5.0 out of 5 stars A joy
Published on 7 Nov 2011 by dire_tribe

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
Published 7 months ago by Nush G

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy, 7 Nov 2011
Just finished reading this - it was the first book to necessitate downloading the Kindle app for my iPhone and buying the ebook version because for some reason the UK shipping for the hard copy was 1-3 months, but worked out well as the audio extras are a fun touch. The essays cover a wide range of Mindy Kaling's thoughts, observations, and insights and is written in a conversational way that makes you feel like you are chatting to a friend. A really funny, interesting, smart friend. Too many highlights to mention, although I will say that the chapter "Guys Need to Do Almost Nothing to Be Great" should be gospel. I guess as Bossypants only came out earlier this year the Tina Fey comparisons will be inevitable. There are a few similarities, the most important being that both books make you laugh and feel happy. Who wouldn't want to have more books like that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 14 Sep 2013
I read this in 2 days and I think it's fair to say that it's been a long time since I've laughed this hard at a book. Mindy is adorable, honest, hilarious and a great storyteller and role model to boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO FUNNY, 12 Sep 2013
Laugh out loud comedy - If you love The Mindy Project then you will love this! Can't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!!, 23 Aug 2013
So funny! I've been the crazy lady laughing alone on the tube! I'll be passing this on to people I really like when I'm done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 May 2013
A laugh out loud feel good book which makes me feel at ease, knowing that there are other slightly odd people out there which share the same weird thoughts as me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 14 Feb 2014
Love Mindy from the Project. This is interesting. I little delve into the world of show writers. She very much sounds like Mindy Lahari so I read it in that tone. Although I enjoyed it, it was an easy read and I finished it, I think it was a little thin. Then again, this wasn't meant to be much more. Its a good taster though. A collection of fleeting thoughts and I found it readable and entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read!, 9 Aug 2013
Very funny and relatable. Make you love her even more! A must read for all women, will make you feel like there's someone else out there. Didn't stop laughing and couldn't put it down!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Mindy, 11 Jun 2013
I will start by saying,I love Mindy Kaling. I find her so funny yet very truthful. I'm a big fan of The Mindy Project and I could not put this book down. It is well worth a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just...Mindy!, 13 May 2013
Ms. A. S. Nielson "ASNielson" (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
I don't feel like I have to use any other word besides, Mindy. She's fantastic. I challenge anyone to not like her & enjoy this book. Laugh out loud good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 12 May 2013
Kaling's book is easy to dip in and out of and is very readable. It's funny, engaging and has a personal touch. Recommended