1,479 Reviews
 (1,095)

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for purpose
The Powergen Dual port car charger fits into your car cigarette lighter socket and enables you to charge your electronic devices whilst on the go.

Published on 20 Nov. 2012 by KM

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful
Tried three different leads and none of them worked on my iPhone, tried another lead my father had and that didn't work either, useless product that I ended up putting in bin :-(
Published on 7 Mar. 2013 by Sabrina Carroll

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for purpose, 20 Nov. 2012
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: PowerGen Power-U Dual USB 2.4A 12W (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5 iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch and Android Devices (cable NOT included) - White (Wireless Phone Accessory)

There are two ports available marked up as S and A. The A port is specifically for Apple products such as ipad/pod and iphones. The port marked S is designated for all other compatible devices. The only device mentioned in the leaflet provided that cannot be charged is the Asus Transformer. There is no cable supplied with this charger so you must use the one supplied with your electronic device.

The charger fits nicely into the charging socket and feels solid enough with a good build quality and doesn't stick out too much in my opinion. When active there is a blue light emitted from the charger ports so you can see it's active. Delivering 2 Amps this is ideal for the quick charging of your power hungry devices such as ipad, Kindle Fire and tablet devices.
The devices I tried it on were-

Kindle touch-Worked on both ports.
Kindle Fire- Worked on both ports.
Apple ipad- Only in the A port.
HTC Desire HD- In S port
Sansa Clip mp3 player- In S port.

After using this for a few weeks I've found that the charger performed well using the devices mentioned and they were charged quickly enough even when two were charging simultaneously. Obviously when charging two devices they may take longer to fully charge than when being charged alone. There is a slightly more powerful and more robustly built version available in which you can also access the fuse PowerGen Dual USB 3.1A 15w Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPhone 4s 4 3 3Gs, HTC Samsung Motorola Phones and Amazon Kindle Fire DX KeyBoard, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Google Nexus 7 (USB Cable NOT included) - white

A good little charger, no complaints.

I was supplied this for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in class., 8 Sept. 2014
This is the best in car adapter I've used and I've tried about ten, the problem I've found with previous adapters is they don't generate enough power if you are using your phone, I.e when in the car I stream music via Bluetooth to my stereo and also use Google maps for navigation, previous adapters would not charge my phone whilst I was doing this. But not with this beast you can use as many apps, and Bluetooth or anything else you want and this baby will generate enough power to charge your phone whilst doing it. Fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Product review, 13 Jun. 2012
Alex Charles (Port Talbot, Wales) - See all my reviews
I have been using car chargers for a long time now but this one is by far the best one which I've come across.

Most chargers are specific to one type of device e.g. android / apple and can't change between them let alone charge both at the same time.

I can charge my android smartphone and a colleagues iPad when I'm in the car at the same time! Couldn't be happier.

I drive a vauxhall astra and the fit isn't lock tight but it's rigid enough and no natter which way I put the adapter in charging is never stopped / interrupted.

The only thing I could say negatively about the product is that it doesn't come with cables to plug your device into. This isn't an issue as you can simply use the usb cable that your device comes with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Powerful USB Car Charger, 16 Feb. 2015
Tested:
- Black
- White

This is certainly a very powerful USB car charger and as far as I'm aware it's the most powerful that you can get in terms of power. There is 33W / 7.2A pumped out across the 3 USB ports and this will be more than enough to satisfy the thirstiest of tablets.

Sent for review the unit itself comes in a tiny box with some instructions and these tell you that the charge will charge a significant amount of different small to medium sized devices along with a quick reminder of the basic specifications.

The unit is 38g in weight, slightly bigger than thumb sized and has a built in recognition system that matches it's charging output with whats been plugged in and adjusting accordingly. This is a clever system because if it did undercharge your device it would cause long term battery deterioration whilst overcharging it is more likely to cause overheating.

It's a well built, solid plastic unit with plenty of shine and good solid connection points at each side. It slotted in easily into my car cigarette port and the charging that it produced was with the best that I have seen.

I find it's always best to go for a 3 port with as much power as possible because they don't break the bank and you never know when you need them. I was caught out when I drove my work colleagues to a business meeting and on the way back I only had a much less powerful 2 USB car charger that could only charge 2 devices out of about 5-6 devices that were nearly empty. These are also ideal for large family everyday use and for going on holidays, day trips etc.

Verdict: Extremely Powerful USB Car Charger.

Feedback: If you wish to provide feedback on this review please follow the link below - thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Charge and go...twice..., 3 Jan. 2013
You'd think it would be a simple thing - finding an adaptor to charge your iPhone and iPad in the car - but we've had quite a few different types and they've either broken within minutes or offer so-so performance. Thankfully this PowerGen one has made the job simple - it just works and it's the fastest charger we've tried for the iPhone and iPad, it really does make a difference compared to standard adaptors. It's worked with all the other (lower drain) items we've tried it with to, but it's the speed of charging Apple devices that's the killer feature for us. Charging does slow down noticeably with two devices plugged in but it's perfectly usable still.

It's a sleek looking, well-made gizmo and the blue LEDs add to the look without being distractingly bright in a vehicle at night. It would be nice if the 'A' and 'O' ports were more clearly labelled, so you don't feel you need to pull it out of the socket to check which is which, but you soon get used to it. I wasn't sure at first but actually now prefer this style with just USB sockets, rather than the cable adaptors we had before, which kept breaking. You'll probably have your device USB cable with you anyway so it's not a problem. We've had no problems at all keeping the adaptor plugged into the car sockets, so it must just depend on your car. It just solves a problem in a simple speedy way. Job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Piece of Kit, 19 July 2012
Having purchased 2 other iPad3 12 v chargers for my new iPad only to find that neither product worked! The iPad displayed the message "not charging" . I then had the frustration of having to go through the process of returning the none performing products for a refund. So it was such a relief to receive this great bit of kit that did exactly what it says on the tin, it charges an iPad 3 !! Not only does it charge my iPad, but as it has 2USB ports my wife's iPad can be charged at the same time from one 12 v source (although the enclosed instructions state that port 1 is NOT designed for Apple products!). I can highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 27 Feb. 2013
The changer arrived quickly and worked when I tried it. We have a number of devices though so far I have only attempted to use it for an android phone in the "S" socket which has charged well.

I used this charger plugged into the dash and also via a "splitter" so that two devices could be plugged into the lighter-socket at the same time. In both cases the phone charged quickly.

I have found a spare usb lead for the android phone and apple lead for an iPhone (not yet tried) since no cables are provided.

(I bought a car charger previously that failed on the 2nd try so this is already a winner!)

Happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 15 Feb. 2013
Upgraded to an iphone5 and needed a new car charger. Although it doesn't come with a cable, it looks nice, does the job and allows 2 Usb's to be charged at the same time. I looked at loads of reviews when buying this product but could have just bought this straight away as there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it does on the tin, 5 Aug. 2013
Works perfectly fine, nice led light for in the dark, also the a port also works as normal for non-Apple products including my android phone and tablet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 7 Mar. 2013