be nice if I could view pictures from my camera on my bigger screen smart phone.
Of course there is no SD card slot on the Android, so I simply looked for a "device" and here it is. I was doubtful at first due to the very low price and wondered if it would work, so I looked at a tutorial on line and saw how easy it was.
I was equally amazed when the cable arrived ages before the predicted date from Amazon and then came the test, with the usual apprehension. I remembered which file to open but with such a list of options within the file it took me a few attempts to find the right one and I had a nagging doubt if this cable would work.
Nothing wrong with the cable at all just with my choice of viewing options and then with patience up came the bright sharp picture from my SD card. It shows pictures one at a time not in a list to scroll so that is something you have to accept but the facility to view larger pictures and not drain the camera battery is a very nice option.
This is for viewing pictures from an SD card and I have not tried to use it for other than that so I can't say if it will link with a mouse or keyboard, I suspect the answer is no it will not.
An excellent little device for pocket change and it does what it says on the tin.

2.0 out of 5 stars This will not work with a Kindel Fire, 11 Dec 2013
This will not work with the Kindel Fire you need a computer of some kind.
Not every one has a computer so I wanted an easy way to put items on my pad boy I was wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece of Kit for Nexus 7, 3 May 2013
P. Allen (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
The micro USB OTG cable is an excellent piece of kit at a truly amazing price, the best purchase I've made since buying the Nexus. For anyone who needs more memory to store loads more films and photo's etc. on their Nexus 7 then this is a must have. You do need to purchase the Nexus Media Importer app to use the cable, which I think cost me an extra £2.62 from Google Play, but then this gives you the ability to plug in any USB memory stick to gain a whole lot more usable memory, limited only by the USB stick used. The app works brilliantly, just plug in the cable to the micro usb port on the Nexus 7 with the usb stick attached, and the app runs automatically and recognises the extra memory, couldn't be any simpler. I used a 16GB stick to store another 10 DVD's and still have memory left over, great for those long distance flights (assuming the battery holds up). Not tried a 32GB stick but see no reason why this wouldn't work, also not sure if you can store apps on the stick but then leave all those in the Nexus and use a USB stick for the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars otg cable, 30 Aug 2012
the cable works perfectly with my nexus 7. I use it with a memory stick and sd card reader. I am very happy with the product.