Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.49

on 19 November 2011
I have stuck with these books despite the fact that I am definately the wrong side of the teen market, as I really wanted to find out where this story was heading.

These books have definately improved as the story has moved on, and despite the typing errors and the spelling mistakes that are littered throughout the book, it is a good read.

This is a fast paced novel which I read in a day. The storyline kept me entertained and although I did kind of guess how this novel would conclude (there was only really one ending applicable) I was not expecting the emotionally charged chapters at the end, which to me made this novel. I am not going to go into a plot synopsis as I do not want to spoil the ending for other readers. Demon Dark picks up at the end of the second novel with Breandan, Claudia and Rae having escaped the nest. Right up until the last couple of chapters this novel reads as the final installment of this series as all the loose ends appear to be tied up and diputes and relationships are resolved/revealed.It is only at the conclusion of the penultimate chapter that you learn that this story is not yet over and in the final chapter we are introduced to the fourth and final novel in this series.

In conclusion it is definately worth reading and I will be down loading the final installment when it is released next year.
on 25 January 2012
I love this series of books . The characters are well rounded, the pace is great and the style is emotive but please....is a spellchecker so hard to use? In at least three chapters there were literally dozens of spelling errors! Unfortunately, this really detracted from the story for me as I had to re-read whole sentences to make sense of them! Unbelievable for a purchased product.
Having said that, I will be buying the next installments as soon as it is out...but please...??
on 25 July 2012
This story is okay except for the fact that Rae seems to be the stereotypical damsel in distress. I don't understand it. She's meant to be this strong female character who is going to be a preistess, which apparently is a very high position. At times she lives up to the expectation of this strong woman... and then she gives up whatever she was standing up for, turning to one of the two guys. For example, when this huge fight is happening between her two loves (both of which she fell for unwillingly, may I add, she submitting to both of their affections) she is all strong and powerful because she doesn't want either of them to kill the other because she loves them both, so she decides to step between the two to fight them both to make her point, being strong for about a second before letting everything go and letting Tomas be killed in front of her. Yeah. I struggled through the book, ignoring every time she becomes this submissive weakling and each spelling or grammar mistake, hoping it would get better. But it didn't.
on 25 July 2013
I started reading these booked and enjoyed the story and the characters developed and made me want to keep reading. The big downfall in the books is the grammar mistakes! I read the books with the kindle app on mt iPhone. As you can imagine there are perhaps 150 words on each page. There was at least one mistake on every page! Sort it out! It lets the book down big time. The characters are likeable and almost sexy in a twilight kind of way. The storyline is interesting and made me want to read more books but until the poor grammar mistakes are fixed, I'm not going to!
on 14 August 2012
At first I was apprehemsive aout this book as so many others with promise failed to deliver. This book, in fact the entire series so far engrossed me. A fantasy setting in a future world where humans lock themselves away from various demons that have come 'out of the closet' and protect themselves with vigerous training.
The authour is brilliant at setting the scene, and I couldn't help but want to read more after every book. Would recommend to anyone into fantasy worlds with romance thrown in, without a wishy washy plot.
on 4 December 2012
The action in this book is pretty much continuous. I enjoyed this book and was looking forward to finding out how it ended. I didn't realise when I purchased this set that there was a fourth book in the series. The author has the ability to give redeeming qualities to her characters. I also like the fact that the characters have "human" frailties and make mistakes even though most of the characters are obviously not human, and I look forward to seeing what happens to them in the next one.
on 27 June 2015
The series was a well written fantasy, it must have been I read them all, even though they are written for teenage girls apparently and there is a romantic theme that runs through them, which I didn't know about till I had already downloaded them so I am probably not ideal to review them. Penelope has written many series of books in a similar fashion so if you like one series there is a good chance you'll like the others.
on 2 April 2013
Really enjoyed this book 3 of the series and also one and two. Couldn't help but shed a tear at the end of 'Enchant' as it was a sad end to Rae who'd been present throughout the series. I looked forward to reading the next and last book of the series 'Summon'.
on 21 February 2013
Superb story, intriguing and had me captivated from the first book a couldn't put down series was sad it ended was left wanting more these stories for me don't last long enough is this just meltdowns everyone thinks the same
on 21 June 2013
I am so addicted to this series, I have cried more times than I care to remember. All I can say is excellent writing, it captures a part of the soul we would all like to keep hidden.