5.0 out of 5 stars ... ' !! BUY THIS BOOK !!
'... ' I am in TOTAL LOVE with this book! I received mine yesterday & I have read the entire book cover to cover already! (^_^).

Published on 13 Jun 2011 by Merisha Everiste

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought this book because every natural hair guru swore by it
Don't get me wrong, this book is great, there is no topic that Audrey doesn't cover and go into detail about, but I found that nothing in this book works for me. Apart from the common sense things, everything else was a fail for me, so it's not the book itself that I don't like, it's the fact that the instructions in the book didn't help my personal situation at all...
Published 13 months ago by Missy

5.0 out of 5 stars ... ' !! BUY THIS BOOK !!, 13 Jun 2011

The book has allowed me to gain in-depth & further understanding as to how my hair works from EVERY vantage point! It includes the thorough explorative information on Black hair, care regimens, suitable products etc. I have always loved my hair, but this book has made me fall in love with my hair all over again! I would totally recommend this book to those with Black hair! You will learn so much in your journey to having healthy hair! It is beautiful to have my thoughts on hair care confirmed whilst being able to attain a book which explores Black hair thoroughly from a scientific standpoint - in easily accessible language for all.

BUY THIS BOOK - BUY THIS BOOK - BUY THIS BOOK - You will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for a great book, 25 July 2011
I have been natural for about 2 years, I have read loads of books, watched hundred of videos, bought dozens of hair products and I must admit if I had read this book before I would have saved a lot of time and money.
This is definitely my natural hair bible now, I thought it was a bit too thorough at the beginning and it was be a bit boring, but trust me as you will flip the pages it would all make sense, those "scientific stuffs" must be known for you to understand your hair and take proper care of it. It took me a while to read it entirely, and I intend to read it again. This is not a book you read in 2 hours but it is worth the time you'll spend on it.

Of course when you get those books you just want some practical advices, you will get them but please take your time, you can't expect to educate yourself in a day !!

Anyway I don't need to say it, but I do recommend this book!!!! Life time investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Book!, 12 Sep 2011
What a book! I'm only half way through and i've learned SOOOO much already.

I must say... All the basics i understand about good healthy hair care practices are covered in detail plus a lot more, outlining the structure of our hair, what it needs and WHY. It's more important to understand why we do certain treatments and why they are needed than to be told simply the instructions of how to do them. If you understand why, then structuring your hair care regime will be a whole lot easier.

She covers extensively:

*The make-up of the hair and scalp
*Understanding pH balance and (hard) water issues
*How to determine your hairs porosity and how to correct any issues
*Terminal Length - how long your hair can actually grow
*Understanding your curl/coil type and how it benefits to know
*Outlining healthy hair care basics
*Wet Testing - Get to know your hair
*Understanding ingredients, what to look for and what to avoid
*The importance of maintaining the correct moisture/protein balance and how to
*The different causes of breakage and how to remedy them
*Understanding chemicals and how to use them to minimise damage caused
*Children's Haircare
*And lots, lots, lots more

I recommend everyone who is interested in growing and maintaining healthy hair, natural or relaxed, to purchase this book. It's given me a lot to think about and I'll surely be updating my haircare regime for even better, healthier hair results!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Science of Black Hair - A MUST HAVE!!!!, 6 Oct 2011
I brought this book (in colour) in July 2011 - on the reviews of YT-ers. This book is a must have for anyone with natural black hair/relaxed/coloured hair. I live in the UK - where this book is so greatly needed. I have been trying to figure out my hair since coming off relaxers in 2005. Since then I have experience hair breakage due to hair dying and also put my hair down to age (46)- My hair was rough, dull and lifeless. If I could shout this from the roof tops but fear I would be arrested for public disorderly) BUY THIS BOOK!!! It is educational, informative step by step guide on understanding your hair - with a regime builder with the correct tools this book will start you on the journey and you will not be disappointed.

I have read this book twice and it has never failed me - I have moisture and bounce to my hair it is soft and manageable - WT? I have curl definition, yes curl definition. I love my Nappy Hair God gave me all over again - but my hair will always be a work in progress and I gladly welcome the future challenges.

The Author: - I sent a her an email and received a response from Audrey herself - That was refreshing and you can access the facebook page or her website (same as the title of her book) and she is there if you need answers - That is a wonderful lady - and again Audrey - Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the book for black women, 15 Nov 2011
I am learning so much from this book, I never knew how complex all the products we use for our hair is. If you really want to understand Black Hair, this is your book. Well worth the money, not cheap but it is a reference book to be used for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars two weeks on the program and my hair already looks great!, 19 Jun 2012
vandin (London - UK) - See all my reviews
This book is a gem. The only book you need to learn to care for your natural or relaxed hair. The books is easy to read, has tones of information on caring for black hair and how to rescue a severely damaged hair. I bought this book after several attempts to rescue my hair. MY hair has been severely damaged after relaxers had been applied improperly and for lack of proper care. For years I have been buying books on afro hair, and none of the advices helped at all. I tried hair salon treatments but once I was by myself the day to day care was just not helpful. But this book changed the picture. I have been on the program this book recommends for two weeks and my hair looks fabulous again. I was using my hair on a ponytail because was so embarrassed about it and it looked horrible but yesterday I went out with my hair down with beautiful curls!!!!!
Thank you for writing such a wonderful book on black hair care. This the only book you will ever need to learn to care for your hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Informative Book on Afro Hair, 4 Jan 2012
I visit a lot of black hair forums and watch youtube, which is one of the reasons I went ahead and purchased this booked based on reviews given. I have to agree, this is a really excellent book and so well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 Nov 2011
This book is awesome.Every home with Afro textured home should have this book .It covers both relaxed and natural hair .Please Afro textures girls please buy this book and you will not be dissapointed .You will always have professional help in your hands and you will not be guessing and stressing yourself .Well done Audrey .10/10 in my book

5.0 out of 5 stars the science of black hair, 22 Nov 2011
an excellent reference book for people with afro type of hair. well written, clear and easy to understand.
A must for anyone with textured hair and who is on a healthy hair journey. i love the fact that it talks about natural hair but also chemically treated and coloured hair as well.
Thanks Audrey! Gaby

Un tres bon livre, facile a comprendre et tres bien ecrit. je le recommenderai a toute personne qui embarque sur un parcours capillaire sain! tout est explique dedans. Merci Audrey. gaby

5.0 out of 5 stars The Science of Black Hair, 31 July 2011
A great read, and informative book the contents of the book will enlighten all who need a better understanding of how textured hair relaxed or in its natural state can be maintained and how to look after your children's hair also, just be sure to order the Special Edition Hard copy if you want the book in colour.