TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 November 2011
For a start this two disc set comes in a very nice embossed silver and colour wash slip case, and it looks very good.THe booklet is a summary of all of his albums, covers photos and tracl listings.So to what this set offers firstly the CD,it's a very generous 21 tracks worth over 78 minutes playing time of his best songs, they sound really great and there well have been some remastering but certainly have lost nothing if they have.Songs from every album, but the set listing is very well done and the whole disc is full of real treasures by this most carismatic of blues based artists,opening with 'Dog House Boogie' that set his success off when he first appeared on Jools Holland's Later show, through tracks like 'Diddley Bo', 'Happy Man', '8 Ball', and of course the title track 'Walkin' Man'.Sure I've got the albums but this is a superb was to get them afresh, or if you have nothing by the great man here's one fantastic place to start your collection. This alone is easily worth five stars, but hold on there's more. The second disc is a DVD, and this contains a full gig at the Brixton O2 Acadamy, nineteen songs with a couple of extra musicians including some wonderful double bassplayed by Amy LaVere and some extra guitar and percussion from I believe Steve's son Paul Martin Wold, who also sings one of his songs as well.Of course we musn't forget Steve's drummer DAan Magnusson, who's a key bpart of Steve's sound both live and in the studio,this live set is worth the price of the set alone,but wait there's even more.Yes , we also get the documentary BBC made of him going back to his Mississippi roots.Many fans have been after this since it was first shown a few months ago, so here it is, and one of those you could watch again and again, very rare in many docu type films.
So here you have without doubt a fantastically enjoyable two disc set, that will bring pleasure and get those feet tapping for a long time ahead. Seasick Steve is a great bluesman of his time , the upholder of a great Mississippi Hillside sound of the blues but also taking the music forward into a new generation, absoltely unmissable, and one of the best releases of the year, waste no time order this now or get it on your Christmas list. Fivce star plus !
on 11 September 2013
If you like your blues, raw or otherwise Seasick Steve is the guy for you. A selection that should please the most demanding customer and give you an insight to a superb musician who Started Out With Nothing but has consistently delivered from the Doghouse to his audience.
on 27 August 2013
greatest hits CD was just what I needed as a birthday card from the misses and it is on replay in my car so it lasts longer than a cardboard cut out
on 7 October 2013
This guy is incredible,where has he been for most of his life.I`d love to see this artist in concert.Hopefully i`ll gey the chance.
on 12 May 2012
Brilliant album, now I've got the "best of" I want to buy his other albums. Chilled out, laid back and moody - really good listening.
The Hobo with the groove, Seasick Steve the phenomenon of the last few years, brought to the worlds attention by Jools Holland and star of many a festival during the season, gets a compilation coving all his albums and EPs.
The music is pretty heartfelt blues style, and always has a charm and a great story, and for someone who could be considered a one trick pony there is actually a lot of variety in the tunes music and accompaniment. I have to say that this collection held my concentration for the full 21 tracks, and it does hang together well as a compilation. As an added bonus you get a great nicely filmed concert from the O2 and the wonderful Documentary with Steve travelling back to his roots. My only gripe a bit more information on the tracks would be useful in the booklet.
Very much an upbeat and fine collection of a great musician and storyteller, and a must for pretty much anyone who like Blues music.
on 30 July 2013
I'd heard of Sea Stick Steve and I'd seen the man interviewed on a TV show but to be honest I'd never really heard his music or seen him play; so this purchase felt like a good idea to get a feel of what this truly extaordinary musician is all about and boy I wasn't disappointed. It is just a joy to listen to and I play it endlessly in the car. The recording has a real raw quality to it and you're treated to a range of tracks that explore the artist's perception of the world around him from his youth to the present day. Steve plays on a range of guitars; many of which are home made from distinctly non-guitar like components which all add up to help deliver the unique sound he creates. Some of the stand out tracks such as Cheap, Started Out with Nothin',Thunderbird and Prospect Lane demonstrate the range and diversity of the story telling and the music. If you're into Blues, then buy this album!
on 18 November 2011
Having bought all Seasick Steve's albums so far it was a debate whether to get this "Best of" hits and the fact the deluxe version comes with a full live DVD swung it for me, and this set is very good value for money.
Seasick Steve is really an enigma in modern music with such a raw homemade sound and heartfelt blues lyrics and this compilation really showcases his talents as well as gives a great introduction to anyone who does not know his music yet.

The fact that in 2011 in the day of plastic pop a man can come along with home made instruments and sing blues and folk songs is a real pleasure, I say if you like real music welcome to Seasick Steve the worlds most famous Hobo.
on 4 August 2013
I'm not usually a fan of "best of" albums but having glanced at the titles and the price, I thought it was well-worth a try. I was not disappointed in the album. It is an excellent selection across a few years of this really enjoyable artist's work. For people familiar with his albums there is usually one track of him recounting an incident from his life which is fine and often interesting and amusing but it isn't music and after a few listenings I usually find myself skipping the "story" to get on with the songs which is what I bought the album for - so good news for those of you like me: there's no "story". I thoroughly recommend the album!
on 23 June 2014
Amazing stuff Steve is the very best. I highly recommend this album not to sure about amazon cloud but I don't have a record player any more. :(