on 27 March 2014
If you are about to buy this product for yourself/a child to practice painting, it is probably ideal, as the product is cheap. Saying that, however, I usually buy from a different company whose canvasses are only marginally more expensive and found the quality significantly better.

I use these canvasses for making fabric pictures that I sell - and sadly, the quality of these does not stack up for that purpose. When I saw them I thought I'd give them a go but this will will have been the first and last time I have bought these.

So, what are my main criticisms?

1. The packaging.
I ordered three sets of the 4-pack of canvasses, so 12 in total. 5 out of those 12 were damaged since the canvasses had merely been placed in a padded envelope, which is clearly not enough to protect. To be fair, when I contacted Cystal Edge about this, they sent replacements straight away and I didn't have to return the damaged ones.

2. The shape.
They are meant to be square, however, the canvas is folded in a way that has alternating corners with a double fold of canvas with the consequence that the whole canvas looks a bit wonky. Besides, there is no 'nice' side to the canvas, i.e. there is no side that hasn't got a double fold and so whenever you see the canvas from the side there is an unsightly bulge on a corner. My standards are high but in this case I have seen equally cheap canvasses done better.

3. The surface.
The canvasses I used to buy (and will continue buying again) had a fairly smooth surface, which looked better and was nicer to work with. The canvasses here are very rough and with quite a strong texture, which personally I don't like as much and imagine would be quite absorbent when painting.
on 19 May 2013
I bought these for the children to draw on at a birthday party. We used oil pastel crayons with them. Nice size for the little hands. Great inexpensive way to keep the children quiet for 20 minutes! I ordered 3 sets but only 1 set arrived. When I enquired about the remaining 2 sets, they were sent promptly (oversight on the part of the seller). Good service. Good buy.
on 27 December 2013
Just what we needed for our budding Michelangelo, good quality canvas and arrived well packaged and in great time, display pic shows rectangle canvas, remember these are square, 20x20!
on 3 August 2012
This is an excellent product, sturdy frames and canvases were identical in colour. Product arrived quickly and without damage. Reccommended.
on 5 December 2013
These came very quickly, well packed and a great little product. Neat edges (which I like) Nice surface. Would recommend for all sorts of projects, from oils to acrylics and watercolours. Spray inks, decoupage. Really useful and a trouble free buying experience. Thanks.
on 27 November 2012
Brilliant product and worked a treat, the finish of the paintings were first class and it didnt smudge or dry unevenly. a good product, will buy again.
on 18 August 2013
Good value. Was a bit dubious as sometimes cheap canvases are poorly made and always a risk when buying on line. Was not disappointed.
on 30 August 2013
This is a great buy I bought 2 sets of these canvases and they were delivered within 3 days, in a perfect condition. I used 2 of the canvases to do paintings on for a friends birthday and gave her the other two. When I opened the canvases I was already pleased, they were delivered in a box and wrapped in twos. I opened the packaging and was surprised at how good quality they were for such a good price.The canvas has a thick material to work with and I cant imagine them to rip easily

Thoroughly impressed and pleased with the perches, and will hopefully be buying some more in the near future.
on 2 February 2016
If I could give no stars I would. I opened it and it looks like plastic! Will teach me to buy cheap again, never been so angry this is the farthest thing from canvas (clue is in the name) ever, I could put it on my floor and pass it off as lino.
on 5 June 2012
excellent. one out of the four was slightly a different colour but not the end of the world. would highly recommend.