5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit
Published on 9 Jun 2012 by Pressburger200

3.0 out of 5 stars Great device in UK but did not work in Spain
Very useful device in the UK. It worked seamlessly. However, it did not work when I was travelling in Spain. We went to Vodafone in Madrid and tried to purchase a data SIM card. However, when the Spanish SIM card was inserted, it simply said "No Network".
Published on 21 July 2012 by Derek Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 9 Jun 2012
This review is from: Unlocked Three Huawei E586 White High Speed 3G/4G MiFi 21.1Mbps HSPA+ MOBILE BROADBAND
Happy to add my positive review. I was using a Vodafone dongle plugged into a laptop for mobile broadband, in particular on the railway line between Wales and London and the coverage was very patchy. Switching to Three and this stand alone dongle has been a revelation. I am now enjoying high speed broadband for nearly the whole journey. Really impressed. The dongle is easy to set up and operates without any interaction with a PC. Simply remove back, plug in SIM and battery. Charge up and turn on (battery lasts for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours of use). Once the laptop/ipad has the security code then you are in business. Dongle signal has also been shared happily with ipad and various laptops at the same time with no loss in performance. Given that it is unlocked, I look forward to getting SIM cards for other countries. Overall, very pleased and happy to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Click and connect!, 2 July 2012
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this device to allow my partner and I to use our WiFi only iPads when we are out and about. We were both reluctant to sign up to yet another monthly payment as our usage is uncertain, and, so adopted the PAYG route. You can get 3GB SIMs for this MiFi unit on Amazon at prices which make buying a new SIM each time far better value for money than topping up the supplied SIM.

I am highly satisfied with this device. This MiFi unit is made for 3 by Huawei and comes complete with a USB lead to charge it from your PC together with a mains adapter and dock which is well weighted and provides an ideal stand for the device at home. I have found the performance to be good in most places I have used it (mostly in Sussex and Herts) and we have both managed to connect our iPads whilst parked up in the car and surf without difficulty (you can connect up to 5 devices). One thing you should be conscious of is that the closer the device is to your PC/iPad the better it works - you cannot compare the range with a mains powered router. Also, I have found that a good signal does not always mean the speed of the connection will be higher - there appear to be other factors which influence speed.

Turning to the device itself - it is small, slim, well made and a bit smaller than a mobile phone so it easily fits in your pocket. It has a display which gives you signal strength, battery level and the amount of data you have used etc. The display is helpful, and, in particular, the "data used" information is very useful this being a feature omitted from a more basic version of this device being sold by 3. Not having a "data used" display to me is a bit like driving a car without a fuel gauge. The display could be bigger, but, no doubt that would exert more strain on the battery. The battery is similar to that in a mobile phone and lasts around 5 hours after which you can charge it either from a USB port (slower) or from the mains adapter provided (faster) - you do not have to carry the dock around as you can simply plug the mains charger directly into the device. It would have been nice if a small case had been included but I have used an old memory card case which does the job perfectly.

There are only two controls on the device itself - an on/off switch and a key switch which, when pressed displays the security code needed to connect to the device. Whilst helpful, this facility means if you lost the device it could be subject to unauthorised use as the finder would have ready access to the security code. However, with PAYG at least the exposure is limited to the balance remaining on the SIM card. The connection process is a breeze, you only have to enter the security code once on most devices and thereafter it is memorised.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this Huawei device and the 3 network performance - this MiFi product delivers exactly what I wanted, and, with the availability of 3rd party supplied (but legitimate) SIM cards available on Amazon at very low prices it is economic to run. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Internet on the go!, 29 Jan 2013
T. Millard - See all my reviews
Great product which allows me to have internet almost anywhere and connect up to 5 devices. Small and lightweight, good battery life.

As long as you know how to set up profiles for various providers here and abroad, you can't go wrong. APN settings are easy to find on the internet and set up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlocked 3g MiFi, 18 July 2012
This product is a godsend in poor reception areas. I use it to check emails and Skype people when away from wifi areas. I tend to use when staying at hotels rather than pay for there wifi. It saves me a fortune in the long run. A very useful product in today's technical gadget market

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 24 Dec 2012
The mifi itself is great and does exactly what I wanted of it. However, the vendor didn't state that it didn't come with cradle or the original power supply system. Not the end of the world as a productive power supply just took the edge of the purchase, but the Huwaei itself is superb.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great device in UK but did not work in Spain, 21 July 2012