5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE FOR MONEY
RHA CA-200 Black Headphones
I initially bought the wrong headphone, but the Customer Service at RHA is excellent and the CA200 was provided, together with a very speedy refund through Amazon.
In brief, these are high quality headphones.
Published on 23 Feb 2012 by HOWIE

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Can Be Deceiving!
This product looks good. However it feels very cheap and the sound quality is poor. It can also break fairly easily. It was really over-priced at the time of purchase!
Published 17 months ago by Dan

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE FOR MONEY, 23 Feb 2012
RHA CA-200 Black Headphones
In brief, these are high quality headphones.
Firstly, inspite of their plastic looks and feel, and quite stiff earpiece adjustment mechanism (which, at least, once in place stays in position) the fit is very comfortable: by 30 minutes I am unaware I am wearing headphones. It's quite a weird and nice experience to hear headphone music which is not apparently coming from two fixed points. Enhancing this acoustic experience is a realistic sound-stage, which puts you in the same acoustic environment as the performers. This is achieved by a three dimensional sound, rather than the one dimensional sterile sound provided by many headphones.
You do need to be patient, however. Initially, the upper-mid range sounds recessed and indistinct. This corrected after about 40 hours of 'running in' with fairly loud bass heavy music, to give an uncoloured sound throughout the auditory frequency range. The bass is now deep but firm, mids are well projected and distinct, whilst treble is crisp, but never harsh. You won't get migraines from these cans!
My own particular musical taste is Classical and Jazz and with these headphones it is very easy to follow the line of particular instruments in the mix, without having to strain with concentration. For instance, in Baroque music, such as the Brandenburgs, I was hearing instruments I had never heard before, with the harpsichord sounding suitably clear and jaunty. Pavarotti sounds appropriately powerful and sweet, whilst Danielle de Niese's voice in her Handel album is beautifully projected and clear. Even the words of Carols sung in the very reverberent St Paul's Cathedral can be distinctly heard -a rarity in my experience. Large scale works and chamber music, including solo violin and piano are equally good- it doesn't seem to matter what you play through the CA-200's, the overall sound signature is one of great presence and clarity, set in a realistic acoustic. Just close your eyes listening to Jacques de Loussier's Goldberg and you become part of the performance. Obviously I can't comment on other genres of music but the bass is deep enough to pick out all the nuances of the Organ's 32 ft. pipe, so will probably be adequate for most bass freaks.
I did compare the CA200's to an array of other headphones on display in a number of London high street stores, using both my own mp3/flac player, and the modern music provided by the stores and, for me, they compare favourably to headphones costing 5 times the price. They also don't put your head into a vice, like my Sennheiser HD205's. Alongside these other headphones I also thought that their shiny piano black colour looked very smart-so did my 23 year old daughter! True, there were other headphones that provided louder bass, but at the expense of mid/high clarity.
The sensitivity of the CA200's is also relatively high, which means they achieve good volume levels from portable mp3 players.
The replaceable cord is thin and does not feel robust, though the connections into the earpieces are firm. I would have preferred a thicker cord and only one connection to the headphones-but I have now become accustomed to the two. The braided cord does tangle, but is much easier to untangle than the usual plastic coated type. I would have preferred a longer cord, however. The one provided is fine 'on the move', but too short to sit in the comfort of an arm chair listening to your home stereo, unless you are sitting right next to your System. However, extension leads are easily sourced and cheap.
Overall then, a great purchase at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than my Bose headphones! Fantastic, 21 Jan 2012
This review is from: RHA CA-200 Headphone (Personal Computers)
These headphones are fantastic value for money! Excellent deep bass and so much better than Beats by Dr Dre! And at a fantastic price point! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice.., 28 Nov 2011
This review is from: RHA CA-200 Headphone (Personal Computers)
Really quality headphones for a decent price, I was impressed. Good sound and good design: clean lines and well-engineered.

The detachable cable is a definite plus: I hadn't thought of it before but it makes it so much easier to untangle when you're travelling with the headphones.. and if it gets damaged you can plug a new one in rather than having to ditch your headphones.. or change the length for whatever you're doing. Great idea.

