4.0 out of 5 stars Super shiny hair, however...
My boyfriend got this hair dryer for me for Christmas and I absolutely love it. It is not too heavy, my hair is super shiny and soft. The cord is very long. I would give it 5 stars, but I have a big problem with it. And that's the nozzles.

Published on 30 Dec 2011 by pbelo

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Product
After reading countless online reviews, and liking the effect this dryer had on my hair at the hairdressers, I decided to take the plunge!
Published 21 months ago by J

4.0 out of 5 stars Super shiny hair, however..., 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)

When the hairdryer is cold, it is very hard to turn the nozzles around. Which is good and it should be like that. But when I blow dry my hair, the hair dryer gets hot and the nozzles turn around. It is very annoying!! Everytime I put the dryer down to brush my hair through, the bloody nozzle turns around. So I always have to correct it into the right direction.

Considering the dryer cost 90, I would assume not to have that problem with it. Shame :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't even need a new hairdryer., 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
I wasn't looking for a new hairdryer. I never gave the quality of hairdryers a second thought. Then my gym put the GHD Airs in the changing rooms.
I couldn't quite work out what was happening to start with. I didn't even notice they were new. In my usual rush at lunchtime, I would blast my hair to get the worst of the dampness off, then head back to work. Never spent more than five minutes. And my hair would still be wet.
Suddenly, my hair was practically dry. And felt oddly soft and smooth. This is not normal.
I wondered if they'd changed the shampoo in the showers. But it still smelt the same and was still pretty rubbish to be fair.
Then I noticed that the hairdryers were new. I realised that when I used the GHD Airs, my hair would be almost dry in five minutes, but when I used one of the other dryers, it was still pretty wet.
Then a quick google revealed that the GHD Air uses some kind of magic (or maybe science) to dry the hair twice as fast.
So then I had to buy one.
And now, I can dry my hair twice as fast at home too! It's rather odd for me to have smooth, soft dry hair when I leave the house. OK, so it then gets jammed under a cycle helmet, but it's good to know that I COULD look vaguely presentable if necessary.
So, believe the hype. It does actually do what it says it will. I just feel sorry for my old hairdryer. It hadn't done anything wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Product, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
My hair is fine, long and straight, and in pretty good condition. It's not `thin'; it's fine but there's a lot of it. I think this is important for the person reading this review, to gauge how relevant it is to you. My previous hairdryer is a high street brand named after a hairdresser, and is 1850W.

Pros: You won't overheat using it; my previous hairdryer was quite hot, which would make me burn up in the 10 minutes it took to dry my hair. It does leave hair feeling softer, especially the ends, and it seems to hold style for longer too. The thin nozzles allow a smooth finish, and in my experience don't budge at all (if anything it's very difficult to move them!) Overall the dryer is relatively easy to use and achieves good results.

Cons: It is heavy. Again, fine for the salon as it's easier to dry someone else's hair, but it does cause a bit of arm ache after a while! It actually takes me longer to dry my hair with this than with my old dryer, but I suspect that's because my old one used hotter air, and so was probably causing more damage. The small difference in wattage makes it difficult to decide if this is because of a difference in power/heat or not. It can be hard to use the dyer to rough-dry, as it causes knots much easier and more frequently than my old dryer. It does have a tendency to actually cause my hair to become more static than my other dryer, but please remember I have fine hair, so this may not be an issue for your hair type.

Overall conclusion: This hairdryer is good. I think the excellent reviews found elsewhere online represent those of people who previously had pretty low quality hairdryers to begin with. So this review is comparing an 1850W against a 2100W; not a huge difference. This dryer is obviously fantastic for use in salons, as it is less noisy and hot than others. However this doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the best dryer for you at home. My favourite thing about the dryer is the smooth results, and that it isn't too hot to use for extended periods.

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how, but it IS different, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
Those that have used a bog standard hairdryer from your local boots or catalogue will probably find the most difference. Being an ex hairdresser, I've always bought the salon standard ones that blow your head off and wake the rest of the house.

