Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 27 January 2012
A great book for all. For a start, it is easy to read. Each prayer has its own page and allows one to read it quickly and at the same time to think and meditate about it. This is the reason it is a book accessible to all and highly recommendable.
on 11 November 2011
I have been using these prayers in book form for a number of years and find them a reflective and prayerful way to begin each day. The structure is flexible and accessible to everyone. It helps to put you in a positive frame of mind, open to recognise the action of God in the events and people you encounter. Now it is on kindle, it even more useful. Well done to the publishers for doing this.
on 25 July 2012
I purchased both of David O Malley's
Books one to start the day and one to finish. For those who find it hard to start a prayer time these books are excellent, as well as prayers there are readings from the Bible put in a very easy to understand form, followed by another prayer also a short meditation on what you have read,then finishing by asking God to Bless others.At the end you are given a text to repeat often to yourself throughout the day.
on 1 April 2013
I chose this rating because it has helped me through some difficult days. Of course there is only four weeks of daily prayers, but that doesn't matter as the continuance is what is important. Something that I'm sure many Christians can relate to is the point that this book can guide you if you have a bad day. It is not just for breakfast time but for elevenses and lunch time too.
on 28 March 2012
This little book is literally a godsend! It is simple, no real churchy language, but it is deeply spiritual. It allows me to look at my day through God's eyes. Somehow the simple questions and rhythm and pace allow me to engage with the spiritual that has been there all day. It allows me to become aware at the end of the day that I have been carried and embraced by this mysterious presence all day. You can't put a price on that kind of experience. At the end of a busy day what a joy it is to find that there is depth and meaning hidden in the most ordinary events of my humdrum life!
Just get it either on Kindle or in paper form oyu won't regret it.
on 27 January 2015
David O'Malley has a real gift with words and seems to capture complex feelings, hopes, desires, worries etc succinctly and beautifully in these prayers. They are very positive and they comfort, inspire and gently challenge. Just the right length for the start of the day. I'd say the same for his book on Prayers to End My Day.
on 31 January 2012
This book and its companion volume Prayers to Close my Day follow a similar pattern to the traditional Morning and Evening Prayers but in a much more user-friendly format for someone praying alone. The four week cycle is long enough to avoid boredom but short enough to become comfortably familiar.
The scripture readings are paraphrased using clear modern language, e.g. yeast instead of leaven, and the references are given if you want to look up the original. The meditations are thought provoking and varied enough to keep my mind happily occupied on and off throughout the day. I particularly like the little phrase to be used during the day that is short enough to remember, even for someone like me who is a dunce at learning by heart, yet is a good reminder of the earlier meditation.
A prayerbook well worthy of use by all, from teenagers to centenarians.
on 6 February 2012
I keep this little book as a bedside companion and now having bought a Kindle am able to dip into it at any time. A great book with insightful prayers and a good way to start the day. There is also a book Prayers to Close my Day. Great for people who have busy lives to pick up and also easy to fit into a handbag or brief case.
on 12 August 2013
I was looking for set prayers to use in my devotions now and then. I found this book just what I wanted. It seems to be laid out for use in a group, with spaces for bits of liturgy interspersed, but I had no trouble in simply using the prayers and meditations on their own. Calm, encouraging and thoughtful. Great.
on 17 September 2013
I use this with its companion - prayers to close my day. Both are good but I would rate this one the best. It does not matter if you skip a day as it is laid out in a 4-week cycle. the readings have a common logic but there is no essential sequence from day to day.