5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely outstanding!!
Published on 21 Sept. 2010 by Mum To One Dog

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit predictable, but I want to keep reading this series.
Just finished this book. Have read all the others so far.

Like the others, this is too detailed in places and parts of it are implausible.
The easiest part to read was just before the end when the story speeded up.

There are some stereotypical characters, e.g. the nuns and the abusive, selfish, immature priest.

I'm still interested to...
Published on 15 Sept. 2012 by Sheel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely outstanding!!, 21 Sept. 2010
Mum To One Dog (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have read all of Martha Long's books in the series and all I can say is she is outstanding as a storyteller. Martha Long literally draws you into her world so that you feel you are there with her, experiencing all the highs and lows of life with her. Martha has suffered much in her short life but she has an indomitable spirit and her lust for life seems to jump off every page. I read this latest book in 3 days, staying up 'til the early hours last night to finish it because I literally could not put it down! At times, this book will make you cry but more often than not it will have you laughing outloud!
I won't spoil this for other lovers of Martha Long's work but I will say that if you have read the first three books in the series, you will absolutely not be disappointed! Highly recommended! Buy it!
Ps. If you're reading this, Martha, please tell us there will be a fifth instalment, and soon! I NEED to know what happens next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational a fanastic installment of the Martha Long journey, 3 Sept. 2010
I have read all of the "Ma" series books, and this fourth one is just as fanastic as the previous three, she has a flowing story telling style. You literally cant put it down, she is an inspirational woman. I wont spoil this book but i believe its as good as the first one, it is sad in places but also very uplifting like the end of a fairytale. but! its not the end there should be a book after this as its yet another cliff hanger!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth waiting for!, 17 Sept. 2010
Having read Martha's other books I could'nt wait for this one to arrive - it is extremely well written and very difficult to put down.
I agree the end leaves you thinking 'great there's another to come' don't keep us waiting too long Martha!
Your achievments are an inspiration to us all.
Would love to hear whats happened to Martha's siblings.

5.0 out of 5 stars another fantastic book, 13 Sept. 2010
Yet again, another fantastic book by Martha, I dont know how this woman had the will to carry on at times, another heart rending story which i found hard to put down, I think there may be another book due though which i am very excited about. A truely inspirational woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars just started reading the martha long memoir,, 11 Aug. 2011
Amazon Customer (chasetown england) - See all my reviews
Could anybody tell me in which order the books come in,book 1= Ma he sold me for a few cigarettes. Book 2 .............and so on and soforth,Im only going on the cover of the books and the book iv started with is a picture of ( I PRESUME ) of martha when she was a child maybe 4 or 5 years old. as i say just started it so only on chapter 13 at moment,and already i am hooked and i need to get the other books ready for when i finish this one,cant hang around waiting must see how things pan out for her.and it is so different how she allows the story to be told as a child would tell it. very good. so please help if you can.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit predictable, but I want to keep reading this series., 15 Sept. 2012
Just finished this book. Have read all the others so far.

The easiest part to read was just before the end when the story speeded up.

I'm still interested to find out what happens next to Martha though.
I hope enough does happen to fill a book.
I don't like giving up on a book, but feel the reader's patience is being tested with this series of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ma, Now I'm going Up in the World, 20 May 2011
I was originally lent the 1st book in the series and since then I have been hooked. 'Ma, now I'm going up in the world' is the 4th book which charts the life of the author Matha long. This book ended on a real cliff hanger and I can wait for the next installent so I have pre-ordered via Amazon. I can only marvel at Martha's determination and strength, she has shown true grit to get to where she is today

5.0 out of 5 stars ma now im goin up in the world, 28 Nov. 2010
like all of martha longs books, it is unput downable, she is the most inspiring woman i have ever heard of, i don't want her to stop writing her books. i'm not looking foreward to finishing ma now i'm goin up in the world in case there isn't another story. i would love to see photo's of her' her books are so good you are there with her and can almost imagine what she's like.regards norma warwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Martha Long at her best, 28 Jun. 2014
Brilliant book as is usual from Martha Long, I havnt quite finished it yet but I am finding it interesting and easy to read. Its not as upsetting and harrowing as the earlier ones, its nice to see things looking up for Martha, but its likely to change. I have the other 3 follow up books to read yet so I look forward to finding out how her life turns out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Martha Long Series, 22 Mar. 2013
Cujo (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
After I bought this as part of the series I realised I had attempted to read it before and could'nt get into it-good job I had forgotten as I have now read the other books which come before this and really enjoyed them-If I had recognised it I mightn't have bought the others which would have been a shame!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›