4.0 out of 5 stars VS550 Vgate scan
I had a over temp fault on my 2008 Citroen C4 that made the fan stay on, I brought this unit and it helped me to see what the fault was with its on screen code definitions,I replaced the sensor but the fault was still there, This unit cleared the fault and all working with no big dearler bill to pay. You need a unit like this to re-set all faults after repairs.
This...
Published 21 months ago by umik

3.0 out of 5 stars As described
Seems to do what it should. Feels fairly solid, easy to use. Cant get too excited about it but need to keep the review word count up !
Published 5 months ago by Paul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars VS550 Vgate scan, 13 July 2012
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
This is an easy to use unit to use. Just plugs into the car. Checks all live engine sensor readings, running conditions.
There are a lot of cheaper units but after looking around this was the better one for my me.
Only one little thing about it is its supposed to have updates but I can't seem to find the site to update it on. But it's worked on my car so not really bothered about that.Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader

Will not reset air bags or service lights.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent tool, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
after buying a cheaper scanner it would not connect to my car, '08 Honda Crv,so after some research i bought this and connected to my car immediately.It did not show any faults, but then i knew there wasn't any, because it had been cleared by Honda dealer, to the sum of 91! I bought this to help with obd codes and the dreaded MIL light which many modern cars have now. I know next time the MIL light comes on i can check it and clear it, thus saving me s galore. I connected to Toyota Rav and it cleared codes and MIL light so it's already earned it's keep.Buy one and you wont be disappointed, highly recommended.It has a smart case and a lead to connect to pc if you wish.

4.0 out of 5 stars value scanner, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
This scanner comes well packaged with neoprene case, pc lead, manual and car connection lead. So for the 27quid I paid it seems already worth the cash!
I have connected successfully to a 2010 mazda 6 diesel, 2007 vw touran diesel and a 2001 audi rs6 v8. The first two had no errors but the Audi had two which were identified and cleared quickly.
I was hoping the DPF flashing warning on the mazda could be removed but this is actually a service indicator rather than an error. The scanner can also provide all manner of other useful info but more than I need!
My only issue is that when connected to a pc I haven't been able to update the DTC database as I keep getting "check link to pc".Apart from that well worth it and small enough to keep in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Code Reader, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
Very simple tool to use. Saves having to contact Dealer to determine why MIL is coming on. Allows user the choice to override code, if necessary. Excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST GREAT, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
well wot can I say...... will it did the job for me saved me lots of money
best buy ever
thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars vgate scanner, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
The scanner was received promptly, and
it was used immmdiately, and identified the problem.
the warning light was eliminated.
double the cost of the unit was saved on first use

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Feb 2013
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
Did all it said it would husband delighted with it saved having to take the car to the garage where they would have charged for looking up the diagnostic code.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
There are a few of these devices listed on Amazon, but this appeared to be the best made and has proper buttons. At 28.99 from Amazon the price is less than half that of a few other web sites, for exactly the same device.
This device takes all of its power from the OBD socket in the car, unlike some other devices.
I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which has the "Thottle Position Sensor" and "Engine Management" lamps lit, which means the ECU is restricting engine power output (drivable but overtaking on the motorway with a car this size needs all 250 bhp).
This fault displayed as a generic code on the ODB2 Scanner (plus some more details which I failed to take down at the time), and I was able to clear the fault code from the ECU and power did indeed return as a result. However the fault has returned, so I need to investigate further, and get the sensor replaced (as probably the next step).
There are other features to the device which could prove very useful when buying a second hand car, like checking the VIN number stored in the ECU. But also just to check if there are any stored codes which do not illuminate the MIL (Engine Management) lamp. My ODB socket (on my car) is below the steering wheel so very accessible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scanner well worth the money, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
I had a warning light showing on my 1999 Yaris. I have had this car from new, and it has done 130,000 miles. I have had a problem before, which involved replacing the oxygen sensors, and also cleaning the air mass seniors - both analysed by my local garage. This scanned quickly showed the fault to be a problem with the catalyst - saving me a lot of wasted time and probably money! A quick internet search on the code and Yaris has pointed to to other tests I can do reading the live data from the scanner. Good, robust machine that will prove very useful many times.

4.0 out of 5 stars save yourself 60 connection fee, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Vgate VS550 OBD2 Scanner Code Reader (Automotive)
read reviews about this code read and all were good. It comes with a bag for storing the reader,leads and manual, It is easy to use and the instructions are clear and easy to follow. But there is a down side which is why I could not give it 5 stars but 3.5 stars this because it has the facility to download updates but does not give you the site address or information on how to get the updates. Lets get back to my experience on using this scanner, I have a 2001 SAAB 93 SE and my local Saab garage charges 50+ VAT just to connect to their diagnostic tool and while a few times it was sensors that that were faulty or on their way out and it was a warning of this and it needed a garage to replace them, other times I could of replace the item if I had the scanner so I thought. I was driving a long the other day the sun was out the roof down road clear no speed cameras so I floored it only for the MIL to come on. Not to worry when I get home I will connect up my new scanner this will tell me what wrong, which I did, went thought the menu selected Saab no info then selected GM no info but it did give me a code P1110 and said consul manual. what manual there no codes in the manual that came with the scanner. so I reset the ECU and it was fine for 500 miles and again I was driving a long the motorway and open up the throttle and again on came the MIL dam it is the turbo I am thinking, connected up the scanner and again P1110 comes up so I go to my garage cursing this scanner only for the garage machine to read out the same code and the explanation performance fault bye pass valve. Had one on the shelf, fitted it replace a few hoses test drove the car this all in 30 minutes 118+VATwas the cost. I then on the net looking for DTC engine codes found a site type in the code selected Saab back came the answer bye pass valve. Lesson Try the net first. This aside it is a good tool

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›