on 7 July 2012
I just felt that I had to write a review but some background would be useful first. When I was first considering acquiring a kindle I was at the same time thinking of purchasing a pocket electronic quran principally for reading (not any mp3 playback ability). So I thought why don't I just get a kindle. The problem was back then was that the arabic - english translation parallel texts offered an arabic view that was not really practically readable. The Abdul Haleem translation was very good but the Arabic script was not really readable as presented without a magnifying glass. So for a long time I persevered with a seperate PDF file for the Quran which I was lucky to find (formatted to A5 - the best paper size for the Kindle in my experience) and then after reading opening up my Abdul Haleem translation. However this deprived me of the side by side view of the English with Arabic. In the past the three main English translations that would often appear electronically, out there on the web, were Pickthal, Ali and Shakir. The last being one that I generally never referred to. However with this Kindle offering a side by side , Arabic - English view I thought why not try it if it gives a good readable Arabic view. Not disappointed on the Arabic frint, at last a fully readable Arabic - English translation of the Quran , with the Arabic with full tashkeel and the usual various markers for Juz, Sajdah , etc. Also a linked table of contents - Quranic translations for the Kindle without a TOC area frustration beyond belief. I was hesitant of any potential partisan bias in this translation as I was aware that this is the translation promoted by Tahirke Tarsile Qur'an but so far I have not come across anything strongly objectionable. In short this kindle offering gives me what I was looking for from the very beginning, a readable side by side translation. For that reason a resounding 5 stars !
33 comments9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2012
Agreeing with most other reviewers here that the Arabic script in this book is clear and easy to read. It is not too compact. It is rendered as images within the kindle so it will not scale with font size though (this is a limitation of the kindle really, not this book) but I found the default size to be good, no too large, no too compact. Long sections are correctly split so they move to the next page.

Dropping two stars because the translation is only a single translators perspective and not necessarily the best. I find the Oxford translation into English The Qur'an (Oxford World's Classics) a good one. I have not found a good verse-by-verse translation for the entire Quran from a single translator yet, and usually it is best to read multiple translations to get a better idea of what the verse is actually conveying.

When looking for multiple translations, I suggest quran.com which will allow you to compare and contrast how different translators have translated the same verse. To see the effect of translation, observe verses 38:32 and 38:33 (quran.com/38), What did David do to the horses according to different translators?
on 6 August 2014
The translation seems to make very little sense and is repetitive . Either the original made little sense or it has suffered in translation.
on 31 July 2012
jazakallh this is great first version i have found that i can read on the kindle touch. may Allah reward you for your effort. this has been a great find for me during Ramdhan.
on 13 November 2012
One of the best Qur'an in arabic text that I have found for the Kindle. The writing is clear and not a photo image of the Qur'an. So the size of the font can be increased and reduced as you like. The English translation is equally good.
on 5 August 2012
Comes with clear Arabic and simple English grammar .my life has never been the same since I purchased this book.I will recommend it to people to buy.
on 18 July 2013
I bought this Qu'ran last year on kindle and it is very easy to read. The Arabic is clear and sharp, and easy on the eye. I carry my kindle around with me and have now managed to get through the Qu'ran several times.
on 4 December 2012
Very useful to have it available on your iPad or Kindle. Easy reference. Good clear English translations of Arabic text for an objective transliteration. Highly recommended.
on 21 September 2015
Really good. Arabic is not too hard to read (though could be clearer) and excellent explanation/translation. By far the best English/Arabic translation text I've purchased.
on 4 June 2013
Wonderful nice formatting and the verses are in a very high graphic format. I would recommend anyone to buy this. The translation is very good as well.