5.0 out of 5 stars Slash better than G & R.
Published on 5 Jan 2012 by Mr. Robert Reeve

2.0 out of 5 stars Rip off not the full live DVD with this just 5 tracks!!!!
Come on 18.98 and a special edition its just the 8.99 CD but with 5 live tracks on a DVD not the full concert DVD (which i was expecting from the Amazon description which the have now changed since i purchased) which you can get for 10.99 so better value to get seperate however cracking CD but not the issue avoid this special edition one.
Published on 24 Nov 2011 by Mr. S. N. Postlethwaite

5.0 out of 5 stars Slash better than G & R., 5 Jan 2012
Mr. Robert Reeve "The Gooner" (Northampton) - See all my reviews
I have always been a fan of Guns N' Roses having seen them 2 years running at Wembley on the Illusion tours. So when a 'live' version of Sweet Child Of Mine suddenly came on Planet Rock my ears immediatly pricked up and this version just blew me away. At first I thought it was G n' R because Myles Kennedy does sound a little bit like Axle Rose but not as high or squeeky. When Nikki Horne said it was Slash & 'Made In Stoke' from earlier on in the year I went straight on line on bought the album. And so far I have not been disappointed. The sound quality for a 'live' album is excellent you can hear the singer and all the instruments clearly and the crowed atmosphere is good also. I have found I have liked the non G n'R songs also because I had lost track of Slash an was unfamiliar with his own stuff. But one thing I have found is that I liked G n' R because of Slash and not Axle Rose. So if any of you are G n' R fans buy this album I sure you will love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars slash, 28 Mar 2013
What can I say about this cd except it is one of the best live cd's I have ever listened to and I have heard a lot its just pure rock and roll by a very tight band the production is also really good you can actually hear what the rhythm guitarist is playing this would appeal to anybody who likes red hot electric guitar oh and guns n roses

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure live rock'n'roll, 21 Nov 2011
The career of one Saul Hudson, raised during his early years in Stoke, has enjoyed a renaissance in the past decade, first with the excellent Velvet Revolver and more recently through various collaborations and solo work, including a very respectable studio album recorded with a few of his heroes 2 years ago. This live album is one of the best I've heard in the hard rock genre for some time. It's got a great sound mix as befitting commercial releases these days but it also has the right amount of spontaneous authenticity as all good live albums should.

Of course, it helps to have one of the finest vocalists around, Myles Kennedy, fronting up your band and whose vocal power and dexterity is on full display here. It should be noted that he masters the various Guns'n'Roses anthems, especially "Rocket Queen" and "Sweet Child O' Mine", a lot better than Axl Rose these days.

The highlight is the stunning lead guitar playing throughout from a man who prides himself on his virtuosity and all round genius with a Gibson. His stand-alone solo on disc two, which includes an improvisation on the theme from The Godfather, is simply astounding.

This CD is a must buy for anyone who wants to hear some diamond hard live rock'n'roll with a contemporary feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slash...the greatest!, 20 Oct 2013
Saw this concert on Sky and had to buy the album. Not every song from the gig is included but there is more than enough to keep fans happy. Myles Kennedy was excellent as it must be next to impossible to follow Rose but he did well.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 13 Nov 2013
Brilliant music, rock at its best, great value, arrived promptly, packaging fine, been delighted with it, play it all the time and LOUD!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a Slash CD- what else would you expect!, 23 Dec 2013
Finally, the legend returns to Stoke.

I pity those who would question a 5 star rating for some of the greatest rock created

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Stunning!, 15 Jan 2012
John Shaw (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This is & will go on to be one of the classic live albums of all time, as a massive WHO fan it pains me to say this but "Made In Stoke" is up there with "Live At Leeds", Slash with Myles Kennedy just hits a sweet spot, if they continue together as is rumored I can see some great stuff coming out, this album also underlines who was the creative & driving force behind GNR!!!, I've also got this on "Blu-Ray" it's well hot n rocking ( turn the lights down, crank up the home cinema system & you're there ), brilliant!!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exemplary!, 22 Nov 2011
J. M. Green "john94682" (Sutton Coldfield) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I was never a great follower of GNR, although, of course, I did like Sweet Child O'Mine and Paradise City. I did, however, like the Snakepit and Velvet Revolver phases of Slash's output - so last year when he put out the solo effort "SLASH" I was astounded by the album even though the appearance of several vocalists could so easily have made it a difficult album to take in but no, it was indeed quite a stunner.
So now, what we have here is a fabulous double CD album documenting Slash's career highlights live at his homecoming to Stoke on Trent earlier this year with Myles Kennedy handling the vocal department, and does it rock? AND THEN SOME!
If you like any of the guises Slash has added his unmistakable guitar playing to, you will love this because if there is one thing at which Slash excells, and that is the live show (in this case an especially poignant live show).ALL the showstoppers are here from Slash's career including the aforementioned GNR pinnacles and also his towering solo loosely modelled around the Godfather theme - and Mr Kennedy puts in a powerful vocal too (and has already been mentioned by the previous reviewer his handling of the GNR numbers are better than handled by a certain Mr Rose, of late!) - the only quibbles are the non-inclusion of the "Beautiful Dangerous" track from the solo album (I know Fergie did the amazing vocals, but I reckon Mr Kennedy would have made a superb stab at it too!), oh and the bass response generally, is not hefty enough (but that is correctable!) - but then in the face of this gem of an album, I am really being too pedantic!
Should you buy this? Well, if you don't you will really have missed out on a real GEM of an album that'll keep you rocking for quite some time to come - just buy it and feel the noise!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Rip off not the full live DVD with this just 5 tracks!!!!, 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: Made in Stoke 24/7/11 (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS AMAZING LIVE CD!!!, 3 Aug 2014
Bought this again due to a friend moving away and me forgetting to get it back it's that good!
Having seen them live myself I relive this cd throughout. All the best sings are here even the Godfather solo (I would love to play that on BGT!)
Anyway this for me is an amazing cd that you will be so glad you own and I keep it in my car always, love it!