Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 5 October 2013
Having been a long time follower of Uriah Heep, I just had to read this book, which was a lovely insight of the band from humble beginnings, and their turbulent journey over many decades, replacing members along the way. I did get a bit confused as to who was telling the story on occasions, but over all I enjoyed reading this book whilst on my 2 week holiday lying on a sunny beach in Majorca. It was funny and light hearted yet you get a sense of the usual tension amongst bandmembers. One fact shines through is that Mick Box is highly thought of by all who meet him, and his determination to keep Uriah Heep going must be admired. Loved it...
on 15 August 2012
If your a Uriah Heep fan or into rock music this is the book for you !! It is a comprehensive history of the band and goes into great detail !! Well worth a read !!
on 7 December 2013
I make no secret of the fact that I have liked UH for the last thirty years. There a time when they had a resurgence in the 80s with the abominog album. Along with Bob Diasley's for facts sake it gives an insight into the period. What they were aiming for with the albums. Why Equator died the death. Why when Pete Golby left the band he never recorded again.
Also it starts at the beginning. It tells of those wonderful times when the band was first beginning to go out on the road. It is written in a conversation style with the band telling how stuff happened. For this reason it makes it easy to read and it feels like you are on the road, or in the studio with the band.
Unlike some other rock and roll books this one is superb from start to finish. I cannot recommend it enough. Also I have bought the kindly edition I can tell you that the photos of the band are in there as well. There is a great attention to detail.
Recommended.
on 21 May 2016
A very good overview of the Heep's career from the early days up to the early noughties. The added extra chapter ,which focuses on the demise of David Byron, is particularly poignant. Ling captures the band at its height yet reminds us that stardom comes with a heavy price tag. My only criticism is that the quality of writing is poor in parts with mistakes littered throughout. Give it a try though.....