So, whats the difference? Like many on here, I was hesitant, especially when my hairdryer done the job fast enough. But you that bit on the back of a hairdryer that sucks your hair up when you are half drunk doing your hair on a Saturday night? Yeah, well that bit broke leaving me open to a potential bald patch. So I thought I'd give the GHD Air a go.

Now I'm a GHD straighteners convert. Granted I'm not a huge fan of the slim more common stylers, I go with the thick plated GHDs. Could the Air convert me?

The hairdryer arrived in a lovely box - 10/10 for presentation!

And so I compared salon Hairdryer to the Air, and switched them both on. Yep, the Air was quieter, but it didnt seem as hot? Surely thats whats needed the most?

So off I went to wash my horrifically overprocessed hair (I'm not even joking, my fringe tips have literally died. being a ex hairdresser I sometimes push the boundaries :/ )

I dried it with the Air. Puzzled - it really was a little quicker than the salon drier.How was that, if it didnt feel as hot?

But the biggest, most noticiable point?

My hair felt amazing. How can a drier do it? i dont know, but even my husband and a colleague commented on how shiny my hair was after using it. The feeling of my hair was undeniable, it felt way better than when I use the salon drier.

So, is it worth the money?

From my point of view I pay about 30 for a salon drier. I paid 80 for this so that is a steep leap.
Perhaps a lil less and I think people would be more likey to go for it - but the current RRP is putting potential buyers off, I know that from friends comments.

For those who use a cheap 15 hairdryer - it'll blow your mind. Seriously.

I'm really happy with it and reluctant to use another brand. Not only that, but theres not the huge vent at the back of the dryer so my hair is safe. I've recommended to my hairdresser.

5.0 out of 5 stars ghd, 24 May 2013
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
a good purchase, it was for my daughter she loves it no hair straightner needed with it.would recomend it to a friend

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 April 2013
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
Arrived really fast. I've always had really good hairdryers but this is indeed the most powerful hair dryer. It is amazing. Thinking off buying a second one just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves it, 19 May 2014
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
The first Xmas present that I have not heard any complaints about from my wife , must be very good .

5.0 out of 5 stars Both are delighted with their purchases and I would be delighted to ..., 23 July 2014
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
I bought the GHD for my wife on the recommendation of my daughter who has had that model of hairdryer for several months. Both are delighted with their purchases and I would be delighted to have some hair to test it myself. Well built, robust and well balanced (that's the GHD not me!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars best hairdryer ever - does not disappoint, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
Being a huge GHD fan I couldn't wait to get my hands on the hairdryer, however for the price I was concerned about another review I read where the nozzle wouldn't stay on so after months of delaying I got my boyfriend to by it for my birthday instead! oh how I wish I hadn't waited and missed out on months of using this amazing dryer. I'm a huge ghd fan and this hairdryer does not disappoint! it really does dry your hair fast, be careful - the hot setting can get really hot but there are other settings. hair feels amazing once dry - I still straighten mine (with my ghds) after drying it as it's really frizzy and I'd rather do that than spend more time with brush whilst blow drying but the smoothness and silkiness of my hair after this combo is absolutely amazing (and the nozzle has behaved perfectly!)

5.0 out of 5 stars I have quite a lot of fine hair so I always like to try and achieve ..., 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: ghd Air Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
I have went through quite a few salon brand hairdryers over the years and have not really been impressed by them diffusers melting, hair still frizzy after drying so I thought I would treat myself and try the GHD Dryer. I have quite a lot of fine hair so I always like to try and achieve volume and bounce when drying my hair. I can honesty say that after spraying my hair with a volume protection spray and taking my time to section my hair this dryer really gave my hair amazing volume and shine. Didn't even have to use my straightners after. It is a bit pricey but well worth the money just like the GHD straightners.

ghd Air Hair Dryer