5.0 out of 5 stars Best SkyCaddie to date!
Published on 19 May 2012 by chopperpro

1.0 out of 5 stars Customer service and product is very poor
Published 7 months ago by John McCormack

1.0 out of 5 stars Customer service and product is very poor, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder (Electronics)
i will not use Amazon or GPSWorld or sky caddie again. Be careful as you only get 6 months warranty. My track pad stopped working after 7 months. I was advised it could not be repaired. The only recourse I had was to pay a UK affiliated company 90 for a replacement second hand refurbished one with no guarantee. This seems very poor value for money. Amazon could not assist me. GPSWorld failed to respond to my emails and sky caddie have no responsibility other than to sell you your update packages which is a further waste of money when your sky caddie does not even work. They do not even acknowledge that there is a fundamental design problem with this expensive piece of kit. Instead, a uk company is making money on defective US products because you have no where else to go. I've decided to walk the yards and use my imagination. Don't waste your money on this!

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware latest software updates, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder (Electronics)
Just a word of warning on this. Has been working fine for a long time but the latest updates appear to stop it connecting to update. I am stuck with the same old courses and unable to add new courses. I pay 39 pa (plus 300 for the machine in the first place) for this facility and despite letting skygolf have control of my computer it appears they cannot fix this issue. Very disappointed. Have complained to them but they dont appear to care or respond.

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing product, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder (Electronics)
Whilst it may be accurate, it is too fiddly, and too slow to give the information when needed. It also seems to switch off in the middle of hole and it then takes too long to resume. The wi-if renge is very poor and I have not been able to get a signal at several golf clubs.

I am very dissointed with the product and wish I had gone for something much less expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best SkyCaddie to date!, 19 May 2012
This review is from: SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder (Electronics)
This is my 4th SkyCaddie I have owned in 8 years and it is by far the best they have made. I have always used SkyCaddie because their information is so accurate and has been mapped on foot at the golf course instead of using satellite pictures that are out of date and don't get updated. Some of my friends use other GPS devices and their infomation never seems to be updated.
I have just upgraded from the SGX. I sold my 2 year old SGX on EBay and got just under 200 for it. I removed my membership from my old SkyCaddie in my online account before selling it. When I connected my new SGXw it gave me the option of using the membership i had taken from my SGX. I have done this before so found it very easy but it is quite straight forward really. This put all my details along with my membership from my old SGX onto my new SGXw. I actually benefitted from the free years membership on offer on the SGXw at the moment. Because I already had a membership from my SGX I had to call SkyCaddie to add my free year's membership from the promotion but they just extended my membership by 12 months without a problem. It took a while to get through on the phone but I tried a few time and when I got through they were very helpful.
The SGXw comes out of the box in Basic setup making it easy to use straight out of the box. I had an SGX before which uses a similar setup so I turned on the setting I wanted.

The "w" stands for Wireless or WiFi and means that you can connect it to a WiFi hub either at home or a WiFi zone as long as you know the code. You can even tether it with your smart phone so you can update or download wherever you are, which is a great if you've forgotten to download . The WiFi feature although very usefully and faster than connecting to your computer is not the only feature what makes the SGX so much better than the SGX. SkyCaddie have improved the processor speed and it is so much faster than the SGX. It takes about half the time to turn on and move between pages.
If the course you are playing uses green Zones or pin positions you can use an awesome feature on the SGXw which allows you to get much more accurate yardages. You can add the pin positions before you play and then get a yardage to the pin on the course. If your course uses Zones you can select on the first tee that you are playing zone B today and the SGXw will move the pin location to those zones. I used this the other day and it is great, really simple and instantly gives you yardages to those zones. Range arc's are very handy also to show you what is at the distance you are about to hit into

All in all I would highly recommend the SGXw as I believe it is the best golf yardage device available at the moment.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to retain an customer and make them a loyal one, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder (Electronics)
After a couple of order delays with a particular product the MD Marc made a substantial personal commitment to resolve the issue - I am pleased to say - resolved very professionally and with the customer sentiment in mind ... very competent, would recommend ordering from GPS WORLD

1.0 out of 5 stars You have to keep paying to use it, 14 July 2014
This review is from: SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder (Electronics)
It works; not the easiest menu and can be frustrating but the main functions are ok. The big downside is that you buy the thing (expensive) and then have to keep paying a renewal fee to use it each year! If you don't pay then the device just locks and won't work so it turns out to be hugely expensive to use - much better to get one of the other "purchase price only" makes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied buyer, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder (Electronics)
second one I,ve owned and very happy with this one. My first one only lasted 2yrs so hope this one lasts a bit longer

5.0 out of 5 stars Golf, 12 July 2013
This review is from: SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder (Electronics)
Excellent seller, would highly recommend, communication was great and the product is excellent
You will not beat this seller, they have great products and also keep on touch and advise on progress

5.0 out of 5 stars SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder SkyCaddie, 3 Feb 2013
John Hanley "donhanley" (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder (Electronics)
Will be testing this bit of kit tomorrow Had a little trouble setting up, but down load the updates first then no problems
After using this SkyCaddie for the last 17 months it has gone sick. ( I can only turn it on from the main electric supply and it also locks up and will not switch off to the power charge runs out) I have paid for a refurbished model 90 but it will be 6/8 weeks wait. I have tried every thing with SkyCaddie assistance to make this unit work. I took it to my local electronic shop but no luck, to be told there is design fault. Do not waste your money with this kit. John Hanley N Ireland

SkyCaddie SGXw GPS Golf Rangefinder