on 21 February 2008
Waitint for almost 4 weeks finally got this book. But this book is not that good as I thought compare with last month the other book I bought from Amazon. I think Antje Gillingham's "Knitting circles around sock -knit 2 at a time on circular needles" her book are more much better then this new book. So if you are looking a book for knitting 2 socks at same time. I'll recommend you buy~ Antje Gillingham's "Knitting circles around sock -knit 2 at a time on circular needles" describe clear, step by step step, easy to read and also the cover is paperback easy to carrying aroung and read.
on 18 May 2010
I bought this for the technique and not the patterns, but I am distinctly unimpressed. It is certainly not suitable for sock knitting beginners: there are far too many mistakes and the instructions don't give enough detail. I am an intermediate knitter and just about managing to follow the basic instructions, but the number of errors and omissions is quite alarming.

Having coloured the two socks differently in the photos, why not call them by colour in the instructions, rather than A and B? In several places the instructions or photos refer to the wrong sock, and even where they don't I've had to resort to labelling each sock in the photos to make sense of it all. The photos could have been a lot bigger and more numerous. The sock anatomy photo would have been more useful if it came accompanied by some sort of diagram showing how the construction is achieved. In general some diagrams as well as photos might have helped.

The method seems to involve more shuffling of the needle than actual knitting, and I'm not yet convinced I'll want to use it once I've finished the sample socks. All things considered, a waste of money.
on 26 February 2010
This book has a great technique but there are very basis errata on the initial instructions, glaringly obvious to an experienced knitter, but wouldn't be to a novice. I checked the publishers website for the errata and there are loads, if you buy this book, go to their page and change the mistakes or you will be very confused! Otherwise it is a brilliant book with wonderful patterns and well worth the hassle.
on 26 December 2011
there are loads of mistakes in this book, her other book for toe up socks is better, but I don't like the basic shape of her socks, I don't want to have to proof read a book before I use it, & the method is slow because you spend too much time moving stitches around on the needles. The fact is if you find knitting socks tedious then don't knit them, if you enjoy it then you don't need this book. There are no shortcuts when knitting socks! The only advantage to this method is you do finish up with 2 socks that are exactly the same size as you will knit the same number of rows on each one in each section while when you knit 2 socks one after the other it can turn out that you mis calculate & have an extra row or 2 in one of them, not really crucial for most people but if this drives you mad you may wish to try knitting your socks 2 at a time, but don't buy this book. It is an insult to sell a book with so many typo's & to take your money from you expecting you to go to the website to correct the book or to sit there working it out for yourself
on 23 March 2011
This book ,would , I am sure be very helpful if you understood the American terms and abbreviations. Unfortunately I don't so it was not of any use to me .
on 12 April 2013
Good to have a Knitters challenge with a useful product at the end that is not embarrassing to wear Patterns explained comprehensively. If you can knit and purl you can now accomplish a turned heel and pick up a gusset. there is a choice of yarns with explanations of weight and length of wool skein rather than brand names that can go out of date. Also american and metric size needles. Sock Sizes for Men ,Women and Children. Good pictures. 17 different styles from very plain to cables and lace effect and fairisle. A good addition to your craft library.
on 20 March 2013
I have been knitting socks for some time but this book has saved me from the dreaded second sock syndrome.. we've all been there!
You enjoy knitting the first sock, it's a new adventure, but when you've finished the prospect of repeating the experience is not so much an adventure as a chore.
Knit 2 at a time and you need never experience the dreaded SSS again. This book explains the method in very clear steps, so you will be able to adapt any of your patterns to this great method.
on 11 January 2014
was not as thrilled as I thought I would be. Her videos are not available on you tube but can be bought so wasn't happy . Found other with you tube support videos better. But it is a good book I suppose
on 28 April 2016
A good book with some very nice patterns. I have always used dpns to knit my sock so am looking forward to having a go at this method.
on 5 February 2016
Well written with lots of helpful diagrams, excellent book for those wanting to learn how to knit two socks at a time
review image