5.0 out of 5 stars bought item to extend my modem to smart tv in other room.
works perfectly, provided connection to wall socket is made correctly. Plug must go directly into socket. Will not function if connected via adaptor or multiplug.
Published 12 months ago by E.R.Barton

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Hardware, Ridiculous Software
Bought these to replace a previous model, which only lasted 18 months before starting to drop packets.

They seem pickier about which socket you use, had to move them away from the computer desk with it's sundry power supplies to get a reliable connection. They also seem to get quite warm in use, probably as a result of the small casing.

Downloaded...
Published 8 months ago by Marine Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars bought item to extend my modem to smart tv in other room., 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: NETGEAR XAVB2101-100UKS AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Netgear AV200, 28 Jun. 2014
Just got these in addition to some Netgear Mini's I already had for some months. Plugged in and within seconds a whole bunch of green lights. All pretty straightforward. They auto-switch to standby for power saving by the look of it too. Have worked in any socket in the house I care to plug them into and also in the garage at the bottom of the garden. So far, so good, so recommended. Oh yeah, two of them are plugged into extension leads and they still work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked First Time, 27 July 2013
I had previously bought two Netgear mini adapters, but found that I needed another connection, and went for nano ones. I thought I would have to buy a further two nanos but they work ok with the minis. Great! I have used the Netgear brand in the past, and find it easy to use and reliable.

Update:
I have to buy some more, as the minis have stopped being compatible. Oh those horrible red lights!

5.0 out of 5 stars Internet throughout the house, 1 July 2014
Very happy with this product. I used the powerline adapters coupled with a wireless repeater, which when configured for wireless AP mode then gave me 50mbps upstairs and now my SKY+HD and entire home entertainment system connects to it perfectly without extra cables and clutter. Very happy with this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing difference!, 10 Aug. 2012
Bought these after reading various reviews saying they improved internet speeds that'd otherwise be wireless. In my case it was bought to turn my Xbox wired. The difference was staggering in online games, not had one disconnection or problem since I plugged the adapters in. That's all I did, plug them in, wait for three green lights and away you go. Might want to bear in mind when buying these that you have an electrical socket that's free, close to whatever you're wanting to connect them to. I'd recommend these to anybody!

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple to use, 28 Nov. 2012
I had previously tried a wireless extender which I couldn't get to work with my system (using a Virgin Media Superhub). I therefore thought I would give this a try and it worked first time giving me internet access on my television for the first time. I had been worried about making this purchase because I (mistakenly) thought I would have to use the Superhub in modem mode and therefore not have wireless access for my laptop and phone. I needn't have worried - they both work as previously,

3.0 out of 5 stars OK Hardware, Ridiculous Software, 16 July 2014

Downloaded the Mac version of Netgear's own Setup Utility...but no devices seen. A quick search found Netgear's own KnowledgeBase article, basically we know the Mac software doesn't find the devices, because we haven't created a Mac driver!! Genius or what?

Downloaded the PC version to a laptop, and wish I hadn't bothered. Unlike earlier versions, which allowed you to prioritise certain traffic/IP addresses, nothing, apart from setting a password.

5.0 out of 5 stars far far better than boosting wireless, 31 Aug. 2014
An absolute gem of a product, put one into wall by router and the other plugged into an external building 25m away, signal passed through 2 rcd boxes and at end still provided over 75mb of my 120mb connection with no obvious ping loss.
So so easy to set up and secure and I would say as little as under 2 minutes total set up time (including opening the box)
Will be buying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy plug and play., 4 Dec. 2014
Ian Spencer (Solihull) - See all my reviews
We have a large brick block in the centre of our house which happens to be where I have all the cabling for broadband and phone so have used these to create a link to a second wi-fi base station. Get about 120Mbps which is more than good enough for sharing the 152Mbps Virgin broadband (we have lots of devices so as long as we use the two different base stations, we don't see any real limits). It also lets me link the TV and Tivo box to the Internet hard-wired via a switch box.

We actually have two broadband links and we have three connected together as one network and two connected as a second network and the two systems seem content to co-habit. I actually have 3 versions of Powerline from Netgear (old XAV101, this and an AV500) and they play nicely together.

Very easy to use, plug and use. One or two sockets in the house seemed to be not as good as others. The Netgear software reluctant to spot the devices on the network though this is not a major issue as you don't need to fiddle and the lights are a reasonable reflection of activity and performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, 31 Mar. 2014
Nice and compact device that worked out of the box,only took a few minutes and they worked as you would expect them to with no drama