5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Album
If you've heard their previous albums you'll pretty much know what to expect and The Peatbogs deliver in a big way! There is much that is familiar here; in that we have the bagpipes, fiddles and whistles to a driving up tempo beat, first rate musicianship and "tunesmithery" and... brass!
Published on 5 May 2005 by Mr. Martin Hardy

1.0 out of 5 stars The Great Ceildh Swindle Indeed!
Wow give me my money back!! This was awful. I know I am going against the other two reviews but this is no easy listen. I was expecting some up beat Celtic music but instead you get a mish mash of Celtic / Northern Soul (anyone else remember that!) and weird Enya type stuff. This is not worth the effort or the £'s. Best stick to Shooglenifty or even better get yourself...
Published on 8 Aug. 2007 by Mr. J. Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Album, 5 May 2005
Mr. Martin Hardy "martinhardy2" (Darlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Croftwork (Audio CD)
Yes, this is the new magic ingredient and it does lift the album to heights as yet unreached by our chums from the Isles. At times the album is almost "jazzy". The Brass section is used on several tracks whether the musicians are "hired guns" or "friends with a horn" is unclear from the sleeve notes but they play up a storm and after the shock of the new expanded voice of the band you'll hardly believe they've never used them before!
Do I like this album? - Oh yes!
Is it their best to date? - I think I perhaps prefer "Faerie Stories" but it's a shoe in for second best!
For those of you who have never tried a Peatbog Faeries album, their music is almost impossible to describe "joyous" and
"life-affirming" come close. In terms of who they sound like, well if you like Shooglenifty they are a more lively version of them. A scottish version of the Afro Celt Sound System perhaps.
Look just buy the album - you'll thank me for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Way out there - but great, 12 July 2006
A. J. Golding - See all my reviews
This review is from: Croftwork (Audio CD)
I've only just discovered the Peatbog Faeries, but if you think you don't like Scottish folk music, or even if you think you don't like dance - you'll love this exhilarating mix of break beats, dub and totally authentic Scottish roots for a new generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome but not traditional!, 25 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Croftwork (Audio CD)
I think this album is awesome but I first heard the Peatbog Faeries in Scotland and knew what I was buying into. This music is in a genre of its own. Some of it - such as 'When the Seadog Left Me' I find achingly beautiful and play it over and over because to hum along is difficult; the tune doesn't go exactly where you think it will in the nature of some Celtic music and I find that intriguing. Other tracks I find fascinating and challenging to listen to. One thing for certain: Croftwork isn't music I would sit and relax to and allow it to flow over and around me, not really taking it in. I love it!

This isn't trad Celtic music and if that's what you're expecting then, like one reviewer, you may be disappointed. I say maybe because there is a Celtic lilt to the Peatbogs' music and there is so much more, too, which you might enjoy.

I have all Enya's albums and I don't think the Peatbog Faeries bears much resemblance to Enya's music. I find Peatbog Faeries' music sharper, more demanding, at times fiendishly exciting and foot-twitching. It's music with attitude! It makes me sit up an listen. Not for everyone but I, for one, am hooked :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Brilliant Album - Croftwork by the Peatbog Faeries, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Croftwork (Audio CD)
The Peatbog Faeries are an absolutely incredible band - When I first heard them, I was blown away. The rhythm, sound & just the jazzed up togetherness, of it all is just sensational.
They are like a combination of funk rock/ jazz and folk, plus the "big sound", all done at a really brilliant syncopated rhythm and beat ..... and wait for it ..... the lead is a really brilliant "Bagpipe" player.

Wow, this is an album NOT to be missed 1

Peatbog Fairies - Listen to then, they are absolutely great

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it its fabby!, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Croftwork (MP3 Download)
Not my first cd from these guys, but one of my faves love the usual mix of dance and folk but mixed in with other style this time. As I listen more i keep finding new listen tweaks that I like. Keep it up fellas

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant., 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Croftwork (Audio CD)
Musical brilliance! Well packaged and swift delivery. If you love a bit of bagpipes and fiddle with a modern twist then buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars first peatbog album, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Croftwork (Audio CD)
Excellent album recommend this to anyone who enjoys celtic folk music
Heard a track on the radio 2 folk show

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Modern Celtic Group, 19 April 2015
This review is from: Croftwork (Audio CD)
Forget about Red Hot Chilli Pipers and the Dangleberies; this Celtic music group from the Isle of Skye embraces modern music with excellent sounds from the keyboard player with a magnificent increase in production volume from the bass guitarist and drummer. Saw this group in Dumfries (Big Burns Supper) then bought 5 of their cds; all sound different.. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all things Peatbog, 8 Jan. 2013
Andrew Millar "Skyeman69" (Carterton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Croftwork (MP3 Download)
First listened to this on tape years ago and it just gets better with age.

I downloaded this along with all the other albums and love it.

The mix of electronics and instruments and sound effects is mesmerising and when driving long distances I love nothing better than putting on my Fairies Playlist and humming along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music!, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Croftwork (Audio CD)
I think this is still one of the best CDs from the Peatbog Faeries. Excellent music and is played frequently at home as well as in the car.

Croftwork