1,203 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars NON PULL DOG HARNESS - COMPANY OF ANIMALS
Published on 25 Mar. 2010 by Steven Brough

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good experience
I got the medium sized harness for my 16kg puppy as she would pull around rabbits/deer etc.

I fitted it correctly and was using it in unison with training but it never felt right. She will give the occasional strong pull if something runs out in front of her and she'll tend to keep the lead slightly tight as she's walking so I thought this harness would suit...
Published 11 months ago by Pinky

4.0 out of 5 stars NON PULL DOG HARNESS - COMPANY OF ANIMALS, 25 Mar. 2010
Steven Brough (AFRICA) - See all my reviews
I have a 40KG German Shepherd, who is 15 months old. He had a diificult start in life, being taken from his mother too early, changing owner at 4 months and moving home several times, including to a different continent. He has become a very strong willed and difficult dog, although still very loveable. As a result, it has not been easy to control or train him and his pulling on the lead during walks is excessive.

I bought the harness on the reccommendation of a friend, but when it arrived I was disappointed, because it seemed quite flimsy. In fact I was even concerned that it might break on account of my dog is so powerful. I'm pleased to say that I was proved totally wrong. Whilst the harness has far from stopped him pulling, it has, however, reduced the amount of effort I require to control him by at least 50%. Before I used to regularly suffer from neck, shoulder and arm aches and pains after long walks. Now this rarely occurs. Additionally I have now been able to stop using a choker chain, which I hate, but previously was the only means of having any meaningful control. Before a harness was totally unuseable. Maybe the description "non pull harness" is not quite accurate in my case, but certainly "much reduced pull" is valid. My dog is an extreme case and I would think that for 90% of dogs the harness would be totally effective.

It's not particularly expensive and I would reccommend anybody to buy one and give it a try. It may not stop your dog pulling completely, but I would be very surprised if you didn't experience a significant improvement and a lot less effort required on your part.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformation!, 20 Nov. 2010
I would like to tell you a story. I bought this harness on the strength of the other reviews. My head strong Spaniel usually drags me towards trees, lamposts, brick walls, parked cars and he is also usually ten steps ahead of me, with me jerking at his slip lead, yelling "heel", getting hot and bothered and thoroughly cheesed off. Dear reader, the harness arrived yesterday. We slipped it on. No fuss. I clipped on the lead. Still no fuss. I left the house, partner watching me. I turned after a few steps and said "well, I think it's working so far." We walked off into the damp night and I had to keep looking down to check it was the same dog on the end of the lead. No attempts to pull. No being pulled off balance. When I wanted to stop at the kerb, he gently stopped squarely with me. The lamposts came and went, as did the trees. I wondered if perhaps the thing was too tight? But no, his tail was wagging and when I checked around his shoulders, there was plenty of movement. Cue much grinning to myself, and imaginary air punching. I was enjoying the walk so much, we went far further than we usually do! We arrived home cool, calm, and collected. If your dog is giving you a pain in the arm and a sore throat, do yourself a HUGE favour and buy this harness. Now, I wonder if they do one for errant teenagers......?!!

5.0 out of 5 stars non pull dog harness, 23 Nov. 2011
W. G. F. Palmer (wales uk) - See all my reviews
excellnt product, good quality, works well with my dog, would recommend it to all my friends. maid my life a lot easier walking my pet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 6 Feb. 2012
I love these harnesses. My Staffies really pull when on the lead and its difficult for me to walk them as i'm 7 months pregnant and have a very large bump and little balance but with the harnesses they dont pull at all. It's lovely to be able to take my doggies for long walks again instead of relying on my chap to do it all the time. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 4 Jun. 2010
My cocker spaniel was a pulling maniac, but as soon as we put the harness on him he stopped. Literally that quickly. I have no idea how or why it works, but my arms are no longer in danger of being dislocated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 22 July 2009
Richard J. Clark (London, England) - See all my reviews
Really happy with this product. It does stop your dog from pulling simply by slightly lifting him up as he pulls, which means he cant get any power into his pull. Now I can feel my arms after a long walk! The harness itself is made well and the underarm parts are padded and so dont rub on a long walk. If you have a small dog that pulls I recommend this product its fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars non pulling, 11 May 2010
M. R. Withers "mike6990" (south wales) - See all my reviews
What a difference, trying to walk our boxer was like attempting to control a charging rhino. after a couple of days she is a different dog and walks are now a pleasure not only for us but for her too.definately recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars SK, 13 Oct. 2010
SRK (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Ordered two for my two terriers who tend to pull if they see a cat/squirrel etc in the street. Don't know how it works, must be the stretch canvass/mesh across the chest, but anyhow it works. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC A+, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: COA NON-PULL HARNESS BLACK Small (Misc.)
I have a 10 month old working cocker spaniel cross who is very determined/head-strong. I've had real troubles with lead training as she pulls me and my partner everywhere (even after months of training and puppy classes). I was hesitant about getting a harness as I had heard they don't help and some even encourage the dog to pull more with their entire body, as apposed to using just their neck. Well I tested the harness on a walk the day I got it and WOW! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! As if like magic, she has stopped pulling. Now on day 3 of our lead walks and still no pulling - she is so much calmer and has even started walking leisurely beside me (she hasn't done this since she was a baby and wouldn't leave my side). It's as if she is a different dog. I truly believe she is enjoying her new harness walks just as much as I am. So impressed with this product and would recommend anyone having a tough time with lead training to give this a go :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Walkie heaven!, 28 Feb. 2012
I've used a harness before but it made no difference to my Westie's pulling. I ordered this harness on the basis of the wonderful reviews. Now I can add mine! My westie has always pulled and my shoulders were getting more and more'clicky' through being wrenched this way and that yet the very first time she wore this harness it was as though she'd always walked without pulling! It really is an amazing piece of kit every harrassed owner should try before giving up! Easy to fit and comfortable for my dog, it actually makes her a lot more relaxed. I imagine pulling becomes a habit and the harness breaks this habit and gives the dog relief from the pain of pulling.She stops to enjoy a sniff now! It seems like an over-statement but it really feels like a miracle. Yes, I would say it...miracles do happen! Please give it a try. I'm now ordering one for a neighbour I can see is in need!

COA NON-PULL HARNESS BLACK Small