5.0 out of 5 stars I honestly said "Wow"
As a technophile of many years standing, I am fairly hard to impress. When I first listened to these speakers I really did say "Wow'. Their size belies their ability. They perform beautifully and look beautiful. These small, neat units give a well controlled, crisp sound with good treble and plenty of bass. If you heard them without seeing them you would imagine something...
Published on 26 Jun 2012 by Paul Villa

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound cut out feature
I got these speakers a while back and while the sound is fine, I HATE the auto cut off system which, on mine at least, seems to choose to cut off when it likes. If a film is a little quiet, the sound cuts off, if I use pause on either a film or music, it takes a little while to come back when there is sound coming through again, and now it seems to cut be cutting out at...
Published on 16 July 2012 by Ms. K. F. Deery

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good 2.0 speakers for the price, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: JBL Jembe 2.0 Computer Speaker System - Black (Personal Computers)
Got these speakers from tesco for 20 and they are quiet amazing for the price. Bass is not bad if not deep.

2.0 out of 5 stars Jbl?, 18 Jan 2013
Not as expected! Speaker is not as described and when it switches off on auto it's hard to keep on. Will revert o my Hp speakers that have a sub woofer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not find better for the price, 3 Aug 2012
Kevin Wass - See all my reviews
The first thing to confess is that Amaz*n were not the cheapest. If you haven't the patience to shop about though, these will not be beaten for quality at around forty quid. Clean bass with no distortion. Clear mids and tops with lovely crispy tones without that brittle effect so often associated with small speakers. I am using these to monitor recordings before getting them back to the studio for a proper mixdown, and suit me very well. Lightweight, powered and full presence volume.
Smart looking too, but enough about me..... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 April 2012
Steve (Pinner, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These are absolutely brilliant. They sound great with a deep rich bass and clear top response. Have plenty of volume without any distortion and I love the smooth operating volume control on the top of the right hand speaker. The only very minor gripe is the power saving mode which turns the speakers off when they haven't been used for 15 minutes. They take around 10 seconds to turn themselves back on again after the sound has been started from the computer, therefore missing the first part of whatever you are playing. Very pleased with my purchase and great value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars There's better out there for the money, 28 July 2014
Good build but flat sounding and lacks dynamics. Very low-fi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy speakers to use with my laptop., 29 Mar 2013
I'm not a music expert and just like to sing along when using my laptop. These speakers seem very adequate for my purposes. Good looking and not too big they reproduce my choice of music - folk and classical extremely well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 12 Mar 2013
Read lots of reviews and picked on these. Absolutley delighted. Amazing sound that fills the room and they look good. Ordered late on a Friday afternoon and got them on Saturday. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little speakers, 7 Mar 2013
J. North (uk) - See all my reviews
Great sound for small speakers on a range of music.They dont show up the dust which is a real bonus. Only downside is the bulky adaptor plug hence 4 stars not 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars speakers, 9 Feb 2013
efirst class, good product big sound. arrived very quickly would recommend many thanks enough enough enough enough enough enough enough

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough to stay with them, 15 Jan 2013
I'm really really sad, but I'm going to return this pair of speakers :(

At my home in Spain I have the JBL Creature II and I love it (and I miss it so much). So after 1 year here in UK with my small but amazing Logitech V10 I think is time to improve it! I was watching for a couple of weeks this JBL Jembe and I have to say I felt in love the first time I saw it, so when I noticed the offer of amazon (30 pounds with free shipment) I had no doubt and bought it quickly!

The packet is nice and everything come really good packing and... THEY ARE SO LOVELY!!! Are more gorgeous than in pics!!!! They are not really smaller or bigger, the size is perfect! The volume control is so good and so useful... The shinny black is precious and the feature of switch off automatically (even a lot of people complain about that) in my case works very good and I think is a good improvement (although maybe in the future is a source of problems...), I like as well the steel rack, even the base with anti-slip rubber is nice!!!... Honestly in design my rating is 11 out of 10. So in this part I have to congratulate JBL for the innovation and offer something different!!!!

Buuuuut the sounds... I don't know how explain it! The sound is good buuuut NOBODY SAYS THAT or is in the specifications but these speakers are one-way and I think is there the problem! I've never realized about that but comparing with my V10 (I paid for them 15 pounds) which are two-way they sounds more surround! I think I prefer a two-way speakers with a sound 7 out of 10 than a speakers one-way with a 8 out of 10! Maybe my ears are vicious after 1 year with the V10 but with the JBL Jembe, yes the Bass are really powerfull, but I think they mask the medium and high range (which for me is more important). I think the construction of the speakers made something strange because the sound although is clear is like it comes far, it doesn't full all my room, not surrounding... so comparing a loooot of songs with my V10 just I noticed differences with the bass, with the medium and high range I prefer the V10, is more like if the singer was here, with the Jembe all seems a bit distant.

So my rating is 10 about the design, 6 about the sound, and 7 about the price, for that reason I rate with 3 stars, but I must to say that if I were paid 45 pouds, like the normal price I would be quite disappointed, the rate were been 2 stars!!!
I repeat that the sound is ok but comparing with my cheap V10 I expected a really improve and I don't see that improve with this pair! I'm going to try with the Logitech Z520 after my pleasure experience with the V10.

Just I recommend this speakers for people who really love the design above all and they prefer the bass more than medium and high range, really I've thinking a lot about return them or not cause I love the design!!!!! :(