5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic novel by this talented author
Shelly Crane amazes me! Honestly, as an author she definitely knows how to hit the right spots and writes another fantastic novel. Her other series Significance I thought, was completely unique but Devour seriously smashes Significance out of the water for its uniqueness.

Published on 24 Jan 2012 by Book Passion for Life

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read.
I purchased this becasue I've read another series written by this author and wanted to explore. It was an easy read, with good concepts that kept me interested. I didn't enjoy it as much as I am the other series, but it's still good. If you want something quick and easy to keep you going then buy this.
Published 22 months ago by Readfreak

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic novel by this talented author, 24 Jan 2012
Book Passion for Life (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Devour (The Devoured Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

Devour follows the life of Clara, a young girl who is living with a foster home after her parents are murdered. Clara attends the local high school where she sits with the popular crowd and has a popular boyfriend, who is a star wrestler and even though Clara is surrounded by people, she's not really happy and mostly she feels alone. When new boy Eli starts her school, she feels an undeniable attraction to him and suddenly she's thrown into Eli's world.....one that is very dangerous and Clara seems to be right in the middle of it.

If you didn't already guess, I loved this book. There is actually nothing to dislike about it because it's pure awesomeness and the story line is thrilling, loving and fresh and once again UNIQUE! I've never read anything like it. I don't want to tell you too much about the story because I don't want to ruin the surprise but the mystery surrounding Eli and what he really is, really leaves you guessing. I even got to one point of the book and thought "What the hell is he?" but I was completely blown away when I found out and it truly makes me think "why hasn't this book been picked up by a publisher?" It is seriously awesome.

One of the key points of this book were the characters and I adored all of them. Even the bad guys, there's just something about them that you like. Clara and Eli, were a fantastic couple and even with all their obstacles they overcome so much. They are bound to one other that is really touching and loving and it that makes it slightly magical. It was a real joy to read about and I want more. Now Enoch; Eli's brother, really reminded me of Damon from The Vampire Diaries with his snarky comments and bad boy attitude. I really enjoyed him as a character and I can not wait to see more from him.

Overall, Shelly Crane has blown me away yet again and I can not wait to dive in another one of her books. Devour is a must read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read., 19 Nov 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty amazing, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Devour (The Devoured Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Reading Devour was like delving into a whole new world, it had all the right kind of romance, interest and ideas. I loved it, but I didn't. Towards the end it got a little bit less interesting and... but still a really amazing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: Devour (The Devoured Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Love this Author and her books are amazing - got me hooked. Highly recommended and waiting for more. Could not put it down

5.0 out of 5 stars L duke, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Devour (The Devoured Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Very good book I love that the story was about demons I've never read about can't wait to read book two

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazballs!!!, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Devour (The Devoured Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely love this book it's amazing! A great read and leaves you begging for more. I would love my own personal Eli drama included another well written story by Shelly Crane! :-) I will definitely be buying the next book

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Devour (The Devoured Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Good read but not great. Have not read the second book cause I did not feel the urge to carry on reading like I do with other books I get engrossed in .

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 12 Oct 2012
This review is from: Devour: 1 (Paperback)
Devour is absolutely amazing and unique book! Author tried to avoid most of those YA-paranormal clichés which accompany this genre these days and created one original story and I absolutely and totally loved it. Story was fast-paced and author never wasted time with over-describing things so I really enjoyed it. Even though there were times when style of writing seemed to be a little bit simple, story was so good that I did not mind at all and I was completely smitten with this book.

At the beginning, Eli, the new guy, was very mysterious. I could see that he was different and strange sometimes but I had no idea why or if he was a good or a bad guy. And when the supernatural stuff was revealed? OMG, I definitely did not expect something like that. It was such a fascinating thing to read about. Kudos to author for this unique idea.

And now to Clare. As a main heroine and narrator, I had hard time to like her at the beginning. She wasn't annoying or something like that. She just played the role and was a person that other poeple excpected her to be. She was not happy about such a life but had no intentions to change it at the beginning. She associated with terrible people (bullies and aggressors) and I just could not like her for that. BUT, as the story progressed, she changed and really grew on me. So overall, I have to admit that she was a likeable character and I respected her by the end of the book.

Devour is awesome book and I would recommend it to all lovers of paranormal stories!

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought it, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: Devour (The Devoured Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A great book that i loved! You lrean what you need to know at a nice pace. Not a pace that would bore you to death, or a breakneck speed, so you understand and appreciate the plot and how things develop. This book has action, romance and what you need to read a great book. Like the title of my review says, i'm so glad i bought it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just like 'Significance'!, 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: Devour (The Devoured Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
If you liked Shelly Crane's other series, 'Significance', you will also like this. My only slight criticism is that it gets a bit lovey-dovey fluffy towards the end, but it is still a really good read.......and it's cheap!

Devour (The Devoured Series Book 1)