5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price
Ordered this headset as I was tired of tangled cables, wanted a wireles headset, and knew that Asus had a good rep for quality products. After a couple of weeks use, I can say that it's a step above some the Logitech, Creative, or Turtle Beach headsets in the same price bracket.

Published on 26 Mar. 2013 by Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars Much worse than previous model
Published 23 months ago by I Wonder Why

1.0 out of 5 stars Much worse than previous model, 11 April 2013
I Wonder Why (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Asus HS-W1 Wireless Design Headset, 2,4 GHz (Accessory)
I found this headset pretty uncomfortable, and it slipped off too easily. Worse, the reception was terrible. Started cutting out when I was on the other side of the room. Sometimes, it would briefly cut out when I was less then 1.5 m from the computer! Some nice features, like the automatic turn-off, but mostly worse than the previous model, the Asus HS-1000W, which had *much* better range. However, the 1000W is fragile, as you can see from the reviews of that product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Asus HS-W1 Wireless Design Headset, 2,4 GHz (Accessory)

Sound reproduction is fine, with nice deep bass and crisp teble output. The headset itself feels fairly sturdy, without being too heavy, and sits comfortably on the head. It can feel a little uncomfortable after long periods if you also wear glasses, but I'd think that would be the case with most headsets. The wireless range is pretty good too, with the audio only breaking up at the very edge of it's stated range (15m).

The mic has an excellent pick up range for voice audio, making VOIP communication clear and easy, whislt eliminating almost all background noise.

The only downside, which may either be a small design flaw, or a defect with the headset I received, has to do with the mic. It uses a "Rotate-To-Mute" action to kill mic input. On my unit, the rotation mechanism is a little loose, and as such, does not stay upright when my head is lowered. Once the mic arm passes about the 40 degree mark, the mic becomes open again. As small gripe I know, and it really is the only one I have.

On the whole, I'd recommend this headset above the others in it's price range.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Dec. 2014
Mr. C. D. Mcveigh "Chio" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
good, falls off head too easily lasted 2 years before I stood on it

1.0 out of 5 stars Build Quality - 5 Stars .. everything else 1 Star !!!, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Asus HS-W1 Wireless Design Headset, 2,4 GHz (Accessory)
Ive been using & buying wireless headphones for 10 years now .. so i know a thing or two about headphones.

I dropped my current pair once & they stopped working .. they where Ugly & Cheap looking compared to the Asus .. but the sound quality scored 5 Stars .. ive tried to order another pair but they're sold out everywhere .. including Maplins UK !!

The sound quality on the Asus is muffled & uninspiring .. worse sounding headphones ive ever had to be honest .. they look really nice though ... & the wireless range is terrible .. hense the 1 star rating :(

Asus HS-W1 Wireless Design Headset, 2,4 GHz