on 12 August 2012
After looking at projectors for months, I decided to choose a simple to use and reasonably priced projector and chose this model - and I'm glad I did - it's very good.

I bought it mainly to use in the classroom & office presentations; but have used it at home for everything - holiday pictures slide shows,checking out my Powerpoint presentations and watching dvd films & tv comedy - on a screen and on the wall. We (my family) are really impressed - I shan't be using my dvd player in future! When watching film we've had the sound from the laptop, and also through the projector which seems slightly better?(will now get some speakers).

It is easy to use, you simply plug it into the mains & laptop and it's ready to use. You can choose any options you want (ie. sound, size etc) manually on the projector or by using the remote. There are quick step instructions. but it's so simple we didn't use them. There is a central leg to adjust the height, a small grey button, press it to release the leg and adjust, when you want to pack the projector away, press the grey button again to push the retractable foot back.
When you've finished your presentation this projector doesn't need to cool down - another bonus for when I'm using it away from home. It's very compact to transport and more importantly it does just what I wanted it to do - just project whatever I need to present in the classroom/office with the bonus of it being used differently at home - and it will be! I'm very impressed.

JAN 2014 UPDATE: 18 months on and it's performing just as I stated above. I carry it back and forth to work and on average I use the projector 3 days a week.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 June 2012
Bought this model specifically for business presentations to large audiences and am very pleased with it. A nice looking machine that is easy to set up, projects both text and graphics clearly (even in a bright room) and is simple to operate, with all the necessary functions on the remote, allowing full presenter mobility. Haven't used it for home cinema but judging from the picture clarity, I imagine this would also be pretty good. Overall, a very good value buy.
on 27 January 2014
Bought this screen on behalf of my sister's gardening club. Typically 30 to 40 members meet and a screen was already to hand, so this was their next big purchase.

I recommended this projector when I read the picture could be delivered via the USB cable - so no need for a long VGA cable. Also, no problem with Ultra-books and other PCs without a VGA port. This feature work like a charm - just plug in the USB cable to the projector and PC (I tested it on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1). A pseudo CD-ROM drive appears in seconds. If you have Autorun enabled, your permission is sought to run the program and after a total of 30 seconds whatever is on the desktop is projected to the screen / wall by the Epson. If you do not have Autorun enabled, simply manually run the (only) .exe you see for the same result.

On full power, the fan is spinning at full speed and is therefore of medium volume. There is an "Eco" mode which is only a little less bright but still offers a useful projection, with a much quieter fan noise. At this level, you can sit right beside the projector and the noise does not interfere in a normal conversation.

I have withheld one star as the unit came with a VGA cable but not a USB cable - despite USB use being a major feature of the product. Available on Amazon for only £4 for a 3m (10 feet) cable, just search for USB 2.0 A to B Cable and your desired length. I used a 3m cable without a problem.
on 10 March 2013
Even though I bought this machine for a club a few weeks ago, I had bought the same model about a year ago and have found that it was easy to set up, having automatic vertical keystone correction, quick power on and off (so no problem if somehow you lose electric power).
I have not needed to use the 3 in one USB system, but one user in the club was interested in this feature and think it may be handy to project JPEGS, without using always using PowerPoint.
The picture zoom is handy and not always found on cheaper machines, so the picture can fit the screen exactly, without moving the projector. And most important, the picture is bright on the screen, even with some room lighting or daylight. All in all a great machine at a reasonable price, although this is not the cheapest machine, but it does what you require better than some other models. I found the box it was supplied in to be the safest method of transporting and storing the projector even though I had bought a bag for it.
We also bought another Kensington Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer, which we have found over the past year to be ideal for the task. With this gismo you can control the laptop from a distance and have a pointer as well. You can keep out of the way of the audience and set up the laptop behind the projector, which I have found handy in some confined spaces.
Kensington Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer
on 13 June 2013
I spent some time looking for a decent lightweight projector and found this little gem!

Delivered today via next day courier, opened the box worrying it wouldn't be the right one, too noisy, unable to connect to my DVI Apple MacBook Pro as it is an RGA connector, worrying if it would be too big, too heavy...

Yeah... No problem at all!

Out of the box it came and two (yes TWO) minutes later I plugged in my USB Type B (printer style) into the Projector and MacBook and boom! No, it didn't explode... It installed the driver automatically (asked me first though), then almost instantly the projector came to life with a VERY bright, clear, sharp image even in a day lit room.

The only downside to this is there is no left/right keystone adjustment... Only top and bottom?

Overall, this is stunning straight out of the box... I have yet to use it in anger (slide shows, presentation, movies etc...) but I am more than confident this will be a great addition to the business.
on 24 August 2012
I have taken delivery of this projector today. It took approx 15 minutes to unpack and set up. I have to admit I have had a few projectors previous to this one (3). I have to say that out of the 4 in total that I have purchased the 2 epson's have excelled (last Epson was a TW10H).
The technology of this projector may not be up to date (well acually old)but the performace is brill. The picture is bright and the colours are great. I get a 100 inch diaganal picture from 11 ft and very bright, daylight bright.
The last projector I bought was one of those HD all singing all dancing projectors from China, it was pathetic. This is a great projector if you are on a budget like myself. The only thing is I have a small advantage of having a large projector screen. A proper projecter screen helps the picture no end. If I could afford one of the HD projectors of course I would have one, but this projector does the trick. I do not use the speaker on the projector as i have a surround sound system so I will not comment on it's quality.
on 18 April 2013
I have used the projector a few times and it is excellent for projections even in highly lit rooms - a great advantage in many areas.
It is sturdy yet compact and light.
Set up to work off a PC is (almost) automatic.

One slight issue - I eventually found out that one needed an USB cable AND the ordinary (VGA ?) cable connected to have the remote control performing all its functions. The user manuaukl does not make this clear.

Otherwise 5 star.
on 4 March 2013
I've had this projector for just 2 months and love it! I bought it principally to run business presentations but now find myself regularly projecting films, sports and wildlife documentaries on to a blank wall. Set up with my MacBook Pro was remarkably straightforward and image quality, although not HD, is astonishingly good, even in daylight. I'd thoroughly recommend this product for those who don't need the very latest technology. At just shy of £300, this is a snip!
on 11 September 2012
For the price it is very easy to use and the image is sharp and clear. Would recommend it, brilliant buy
on 6 February 2013
I ordered this projector on Sunday and it arrived on Wednesday morning. Fantastic service. Now for the product, I have tried it with a slide show of photos on the lap-top and it performs perfectly. So easy to set up, and it was working in minutes of plugging it in. It is for our Conservation Society for visitors who have photos or pictures to support their talk.

See one answered question