4.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous
Great book, love the whole chapter on making genuine brass goggles. Some materials mentioned are the American names for glues etc, so you have to bear with that. Apart from that, great book, enjoy.
Published 18 months ago by Atlas

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting
This is an interesting book which I was able to get some ideas from. Not sure about the quality of some of the processes suggested but the outcomes look fine.
Published 3 months ago by T. Fulford

4.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous, 1 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A great hands on book, 25 Nov 2012
Excellent, a great hands on book which is easy reading and with steampunk projects to suit all tastes and abilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars steampunk, 9 Nov 2012
Good clear instructions and diagrams on the various projects in the book.No project too difficult and some very easy to complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars creative genius, 1 Jun 2012
I know what i'm doing this summer. This book is inspirational giving me some great ideas for costumes and props. Its a shame they don't expand on the artifacts giving us alternatives. More guns or detector options. perhaps this is where my imagination kicks in. All in all this is a good book to inspire and I enjoy the step by step instructions laced with humor.
N. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Steampunk Gear, Gadgets, and Gizmos: A Maker's Guide to Creating Modern Artifacts (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars great book., 30 Mar 2014
I really like this book,
loads of simple great steampunk items to make.
I bought this for a birthday present for someone,
I flicked through it,and to be honest I didd't want to give it away.
I wanted to KEEP it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideas generator., 24 Oct 2013
Bought this for the other half who makes Steam punk pieces. It gives you ideas of how to make stuff and is clear and concise. If you want to look at Steampunk pieces this isn't the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last- We have the POWER!, 17 April 2012
Dean Jones (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
Fans of Brute-force Leather have been waiting for this book for a long time. The signature Brass Goggles are on a different level to other suppliers and never fail to make an impression. Well know we can construct our own, adding our own tweaks and individual touches to this established design. The book doesn't just teach you to cope already existing products. IT adopts a more "teaching you to Fish" attitude. It helps is to create what's in our heads, and adapt and improve them as well as teaching us the workshop skills when we may be lacking due to skipping metalwork class as kids. If your a Steam Punk, or just a creative mad scientist, you need this book. Other books have heaps of inspiration, this book takes your inspired ideas and makes them real and solid and shiny!