5.0 out of 5 stars Bulky but brilliant
I've been protecting my iPhone 4S with this case for a year now. Most people laugh at it - they think that the bulk completely defeats the point of an iphone.

Good:

1. I have dropped the phone dozens of times onto concrete floors without any issues. It rattles around the car etc. I have even used it as a drinks coaster.

2. I have...
Published 18 months ago by Oli Twist

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Amazon Traders!!!
I bought one of these cases a couple of years ago from Amazon, I have beat the hell out of this thing and it has performed superbly, unfortunately it's now wrecked.
I bought another from Amazon trader 'Lian qianmin', it eventually arrived in a box that had seen a couple of rounds with Iron Mike.
Took my old case off and put this one on, right away I could see...
Published 9 months ago by Fozzy Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulky but brilliant, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Good:

2. I have spilt drinks on the phone, almost immersing it without issues. I don't even think twice about it getting splattered in rain. (its NOT waterproof, but it provides a lot of protection)

3. The touch screen, buttons and volume of the iphone aren't affected.

4. Under the shell the phone is as new.

Bad:

1. The rubber means it doesn't slide in and out of pockets.

2. In the middle east the unit got very hot quickly and occasionally (once or twice a month in summer) I got the emergency-overheat iphone screen.

3. The shape of the case means it won't slot down onto a lot of docking stations.

4. It IS bulky.

It's a bargain at this price. I use mine 24/7 but even if I fancied using the naked phone I would definitely buy one for outdoors work and holidays.

When I upgrade to another phone it will be the first thing I look for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 21 May 2013
Excellent case - my husband is a roofer and it has survived the last 6 months in this case, from being dropped to being in the rain.
He couldn't be without this case for the daytime, and then changes to a smaller case for if we go out in evenings!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 20 Feb 2013
WOW!! what a case, made my iphone indestructable!!! well worth the cost if you want to protect your smart phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want protection? Look no further... imho!, 27 May 2013
Pros:
OK, is bulky but the number of various forum posts where people take pride (almost) in the number of iPhone drops, is, well - a lot. I have a very savy techi son and although he demurred from wanting Griffin for himself, was in total awe at the product and did admit to secretly liking it and totally understood why his loose fingers 'ol man chose it, LOL

For me, is a no brainer... just go onto YouTube and you'll find some vids showing iPhone (inside Griffin!) literally being thrown at walls which leave dented plaster and yes, no iPhone damage etc. Sure, I'd never do that but come on, certainly gives one some *peace of mind*, yes?
Anyway, 'everyone' (now that I have iPhone - I see 'em everywhere!) has the hardware in hand etc, where it can easily slip away. Mine, well - now it IS a statement, if that's what floats yer boat! Actually I could care less about impressing, I have this phone because it is a total no-brainer in it's use. Is my first smartphone and ANY way to keep it from getting damaged is just [for me] common sense.
The Griffin just works - no issues.

The belt clip is greeeeat. Specially in this weather when there is some sun out and the clothes become minimal.;)
Have no probs with it. The clip turns in on itself (think letter J) so it catches on waistline hem so basically, unlikely to come off easily. On the positive side, does it matter if it did? that's the purpose of the Griffin = total iPhone drop safety :-))
Additionally, it can be on shoulder strap or just anywhere that clip will attach to.
Also, is certainly not big deal extracting case from wherever it's clipped onto - just grin 'n bear it for a few times and hey presto, off it comes. Actually, the just pull the case body away eg, from your waste and the clip will lock open = issue solved. Clip stays open and is simple to release back to closed position when required.

Oh yes, absolutely NO screen issues regards sensitivity. Even though my first touch screen device, I have no problems and a tap is after all, not actually tapping the iPhone screen. The Griffin screen sits flush with the phone's screen full stop.

The iPhone's on/off button on top right is [for me] responsive - maybe a firmer/positive push is needed? but the 'click' is felt so I've no issues.
Remember, the lower round 'master' iPhone button also turns it ON so actually, I never use the top right on/off button except to put iPhone into sleep mode.

Speaker and microphone [for me] work just fine. Griffin case cut outs all fit a-ok.

Rear facing camera lens covered by same material as touch screen is, so no issues there and the pics I've taken so far are crystal clear - thanks iPhone :)

Top left side iPhone buttons all work and the top left top edge 3.5mm socket flap is no issue in use.

The Griffin is non-slip. No worries about car,train,plane or.., it just sticks pretty much where it's first put down.
Sure, I have never used iPhone before, however I bet it's like greased lightening when it comes to shooting around a laminate table top etc...
Again, peace of mind!

