on 15 February 2012
Unfortunately the first dock I got didn't work - it wasn't possible to push the phone onto the dock connectors. As usual with Amazon's excellent returns service, they accepted the return without any fuss and sent a replacement even before I returned the first dock. No good - the phone wouldn't dock in the second dock either. I returned both docks to Amazon and they gave me a refund no problem - excellent customer service. In the end I bought one direct from Motorola's on-line store, and that one works fine.
This dedicated RAZR dock works really well. It doesn't have any electronics built in, but when the RAZR detects that it is docked it offers additional display modes such as an alarm clock with music player, and the display stays on so long as the phone is docked. And the 3.5mm audio socket at the back lets you leave active speakers connected to the dock, so when you dock the RAZR it becomes a fully-fledged music system with up to 48GB of storage (if you put a 32GB memory card in the phone). I haven't tried the HDMI socket, but presumably that would extend the player capability to showing videos on a connected TV. And of course the phone is charging at the same time. The dock has other display modes, such as a work mode, which I haven't tried.
The phone is held reasonably securely, and the upright position makes it very usable and visible. And of course it charges the phone. It's worth it just for that, because it saves hunting around for the end of the charger cable and then fiddling with plugging it into the phone.
This model doesn't come with a charger or a charging cable, but you can just connect the charger that comes with the phone.
In summary, an excellent piece of kit, but there are some around that just won't connect to the phone.
on 7 June 2012
I received this today and I am very pleased with it - does exactly what I wanted, turns my phone into an alarm clock and charges at the same time ! I have just ordered another one for the office
on 6 January 2013
I can't comment on its quality as it did not fit the Razr i model because the power connector is in the wrong location within the cradle i.e. at top of phone not side as needed. I did return it and got a full refund so no complaints.
on 27 June 2012
loved it as soon as I opened it...I was a bit hesitant to buy this due to some bad reviews here but I got a great deal and a great product as well...makes a great bedside clock...good quality and well worth the money...highly recommend
on 12 November 2012
I purchased this item as phone vibrated itself off of my bedside table when wake up alarm went off, it has Motorola's Very good build quality and brings hidden features out of the phone (I have Razr Maxx and my friend has a Razr he said his phone attached with just a HDMI cable didn't have those features come up that came up on my phone, so we checked what his Razr would do by plugging it in to the dock, and they appeared on his phone he was so impressed he has ordered one too).
I also ordered a HDMI cable at the same time now have a dilemma as it works great as an alarm clock or Playing Media or surfing the net on my 1080P HDTV.
So you may ask what is the dilemma well I can't afford 2 yet so Do I use it as my Bedside dock or to Surf web, play films&Music on TV Tough one.
To round things up
Reasons to Purchase
1) Nice Bed side Clock mode
2) Play Film Trailers or films on the Big screen.
3) Use a Big screen while looking at web
4) Add a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse use phone like a Netbook.
5) Keeps phone charged and ready if you attach phone charger to it

Reasons not to Purchase
You may find you want/Need more than one.
It's only made in Black
Just added these last two as can't see any real down sides to this item Fully recommend. I'm now looking out for Motorola's Car Dock to see if that would spring any surprises hidden by Motorola such as enhanced SatNav and sound.
on 2 March 2013
The dock works fine at the moment but wanted to connect it to my PC so bought the suggested HDMI mini to HDMI cable that Amazon pair with this docking station but the docking station has a HDMI micro slot so cable is no use.
Can some one inform Amazon so they can correct this error.
on 21 October 2013
This came really quickly and it was packaged well. Looks like good quality and came in the actual motorola box so it looks good as a gift too.
on 11 January 2015
That's what i've expected, great motorola quality. Amazon did the job, peak time but delivered on time.
on 3 December 2012
love it turns your phone into a bedside alarm, or office or you can just leave it blank if you like
on 12 March 2015
The dock works very well and it is very handy for using the mobile as a radio alarm/clock