5.0 out of 5 stars Simple SOSTAC-ular!
Studying is tough.

I'm working towards the brand new CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing and the textbooks are in themselves a PhD in complexity.

Feeling frustrated I turned to Amazon for alternative reading matter and discovering a lot of favourable reviews for this book decided to take a punt.

It was like the mists cleared. A...
Published 1 month ago by Dave Thackeray

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
ill-digested, turgid, outdated.
Published 1 month ago by SpecialK

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple SOSTAC-ular!, 24 Oct 2014
Dave Thackeray "Podcasting pillock" (Southport, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The SOSTAC® Guide - to writing the perfect plan V1.1 (Kindle Edition)
Studying is tough.

It was like the mists cleared. A relatively succinct piece of work, The SOSTAC Guide doesn't just make marketing strategy easy to understand - it presents in no-nonsense language an unparalleled marketing planning system I bank on using for my Strategic Marketing module.

This book and the lessons within it will stick around for the longest time with me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Helpful, 2 July 2014
Super helpful and super simple. I used this to consolidate marketing academic learning into a practical application in an MBA dissertation after being alerted to it's existence by Egan - and now keep it to hand as a reminder of the key elements to review when preparing a marketing plan,

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 6 Jun 2014
GREATTT FAST GREAT BOOK GOOD FOR PEOPLE DOING BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT COURSES I DID EMARKETING COURSE AND BOUGHT THIS a+

4.0 out of 5 stars The basic tools - perfectly laid out, 14 April 2014
A great round up of all the tools available in marketing planning. If you just want to cut to the "how do I put a plan together' perfect! The only downside is that links to academics online look and sound out of date. Not the best for a book about the fast moving world of strategy - in marketing or any other discipline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Guide for a great model!, 1 Feb 2014
G. Kelley "coach2u" (UK) - See all my reviews
SOSTAC is such a great model for planning - simple, but includes all the stages you need. Students love it, and tell us so on many occasions. It's good to have a Guide to accompany the model.

Gill Kelley - Chartered Marketer - Programme Leader at CIM Academy

4.0 out of 5 stars Pain-saving, approach., 20 Jan 2014
Great proven framework and nice to have on kindle as a quick reference tool. I hope I'll remember most of it. Particularly like the fact it's not just full of links or resources to follow up - everything you need to write a full digital marketing plan is in this one book.

Diagrams could have been more elegant, and engaging but perfectly functional all the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite planning model, 16 Oct 2013
SOSTAC has has helped me achieve good results in lots of assignments in university in London so far. I will not hesitate to use it again during my Masters in Paris and during my professional career in future. It is one of the simplest and most effective planning models I have came across. I would definitely recommend this model to those wanting to plan a Marketing and PR campaign.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and understand, 4 July 2013
It made for easy reading and provided succinct clarity on how to go about digital marketing planning. The SOSTAC acronym actually provides guidance on just about any plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Writing a marketing plan, 2 July 2013
SOSTAC has come through for me again. It's kept me focused and in check all the way through writing the marketing plan. Without it I would have floundered many times particularly as there is so much material in this course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable planning tool, 30 Jun 2013
SOSTAC is a simple, effective and memorable planning tool. I have used it time and time again throughout my career - as a Marketing Manager, CIM student, CIM tutor, Marketing Lecturer, Marketing Consultant, and even in my personal life when planning projects and setting goals!