Cons (perhaps):
If you are dead set on having a desktop dock then forget this product(*). For me though, is simplicity itself to plug in to cable specifically there for the purpose. Cables and the 3 pin charger are cheap as chips (I've go many sprinkled around the house and car). I've also got the "Griffin GC23110 PowerJolt Micro Dual USB Charger for iPhone and iPod, 1 Amp" - for in car since the GPS/maps are power hungry beasts and anyway the whole point of the iPhone is that one wants to keep it charged up...
(*)Above is not conclusive - there just may be a dock out there which accommodates the added bulk, I've just not found it yet so above 'con' is just a heads up, that's all.
ps, chose this particular cig lighter socket charger because it gives a full "5 watts per port (5 volts @ 1 amp) for fast charging" which means that two devices can get charged asap!

The forwards facing camera is covered by a lens protector flap which needs to be pulled up and then swivelled around to expose lens. The clip is covering the flap's pulling part - so, ok can be an issue but the belt clip comes off or even just simply remove top clip end (the end you'd pull first to remove clip from case) to allow access to lens protector pull part. Really, is no big deal but should be mentioned...

Clip covers Griffin flap covering multiplug/power input. But really, if charging in house or in car, it really is simplicity itself to release the clip. I mostly have iPhone in trousers (aka, jeans) pocket without clip on it. Obviously is not slim but it works for me so although some may take exception to this it does not bother me.
Again... is all about the 'precious' being damage safe, yes?

Finally:
I took iPhone from it's delivery box, removed the two protective plastic covers and put phone straight into the Griffin. Basically I did not touch screen or rear and for me in xx years time, when uncased, I *know* 100% absolutely that the iPhone will be AS BRAND NEW in visual terms!

You require protection? Well... look no further.

Thanks for reading and I trust something in this review will 'do it for ya'
:-))

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Amazon Traders!!!, 11 Oct 2013
Took my old case off and put this one on, right away I could see the inner hard plastic shell wouldn't close properly, the holes for the ear speaker still had the little circles of plastic attached where they had been punched out..
Plastic outer went on fine, tried to use the screen only to fine the screen was wavy and sat too far out from the phone, I can't describe how bad it is, renders the screen unusable. As far as I'm concerned the case from this seller is like a knock off of the original.

Contacted seller to complain, he wanted nothing to do with it, phoned Amazon who got the ball rolling, seller contacted me and gave me an address in China to send it to.
This is more hassle than it's worth, I thought I was buying from a UK seller, if I had known otherwise I would have bought elsewhere.
Beware!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy cover, 31 Mar 2013
Very sturdy case. Unfortunately, plastic catch between belt clip and case holder broke very easily.
Easy to take out of or put into the plastic cover too.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE ITEM AVOID, 14 Mar 2014
I received a cheap imitation product that took over 2 weeks to arrive. Ive tried contacting seller for a refund and they have not replied, either these positive reviews have received a genuine item or they don't know the true quality of a real Griffin product. My phone doesn't even fit in the case neatly and the home button has been pushed all the way through first time i tried using it my first bad buying experience on amazon very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor quality, 9 Oct 2013
I would not recommend, the one I received was not made by Griffin - very poor quality. Very unhappy with this purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but value reduced by IOS 7, 21 Oct 2013
I've had my case for nearly five years now.

Pro.
My phone works today because of the case. I have dropped it more times than I can count.
For this reason alone, up until a few weeks ago, I would always have used this case with my phone.
It has also helped protect the phone from liquid and dust damage on a number of occasions.

Cons I've learned to live with.
The case makes access to the Control Centre on IOS 7 difficult. It often takes many swipes before it works, and you have to dig your finger right into the case edge at just the right angle for it to react to the swipe. Most of the features in the Control Centre are accessible from other menus on the iPhone, but one is not: the screen orientation lock. I use this often, and it's a real hassle changing it now.

Taking photos becomes fiddly, since you have to hold the flap covering the lens back without getting your finger in the shot (the slot to hold the flap back does not work well).

Accidental activation of voice control, and phoning someone inadvertently. Caused by the protrusion of the case home button. Easily dealt with by turning the rubber of the case inside out and cutting off the knob of rubber that pushes onto the iPhone home button.

The flap covering the earphone socket broke off after about 1 year.
The flap covering the silence switch broke off after about 3 years.
I see this as acceptable wear and tear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tougher than leather, 7 Sep 2013
This case is proper tough, as we say in the South West of England. A hard plastic case protects the iPhone, and then a soft silicone outer protects the hard case. It also has a well made belt clip which is easily removable but does allow the user to saunter around with rugged attachment on display like Bob the Builder. With the aid of a headband it could also be used as a rudimentary hands-free set. I find it handy for clipping the phone inside my rucksack when riding my bike and using GPS as it stops the phone from rattling around with heavy bike locks and tool kit. Then again, if it did who cares? It's perfectly safe, encased as it is in layers of hard plastic and soft, yielding silicone.
The case seems well designed, and has flaps to access camera lens, charging port and headphone socket. Some people seem to think it makes the sleek iPhone look unbecomingly bulky. Ignore them - it's ace.