on 29 June 2012
Having to buy new video editing software with the purchase of a full HD video camera on the recomendation of an "expert" I bought Adobe Premier Elements10. The initial experience was excellent but when it came to more finer editing I was struggling desparately with the help facilities provided by Adobe. A quick trawl of Amazon came up with Adobe Premier Elements "Classroom in a Book" and I never looked back. The book comes with a DVD containing a series of related clips for making a completed video and the book takes one through a series of lessons covering every aspect of editing I would ever require. Time has to be given to go through these lessons but, if like me, you are not up to date with video editing, it was time well spent. My main criticism is the quality of the illustrations. These could be larger and much clearer, but apart from that, I have found the book invaluable and it has enabled me to easily edit videos taken recently to my complete satisfaction.Adobe Premiere Elements 10 Classroom in a Book (Classroom in a Book (Adobe))
on 5 March 2012
I've awarded this book 2 stars as I didn't get all the way through it so I've given it an extra star as a benefit of the doubt. I bought this book after downloading the trial version of Premiere Elements 10, in order to help me learn to use it. I'm an experienced photographer and have been using Photoshop for more than 20 years, and Lightroom more recently, so it felt natural for me to turn to an Adobe product when I started to dabble in video using a GoPro which I fix to the underwater housing for my SLR. Premiere Elements enables you to do a lot more than I initially intend to do, but I figured it would give me the capability to progress. I still think it would, however this book was enough to make me give up, not just on the book but on the software itself as well. I only got as far as chapter 3 but by then I was so frustrated and confused I was about ready to kill myself rather than endure another page. Thus far in the book, I had encountered a number of instances of being told in detail how to do something, only to afterwards be told "but don't do this now". And the whole of chapter 2 was "read only" - ie no actual tutorial exercises. I frequently had to re-read paragraphs to fully understand them, and towards the end I was just scanning the text for anything that looked like it would explain how to get going. I got the impression that while the writer was very familiar with the software, he was writing for the benefit of someone else who was reasonably familiar with it; this book does not read like one aimed at the complete beginner. As a result, I've requested a refund from Amazon and I shall instead be getting a book for iMovie, of which there is much more choice available.
on 7 June 2012
The book that should have been included with the software.

After reading negative reviews I hunted around for other books on the subject, but failed to find any.

I have now worked through 7 of the 13 lessons in this book, and can not see how anyone without extensive video editing experience could do more than scratch the surface of the software without it.

It is not perfect, but there are not as many errors in the book as I was led to believe.

The book is written for both Mac and PC users, but was obviously written on a PC.
There are regular references to the Home and End keys, which I have on my PC but not my Mac. However, it doesn't take much effort to find a way round this.

I would recommend this, or a similar book, to anyone using Premiere Elements for the first time.
on 18 November 2012
I purchased the Kindle edition of this and then discovered that the necessary files to complete the tutorials were on a DVD attached to the back cover of the book! I assumed it must be possible to download the files somewhere but it seems not, so I sadly returned the book to Amazon for a refund.

It's disappointing as there doesn't seem much else available as an e-book for Premiere Elements 10.
on 27 December 2013
Elements are solid tools for beginners and enthusiasts. This book fits that audience (me at the time) perfectly. It covers everything, gives hands on examples, etc.

Right after finishing this book, I put together a little animation/home video for a few friends in 2 days and was quite proud of the final product. This book made the learning curve incredibly fast for me.
on 26 May 2014
Have been trying to come to grips with Premiere Elements 10 for some time. The guide that comes with the software is pretty useless. This book is amazing. Even without loading the teaching DVD I have been able to read the written guide with ease. It has given me new enthusiasim for video editing. Well worth the money.
on 17 March 2013
This book is a must for everyone who has this program, its easy to follow and explains everything in colourful pages, I have produced fantastic results thanks to this book.
on 19 March 2013
As a "thicky" I found this book to be the most supportive in learning orderly disciplines to get the best out off really good software.
on 31 March 2014
kindle version does not supply dvd of tutorials therefore the instructions are useless.
is it possible to receive the dvd seperately?
on 20 November 2013
Bought this for my husband, he is a very keen photographer, he uses it every day, loves it, value for money as well