5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little book
Published 7 months ago by Stevie

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok
As a regular hammock user I thought this book was OK
If however I was new to hammocking I suspect it wouold think it was great
Published 18 months ago by John Wright

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little book, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Hang: An Illustrated Guide To Hammock Camping (Kindle Edition)
Written by an American but nevertheless extremely useful in the UK. This is a good place to start if you are thinking of getting a hammock. I bought the Kindle version and it's well worth the money. Good information on the basics as well as choosing a site, setting up, sleeping positions etc. As a result of reading this I bought a DD Frontline hammock and tarp and I'm delighted with them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book, 2 Sep 2013
A. Bentell (Sweden) - See all my reviews
I have a hammock that I've used a couple of times this summer. Prior to using it I have enjoyed finding lots of info about hammock camping on the internet. I feel confident as a hammock camper by now. Still I have found this book very useful, it contains stuff I did not read elsewhere that I feel will make me a better hammock camper.

This is an excellent introduction to hammock camping, it is easy to read, and nicely illustrated. Hammock camping is not difficult in anyway but it does require some experience, and this book will help any new campers get on their way! Well worth the money. Derek also has a Youtube channel, and a Blog.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to hang?!, 11 Aug 2013
Great tips! If you already hang, you might not learn anything new, but great for those debating. More info for hanging without a forest location might be nice for readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't go down to the woods today...., 24 July 2013
Unless you've read this book!

Derek quite literally wrote the book on hammocks and hammock camping!

Very informative, well written with great illustrations.

Was a little concerned about how it would display on the Kindle so downloaded a sample and was delighted to discover that I had nothing to worry about.

If you are even slightly interested in the wonderful world of hammocks I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

Get it for your Kindle or buy a “real” copy it doesn’t matter as long as you get a copy...

5.0 out of 5 stars For when your hanging, 31 May 2013
Fox (South Yorks) - See all my reviews
So either you are new to the hanging game or a seasoned hanger, this guide is great.
It covers all the basics including what to look out for, with fantastic illustrations to help make the point.

Derek (author) is a frequent contributor to the hammock scene and forums and is very willing to share his knowledge.

I have the ebook version, there is word that a second book is in the pipeline so looking forward to that as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best hammocking book ever!, 22 April 2013
I got this book when I had just started hammock camping and at first was confused about all the different accesories that could be added to hammocks (whoopie slings for example) but after reading this book (and buying lots of new kit!) hammocking is now quicker, easier and more fun than ever.

Whether you're just starting to hammock or have been doing so for years this is a great book and you will learn something.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate hang, 29 Mar 2013
tankosl (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
If you're new to hammock camping, or if you're a seasoned "hanger" you'll find great information here.
There are no photos here, it's all done with little cartoons/illustrations and they're great!!!
The diversity of information is staggering but it's all included in an easy to follow format.
I'm terrible at reading books, I've got several that I've never finished but this isn't one of them.......in fact I've started to read it again just so all the info sinks in!!!
This is written in a lighthearted way that stops you putting it down and is entertaining as well as informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the ultimate hang guide!, 3 Dec 2012
Mr. J. D. Andrews (UK) - See all my reviews
Within 1 week of my copy arriving I had read it cover to cover. As a new-comer to hammock hanging I was eager for detailed information on all aspects of how to set up and use hammocks and this book does not fail to deliver. It covers a wide range of topics from suspension technics, tricks to stay dry and warm and the low-down on popular commercial systems. Very thorough and brilliantly illustrated.

5.0 out of 5 stars The hammock bible, 28 Nov 2012
I've been hanging in the trees for two years now. I started with a dd hammock. Had some nice nights out, but couldn't get comfortable. I read this book and found out why. To cut the story short, I now have three hammocks (dd travel + a woodsman, and a blackbird), a dd tarp, whoopie slings, tree huggers, carabiners, and a diy underquilt.

Cant recommend this book enough.
Also see shugs hammock videos. He also recommends it, highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you ever wanted to know...., 17 April 2012
Robert DOUGHTY "Rob" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
A great book - short and to the point yet comprehensive on all things that matter with hammocks and accessories. Also plenty of further references and links to web site information and sellers. Worth every penny.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›