on 10 February 2013
Addendum
I decided to increase the rating to 5 stars after listening to them again after a long time.
My daughter had them for over two years now and they are still perfect, whilst the sound seems to have improved further. Regardless of price there are certainly better sounding headphones, but for this money these are hugely rewarding.

Original review
I bought these headphones for my daughter who will use them for her iPod.

I only listen to them on her iPod, my Samsung Galaxy S2 and an old but excellent Rio MP3 player using compressed 128 Kb/s and 320 Kb/s files. I did not plug them into my main HiFi (a Linn-Rogers system) since I did not have time for a proper burn in. My judgement on the sound quality is therefore only an initial impression.

Overall these headphones are an excellent buy especially at the discounted price. They are well made, use good material, are very stilish, reasonably confortable and sound certainly well especially for the price. It is easy to find many much more expensive headphones with inferior sound.

The detachable cable is a class act and extremely useful to avoid permanent damage. It is one of the best I have seen, being small, light and flexible. The positioning on the ears can be adjusted in very small steps, which is very important as the sound does change with incorrect positioning.

They are very well isolated and the sound does not leak.

The sound quality is very good. Rather than bass heavy they are better defined as lacking a bit in presence. This is however very dependent on the optimal position on the ear. The bass is of good quality, tight with good detail and extension. The mids are a little understated can loose control and voices can sound recessed. The highs are very dependent on positioning and once this is optimised they show good promise. At present they are a little harsh but I expect soundstage and highs to improve with burn-in. The soundstage is already quite good, the details are also very good (especially in the basses). Dynamics are good.

Overall they sound a little unbalanced across the frequency spectrum at present.

Nonetheless, these are classy headphones and are certainly good enough to deserve being fed with good 256 or 320 Kb/s files at least and good recordings. They show little mercy to bad recordings, as good headphones tend to do.
on 23 April 2012
At first the quality seems very good. The shiny white plastic is very beautiful although the pods seem a little bit loose but this result to an improved adjustability on ears.
Second the comfort is medium. The pods can be easily adjusted to the ears and the leather-like material on the pods is friendly to the ears. The problem is with the tension which is more than it should be (it is not painful, though). Even my 13 years old son has identified this problem after a few minutes of use. It seems that the size of the plastic band should be bigger. Also, this band trends to very slightly deform in the middle when the headphones are worn. An ergonomic improvement is needed.
The cable is superb and both mono-jacks are jointed in a sure manner in the pods. It is hardy and seems to be durable. Even for careless users the spare part is always a perfect solution.
Now, about the sound. I use the headphones with my ipods (classic and nano 5th generation) as sources. I also tried them with my Sony Walkman and Sansa fuze. Well, the headphones are a little bit bass heavy but just a little bit. The bass, in any case, does not overwhelm the sound in order to darken the image at difficult tunes(as for example in AKG K450).
The medium range seems to be well defined and voices come out very precisely.
At the higher frequencies the reproduction is upper- moderate but seems to improve though burning up period. (I use them 2 weeks now).
Overall the sound is very good, not impressive, but close enough to the source. With such a behaviour, the headphones are not likely to classical music but they are very good for jazz or rock music.
The clarity is very good (for the price) and the volume can be adjusted to high levels without annoying sound deformation. Compared them to my Bose OE (more than 4 times expensive) they loose only in comfort, not in sound.
The sound stage is not big but it is something that is expected in this price range.
The sound isolation is good and the leak of sound is successfully banned. The problem is with the plastic material of the pods and the band that result in annoying sounds when for example these parts are slightly rubbed on the neckband. Maybe the manufacturer should install an insulation material layer, inside the pods, in a future improvement.
Finally the price is extremely good, especially with the 10pound discount of this period.
The 3 years warranty is something that should also be taken into consideration, for the price. Of course I hope that the manufacturer will respond in a case of a problem with a friendly manner.
Overall I would say that is a very successful purchase and a very good light weight addition to my headphone collection.
Easily four stars. One star off for the comfort issue. Four and a half stars would be more honest choice, but the half star is not available.
on 5 January 2015
I got these to use in the ear covers for my ski helmet. I couldn't believe how easy they were to install and the detachable cable is perfect for this setup (and rare even for much more expensive headphones). The build quality is good (the ear cups seemed quite loose but I was taking them off the head band for my purposes) and they sound great. Would definitely recommend for the price!
on 30 March 2014
these cans are the bees knees. I was looking for a pair of light, smart looking, well built headphones for outdoor and indoor use. The ear muffs are exactly the right shape, comfortable and with very little 'sound leakage' The sound quality superb
Delighted so far.