5.0 out of 5 stars Can I let you in on a secret?
Published 22 months ago by JB

1.0 out of 5 stars God help me
I brought this for my girlfriend and she keeps playing this horrible CD. can't stand it!!!!
Please break up as a group and save my ears!
Published 10 months ago by lee tyler

5.0 out of 5 stars Can I let you in on a secret?, 16 Oct 2012
JB (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Up All Night (Audio CD)
I succumbed to the purchase of this CD after much heart-felt pleading from my ten year old daughter, who faithfully promised that she would pay me back out of her pocket money; anything, anything to have this album. Meanwhile my heart was sinking with the vision of future car journeys accompanied by another run-of-the-mill boy-band producing frothy anodyne pop; musical wallpaper which would quickly drive us mad.

We got in the car. The CD was excitedly anticipated by some, but dreaded by others.

Oh yes, I sort of recognise the first track, must have heard it before, it's ok actually...Hmm, the second track begins in quite an interesting way...And so on. The 4th track's my favourite and I look forward to it every time, but then I like track 3 too. And 7, and of course track 1 is great.

I feel I know the boys now and I like them. I even know their names. I've started reading news articles about them.

My elder daughter has gone from deriding her sister's favourite as "rubbish" to downloading the album onto her phone so she can listen more often.

In short it's a hit, an unexpected and wonderful hit with all the family. It's feel-good music, full of hooks and with shifts of harmony which engage even the most resistant of listeners. The lyrics are teenage, yes, but heck we were all teenagers once.

And secretly I now look forward to car journeys. Though I can't let on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not at all bad!, 21 Jan 2012
This review is from: Up All Night (Audio CD)
I doubt anyone would have bought this album expecting some kind of musical masterpiece, so it makes me laugh to see really poor reviews from, quite frankly, people who obviously like to moan for the sake of it! One Direction are a young boyband, no one's denying the fact that it's all manufactured and light-hearted, and the album reflects that. Nope, the songs aren't bringing anything new to the world, nor is there really any sense of originality, but come on...is that the point of this band? Their target audience is predominantly teenage girls! That in mind, I wouldn't say it's a bad first effort at all. The songs are very catchy and mostly upbeat- you can tell the boys had fun making the record and that in turn puts a smile on your face. I guess you would say the whole 'cuteness' of them makes it even more likeable- after all, these songs aren't any worse than most other offerings in today's charts. A few tracks sound suspiciously similar to songs by other artists ('One Thing' is very like 'I Want It That Way' by Backstreet Boys, for instance), but I doubt anyone is going to be overly concerned about that! The main thing is you listen to the record and you can sing along and it makes you crack a smile. It's a bit early at this stage to say how far their success will go, but judging by their current popularity, I'd say they'll be around for at least the imminent future! All things considered, a strong, enjoyable debut album which ticks the right boxes with One Direction fans and I dare say a few other people too!

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun filled, easy listening pop album!, 23 Mar 2012
This review is from: Up All Night (Audio CD)
I really would reccomend this album to anyone who is a fan of POP music. One Direction are well known for finsihing 3rd on the reality TV series the X Factor and had a hit number one single 'What Makes you Beautiful'. The album contains some enjoyable love songs and call party anthems for all ages. The album is highly reccomended and is better than expected. If your thinking of buying a few songs then get these:
WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL
GOTTA BE YOU
ONE THING
UP ALL NIGHT
STOLE MY HEART
5 of the best songs on the album, BUY IT!!

4.0 out of 5 stars my kids love this cd & I secretly don't mind it either, 11 May 2012
This review is from: Up All Night (Audio CD)
This cd is lively, lots of fun, kids love it, I secretly don't mind it either. The single "what makes you beautiful" is really good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, comes with no plastic seal, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Up All Night (Audio CD)
I got this for my niece's Xmas. She loved it (that's one good thing). I paid about 7-8 pounds for it, so quite a good price for a new item. However, I was disappointed it did not come with a seal. The box was opened, so because it was to offer, I was not really happy. CD remained clean of any marks/scratches though

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied !, 18 Jan 2012
First, I'm french and I'm really happy that Amazon can ship to my country. I did not wait too long and that's great.

About the album:
This album was worth the waiting! I like the fact that they do a lot of different kind of music! Each song has a little thing. I love all the songs except Stole My Heart, this song doesnt fit to them, but whatever, the rest of the album is amazing.
The yearbook is good too! The one thing I regret is that there are not the lyrics sheet of each song.
x

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy ever, 27 Nov 2011
My 14 year old daughter loves this and has made me best Mum in the world as it arrived the day it was released. Thanks Amazon great to be best Mum in the world before Christmas !!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop Album of the year., 30 Dec 2011
S. Fasosin "Estee" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Up All Night (MP3 Download)
The 1D boys have not disappointed, I am a mature fan and absolutely love the album. Definitely the best pop album of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1D, 22 Mar 2014
Newt Beaumont - See all my reviews
This review is from: Up All Night (MP3 Download)
As a 25 year old lad I feel like I'm out of the "target audience" for One Direction. But I just can't help but really love the music. It's very catchy and I really do enjoy singing along to it.

I also enjoy buying my music direct from Amazon as you get the CD. Plus the MP3 album too right away. Thanks Amazon :)

5.0 out of 5 stars One direction rule!, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Up All Night (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of one direction as long as they started!! Do get this it is perfect for girls who love one direction

Up All Night