4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable light reading
When I downloaded this to my kindle, I wasn't sure whether the grammatical errors mentioned in previous reviews would ruin it for me .. but I can only assume that it has been re-edited since those reviews, as there were (thankfully) very few errors.
Published on 10 Feb. 2012 by Tigger

3.0 out of 5 stars DOUBLE DARE
Lou decides on her wedding day to cut and run leaving a jilted bridegroom, while relishing her freedom she comes across Double Dare, an agency offering adventures of a lifetime, and decides this is the time for her to take on new challenges. Lou meets Sam who is the guide and so begins a romance.
A light and easy read but a very middle of the road story.
Published on 14 Feb. 2012 by Amanda

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable light reading, 10 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
As for the story itself .. it's well written, the characters were very likeable, & the story moved along at a nice pace. Double Dare is an enjoyable short story, which kept my interest right to the last page.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's been done many a time before, but not with such fun, humour, warmth, 'yes!' arm-pump moments and this kind of HEA, 3 Feb. 2012
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
As you may guess from the title of this review, I loved this tale. It did initially make me think 'seen that, read that', but what I hadn't counted on was the warmth that the author infused into this tale.

Lou is not your typical daughter-of-an-empire-builder: she's sweet, she's guileless, without airs or graces, generous, open and innocent - in every way, as Sam eventually discovers. I loved her lists of things to do, both her very personal one, which she inadvertently handed to Sam, and her 'things I must do on my adventure' list, and how she went about ticking things off, with Sam as her partner in crime.

And Sam, her adventure guide, was a great male lead: sweet and open, with none of the aloofness or hard edges or issues that so many guys seem to have with commitment and HEAs. I loved that the author showed us his dreams of Lou as his wife, and having children with her.

I also loved how the author kept this believable, despite it having several teensy-bit cliche'd moments, and how there wasn't any major drama to get over before Lou and Sam could be together. Yes, her rich daddy was a pain, but not a nasty one, and all was well that ended well.

This was a really funny, feel-good, sexy little tale that I am so glad I picked up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Double dare, 18 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
I have to say I love a good romance and this one was brilliant!

Lou seems sweet and innocent but she has a plan to do all the things that's shes missed in life and Sam was definitely the perfect choice.
Sam feels down on his luck until a sweet looking beautiful woman walks into his office looking for adventure then all hell breaks loose.

My family were all watching TV and I suddenly started snorting with laughter and had tears in my eyes, one of the thing Lou wanted to do was "give a cop the middle finger!!" Oh my so funny, you just have to read it.

This book had a great story line and was written by someone with a great sense of humor.

I definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Double Dare, 24 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book. a great easy read. Would have been a great read for side of the pool. will recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars DOUBLE DARE, 14 Feb. 2012
Amanda "sac" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
A light and easy read but a very middle of the road story.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good quick read, 15 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book as a short story. Quick, simple and fun to read. The characters were likeable and I'd look forward to reading more by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed it!, 14 Oct. 2012
Cianta (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this short story. Runaway heiress bride Lou flees her reluctant wedding and lands at the doorstep of Sam's travel company which offers "the time of your life" experiences. She persuades Sam to escort her on her own, instant time of her life trip.

I wasn't sure I was going to like Lou but, as her story began to unfold, I warmed to her. I liked Sam straight away - he was honest and had principles - although he broke his own rules! I felt I knew Lou's story but would have liked to have learnt more about Sam's background.

Just as I thought my version was typo-free, they appeared! Quite a few, but not quite enough to spoil the story for me, and I was really happy with the ending.

This was a very enjoyable free download and I would definitely read more from this author.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bland, 10 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
As the title says, this book is bland... well at least the 4% i read was. Needs editing, lacking in punctuation and grammar. Mostly, the main character seems selfish, bratty and dull and so i could not connect with her or care what happened. There's not much else to say since not much actually happened at this point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Undemanding, light-hearted read, 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
If you would like a light-hearted, undemanding and quick read - this book is for you!

The story is cute and funny, basically a good way to spend an hour and relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Double Dare by Rhonda Nelson, 7 July 2012
This review is from: Double Dare (Kindle Edition)
Lovely Easy Book to Read, I thoroughly enjoyed it couldn't put it down.

This was one of the first FREE books I got when I got my Kindle. I hadn't read any of the reviews!! if I had I wouldn't have got it, not because it sounded dull but because some of the reviews give the whole story away, what's the point. Have you never been looking forward to a Movie or something on TV and then someone goes and tells you the full storyline and ending.

Ok there were a few grammatical errors but so what it can still be understood.

DON'T SAY ANYTHING JUST READ THIS:- It Is Called " The Amazing Human Mind"

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg.The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Please don't say what the book is all about just say whether you enjoyed it or not!!!

Double Dare