5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value
As computers today use so many USB attachments, but seem to be made with less USB ports, I bought this four-port USB2 hub to allow me to have multiple gadgets attached at the same time.
Published 13 months ago by J. Vance

1.0 out of 5 stars one at a time
only one port works at any one time. If you want to use this as a charger multiplier in the car, it's useful. If you want to use it as multiplier for your computer, only one port works at any one time.

The devices are powered, but they are not active.

I bought another brand that actually works.
Published 3 months ago by dboyr

1.0 out of 5 stars one at a time, 6 April 2014

The devices are powered, but they are not active.

I bought another brand that actually works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, 1 Jun 2013
J. Vance "J. Vance" (G>B>) - See all my reviews
It is plug and play, so set up couldn’t be easier, and using it there is no noticeable slowing down of anything. I transfer documents from my phone and tablet and even videos transfer just as quickly as they do when plugged directly into my PC.
The lead is very short, but for me this is not a problem. I liked it so much I bought another for my lap top and find the short lead better here as it can stay with the computer and I do not need to find another space to place it. On my PC, it just hangs down the back where I have my mouse, keyboard, speakers and so on permanently attached, leaving my front USBs free for things I add and remove like my phone.
For this price buying this is the obvious choice if you need extra USB ports.

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't run my hard drive, 18 Feb 2013
This works fine for some devices such as mice and memory sticks. However, although externally powered, it will not run my hard drive which is the reason I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item!, 8 Jan 2013
I needed extra USB ports for the increasing number of gadgets that I now attach to my computer and this suits me perfectly. It's unobtrusive, tucked discreetly under the computer screen and means I don't have to continually pull out one lead to attach another. As I download quite a lot of photos and use the printer for scanning old photos, this saves time and effort for me and avoids situations in which I'm sure the printer isn't working, only to find it's not plugged in.

My only slight criticism is the length of lead on the Hub itself: I would have preferred it to be slightly longer so that it would sit completely flat on my desk, but overall it's a good item at a good price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not support charging, 20 Feb 2014
Mr. D. Millar "phoofighter" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Pretty useless given the fact that it does not support charging, this is not mentioned anywhere on the Amazon product details.

4.0 out of 5 stars all i needed, 16 Aug 2013
L. Thomas (london UK) - See all my reviews
works well. wont charge but powers all my hard drives. neat with fast delivery wish the cable was a little longer though

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 9 Mar 2014
If you plug any more than 2 USB's into it, it stops working and says that the device is being overloaded. When you have all four USB slots in use, it repeatedly connects and disconnects the devices randomly and you'd be lucky to get more than one of them working at a time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken plastic, 6 May 2012
This review is from: Belkin 7 Port Ultra Slim Series Aluminum Hub (Accessory)
After two weeks of use, one of the usb ports physically broke. The small plastic block within the port opening snapped off, lodging in the mouth of a usb cable, leaving the 'teeth' exposed in the usb port and rendering the usb cable useless (the plastic is irremovably stuck in the cable's mouth, making it un-connectable). No excessive force was used at all, I just felt a light snag while removing the cable as the plastic broke off.
It's the certainly best looking usb port I've seen, but I can't recommend it's build quality based on this experience. Disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't support charging, 15 April 2013
It's pretty clear on the instructions that come with this, but not on the Amazon website that this product doesn't charge phones or ipads. So it doesn't do what I bought it for. But given that it's only 5 I won't send it back and will find another use for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't support charging, 31 Mar 2014
I was hoping to use this to charge all the various devices in the house, keeping them in one place, but this doesn't support charging unless via a computer. So now I just use it with the iMac and don't have to fumble around the back of the screen to find the usb ports.