Size: Pack Of 1|Change
Price:£3.80+ Free shipping (Addon item)

The lavender is far too dominant in this blend such that the other ingredients do not really come through at all. It's all very well saying use sparingly, but you then merely get a lesser amount of lavender and nothing much else. To all intents and purposes it's very much unusable on its own. I use this blend by combining a certain amount with other brands of ras el hanout, so that I can get the floral hint of lavender which is lacking in others, but also achieving a more balanced combination with other flavours.
on 2 May 2014
Having made some delicious meals with Ras el hanout previously, I was looking forward to that familiar scent again to get the tastebuds flowing. As soon as I opened the packet, the air filled with a very strong scent of lavender - great if you want a room freshener, but personally I don't want too strong a taste of it. I haven't actually used it yet, as the smell is so off-putting. I found an authentic North African shop locally instead that does a really good Ras el hanout spice, and is much better value, and is minus the overpowering lavender. Sorry, won't be buying this version again.
on 2 June 2013
This Spice Mix has been blended to perfection and is of an excellent quality...I mix it with water and Olive oil, and marinate stewing lamb in it. I leave in the fridge for 8 hours prior to casseroling....and the lamb is absolutely beautiful...have not tried it with other meats or fish as yet, but I am sure I will be as delighted with the flavour as I am with lamb.....
on 24 October 2013
What a wonderful flavour and aroma. Lamb tagline made for a dinner party and guests applauded to look and taste of the dish.
on 15 May 2013
Very pleased with this product, made a delightful tagine with it and will certainly purchase again when I push the boat out
on 13 March 2013
Used this in a Tagine, very fragrant and made the difference to it tasting authentic. Thank you, i would reccomend.
on 25 December 2013
I go through periods of lots of arabic cooking, especially if cooking for others that buying the refill pack is so much more cost effective. I rather like the small jars of the rub, but there are only so many small jars I can re-use. Exceptional spice blend. The best one I've used.
on 17 July 2014
Not anywhere near as good as the paste available from most good supermarkets. Won't be buying again.
on 7 August 2014
Product great, fast delivery, no problems whatsoever
on 29 December 2014
very useful spice mix and quite authentic