on 4 April 2012
The battery I received was not Ex-Pro branded, it just like looks a cheap Chinese battery you would normally buy from other places. After several email exchanges with the supplier and me having to take photo's of what I had received and send them by email to the supplier, I was told I had been sent one of their older (old stock?) unbranded Ex-Pro batteries, but it was exactly the same as an Ex-Pro branded battery. Whether it is or not who knows? but what I do know is that I didn't receive exactly what the picture shows here on Amazon. Be aware the same might happen to you. If you are happy this might occur, then go ahead and order, if not then look elsewhere.
review image
66 comments18 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 January 2013
I bought two of these for my Canon Powershot SX50 HS and I am amazed how good they are. They last at least as long as the standard Canon battery or even a bit longer. Shooting photos it is almost impossible to discharge one battery in a day. I am managing between seven to eight hundred pictures on one charge. Delivery is not quick. Don't bother with stupidly expensive "express delivery" you will get the item when it is convenient for the courier company not for you. Interlink Express is a silly company - they will send you lots of messages announcing when the item will be delivered and eventually it will arrive when you would never expect.
on 28 June 2012
This battery swelled slightly in the middle the first time I charged it using the official Canon charger supplied with my camera
The battery still performs as expected, but is quite difficult to remove due to the swelling.

No problems with the supplier - delivery was prompt and packaging very good.
33 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2013
Battery ok but does need a bit of fiddling to charge it in the battery charger that came with the camera as very very slightly smaller than the original battery that came with the camera. For the price though it is livable as it is just a backup battery.
on 3 May 2012
This is a SUPER alternative to the more expensive Canon battery, its power lasts just as long as an original, it is extremely well built and inspires confidence, the service from Amazon and its Aphiliate was first class, this battery is in my opinion HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
22 comments6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2013
Battery performs ok but it was delivered unbranded so could be anyone's, not impressed and feel slightly cheated. buy something else
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 February 2015
None of the previously identified problems have become apparent with my purchase. No swelling (so far), excellent charge retention and it is properly branded, so, so far, so good. It's also worth saying that the battery arrived a day after ordering so delivery was spot on as well.
on 23 August 2015
Having had this battery less than a year, it's close to useless. I have used it maybe 5 or 6 times and he last time I used it, I got less than an hour out of (fully charged). Don't waste your money, spend a bit more on the real thing.
on 11 June 2013
I would have given it 4 stars but the battery was not as shown in the photograph, it looked like a cheap one off ebay. On the plus side it charged up quickly and lasted as long as the original.
on 3 May 2013
The battery seems ok, not the same battery as in the picture. It seems to be old stock in the same box. Charging the battery and in use, it appears to be as good as the more expensive Canon original. In the box there was no end cap for the battery, even though it says to put it on in the enclosed instructions. Time will tell how good it really is.
I deducted 2 stars -
a. because the battery is not the pictured one, and
b. no protective cap for battery end.
I suppose you get what you pay for, so I can't give any more stars.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse