5.0 out of 5 stars A simple Range extender
OK, So I have a bit of a history trying to extend the range of my wireless network (based on a netgear router). I've tried netgear and belkin extenders with not much joy and an incredible amount of frustration.

In one final effort yesterday, I found this product and thought I might as well give it a try.

All I can say is

Wow...
Published on 20 May 2012 by Bill

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended
I have never reviewed on Amazon before but feel compelled to do so after a very bad experience with this.

When this works it is very good and setup is relatively straightforward.
Published 20 months ago by JD

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple Range extender, 20 May 2012
This review is from: Belkin Dual Band WLAN Range Extender 2x300 MBit/s (Accessory)

All I can say is

Wow!

Wow!

This thing grabbed my network, told me what was there, said this is what you need to do - it was SO EASY!!!. It's brilliant, works really well. cannot recommend it highly enough. If you want to extend your network, buy this one!!!

Not a Belkin or netgear employee!

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin's blessing, 26 Aug 2012
I have tried and tested this fantastic piece of kit and well all I can say is it's amazing.
There was one other review on this repeater before I purchased it and I was split down the middle between this and the Netgear. Although the Netgear had more reviews it had a common theme of losing or experiencing dropping out of signal and not keeping it once found. Their other down point was the very bad customer service customers received once they needed help.

I took the plunge and I am glad I did. This fires up first time and I can turn it on and off as much as I like and it finds the signal and retains it again first time! Well done Belkin! I use this to extend a signal from one caravan to another and it has no issues what so ever with the fact it's sitting essentially in a metal box.

I would recommend this product without any doubt. For those of you who would say you are not technically minded please do not worry, you will have no problems with this.

I have made a comment on this product before I purchased as someone wanted to know it's actual range, as promised I have measured this and it has extended 20 meters, that being 60 foot (depending on what you like to use) without issues. It may well extend to more than this but that was my maximum testing capacity, combined with the fact I'm testing it through metal and not your usual brick wall. Anyway, hope this help folks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin wifi booster, 31 Mar 2013
This works amazingly with a Belkin N600 router. Really surprised how it picked up and extended the wifi signal throughout the house, my problem has always been thick walls that blocked the signal. Well worth looking at!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 14 Nov 2012

When this works it is very good and setup is relatively straightforward.
Unfortunately it does not maintain a connection and requires regular manual resetting to re-establish the wi-fi coverage. This applies even when there is reasonable proximity with the wireless router.

I have recently ordered several cheaper Huawei repeaters which are (so far) much more reliable and effective, less bulky, and even easier to set up.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM!!!!!!!, 11 Nov 2012
I was thrilled when I received this item and hoped it would be the answer to all our problems, it worked brilliantly for a few days and for the first time everyone in our household could get a connection to our wireless network, but after only a few days the repeater stopped working and kept losing connection, I telephoned the Belkin helpline who helped me reset it and it worked again for several hours but then stopped again. It now just sits uselessly flashing its amber light which means it has no connection. I did email the seller to request that I return the item for a refund but have had no response. I really wouldn't waste your money on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin dualband extender/repeater, 13 Sep 2012
Piece of cake to setup and works like a dream. Just plug in and enter password and away you go. I use my laptop right down the bottom of the garden in our hut. Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars This works - well, 10 Nov 2013
W. Scott - See all my reviews
Very easy to set up and does the job.
In use with a Belkin N750 ADSL Modem Router and I have had faultless performance for 2 weeks now.
Much better than Powerline in my house. Seamlessly, simultaneously extends 2.4ghz and 5ghz. No probs with any applications EG AirPrint.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to go 'offline' sometimes, 29 Mar 2013
Works ok, but I feel missold.. I would have liked to end up with a full WDS solution, but have actually got two wifi networks in the house now. - and devices need to flip between I them. This is not a fault of the seller, but of the device an my understanding.
The device also seems to go offline and end up with an amber light instead of a blue one on top. I haven't looked in to this, I just reset it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin dual band WLAN range extender 2x300 MBit/s, 19 Feb 2013
Excellent.it has improved our wi fi reception. I had to get a friend to set it up as we had done it wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 8 Dec 2012
Very easy to set up, reception good,first one I purchased stopped working but replacement fine, would recommend anyone to buy.

Belkin Dual Band WLAN Range Extender 2x300 MBit/s