There's a lot of choices out there but I picked right with these: fully recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars The headphones you always wanted, 4 Nov 2011
Ian Devlin "ilikerock" (Glasgow UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: RHA CA-200 Headphone (Personal Computers)
On a pure spur of the moment thing, I went into Reid & Heath Acoustics (Glasgow branch) and asked to try out some headphones using my iPhone. I saw the price tag of the CA 200's, but doubted they'd be up to much. I mean, they LOOK nice. But how good can they be for just under 40, right? WRONG!!! These headphones are the best I've ever heard. They are WAY better than Dr Dre's Beats range and at a fraction of the price. Punchy, bright mids. Bass frequencies are tight and warm. High-end stuff (a Fender Strat guitar clean sound on a single-coil bridge pickup, for example) has a sweet, sparkly presence which is not in the least bit harsh or nasal. I love these headphones. They make me want to listen to music (not that I ever DON'T want to listen to music, but I'm just saying... They should be four times the price they are, although I'm glad they aren't. Serious audiophiles will dig them in a big way. Absolute 10/10 listening experience. Well done, Reid & Heath.

5.0 out of 5 stars CA200's = Top Purchase, 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: RHA CA-200 Headphone (Personal Computers)
I bought the CA200's to give as a present, however when they arrived (very speedy delivery) they were just so nice I couldn't part with them!! I was already familiar with the British RHA brand as I also own the SA 850's, another decent headphone at a decent price. However after reading all the positive reviews for the CA200's I made my purchase. I'm extremely pleased with them and they deliver such great sound quality, I would highly recommend...top purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars RHA CA-200 Earphones, 23 Nov 2011
This review is from: RHA CA-200 Headphone (Personal Computers)
So I decided to treat myself to some new earphones, Mmmm so much choice, recently I bought the RHA MA-350 ear buds for using with my iPhone and was so impressed with the sound quality compared to my others, everything sounded so crisp and clear.

So without spending a fortune I wanted good sound for my pound, and chose the RHA CA-200, excellent delivery and customer service yet again, I like they way the lead is separate from the earphones, great for on my pc, the braided cable is good for not getting tangled, easy adjustable and fit perfect round the ears, and very comfortable, the sound is fantastic and the bass is pure, I am so happy with these earphones I will not be getting any others in the future. Well done RHA ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, good construction, great value for money., 21 Nov 2011
This review is from: RHA CA-200 Headphone (Personal Computers)
My purchasing experience with RHA was very positive- Delivered within a few days, and good communication from good customer service.

The Ca-200's themselves, are a very solid competitor for affordable high performance headphones. I've owned a lot of headphones in my lifetime, upwards of twenty, and considering everything: the performance, design, construction and price, I have to place the Ca-200's in my all time top 4. Delivers strong bass and good articulated mid tones, they seem to accommodate the diverse sounds of my wide music tastes very well.

The build of the set is light weight but sturdy and comfortable. I also appreciated some of the little design features like the twin detachable and fabric braided cables (if a little short, though I appreciate I like to fidget more than most). The multi-axial ball-socket ear-cups should be great at fitting round most, if not all, oddly shaped heads. Though the fit isn't the tightest I've had for total sound isolation, the lighter and more comfortable fit does mean I can wear these headphones much longer, and given the quality of the sound, they excel as an everyday 'out and about' set.

Generally, I've very pleased with my purchase. Best value for money headset I bought in recent years. I would definitely rate RHA highly to those that place higher priority on sound and functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 Jan 2012
This review is from: RHA CA-200 Headphone (Personal Computers)
I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile, but after my dog ate my last headphones I thought I should buy some sturdier and better quality headphones. I read many reviews on Amazon, and I am so glad that I decided on these.
The sound quality is (to my relatively untrained ears) absolutely superb, and matches that of other more expensive headphones. They are incredibly comfortable and sturdy, and worth well over 40.
If you're looking for headphones that deliver on both sound and aesthetic quality, don't hesitate to buy these as they won't disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headphones, 23 Nov 2011
This review is from: RHA CA-200 Headphone (Personal Computers)
Old headphones broke so decided to buy these not really knowing what I'd get for my money, but can safely recommend them. Apart from good sound quality, they are the comfiest headphones I've owned yet - and the best looking :) they actually look neater on me than I thought they would. They're super lightweight and they fit into my bag easily beacause of the slim design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what i was looking for, 23 Nov 2011
This review is from: RHA CA-200 Headphone (Personal Computers)
Was looking for headphones that were light and stylish and i found them in the RHA CA-200.
Very comfortable and the sound was first class i would reccomend everytime.

RHA CA-200 Headphone