5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
Product arrived very quickly. I was extremely pleased with the purchase. The journal is beautiful and in perfect condition. The cotton pages are soft and handmade from rags. I have written in the journal with a standard black biro pen and the ink settles flawlessly on the pages. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a unique authentic journal.
Published on 3 April 2012 by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover work
Published on 24 April 2013 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Indra Medium Stitched and Embossed Leather Journal with clasp 110 x 160 mm (Leather Bound)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully made, 5 May 2012
I bought this to use as a scrapbook and I'm so pleased I went for this one. It's a really nice size, small, but perfectly formed. The clasp on the front is strong and doesn't look flimsy. The paper inside is really nice quality, although I wouldn't recommend using a fountain pen as it will bleed. The embossed design is beautiful and has that lovely leathery smell. It arrived well packaged and in perfect condition. Would highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover work, 24 April 2013
Overall I am pleased with this product but I was expecting something better. The leather work is magnificent and really gives the classic look and feel I was after. The pages however were slightly disappointing. Though I accept these are handmade and will have little flaws some of the pages are dirty or stained which if I were going to use this as a journal would have resulted in it being returned. I am a big fan of supporting fair trade but that will only go so far. As I say, overall this is an ok product but in my opinion the quality is really let down by the pages which is a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Artisan craft done well, 4 Jan. 2013
Bought this as a first wedding anniversary (Paper) gift and I wasnt disappointed. You feel like you're writing on an ancient manuscript, the paper is thick, the leather real and stitching thick and unique in modern stationary wares.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a leather journal with a clasp!, 21 Jun. 2013
Lord Bage "Adam" (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
I've bought this journal to take with me when I go hiking in the lakes or the dales, etc., Call me a sensitive old hippy fart but I quite like writing down things I see at the end of the day, making a few notes here or there, drawing the odd picture, etc. And I wanted something that I felt would last but also that suited what it would be used for.

Again, it's a romantic notion, but I like the idea of handing this down to family members, wrapped in vellum, covered in dust, for them to read and to see what filled my days and daydreams.

This item is well made, feels incredibly sturdy and you're helping out those less fortunate than ourselves too! Buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, here's some info for prospective buyers, 12 Dec. 2013
I love this journal. I bought one for myself and one as a gift (sorry, I couldn't resist!) It is a beautiful product of the highest quality. I have been writing in it for awhile now and really enjoy the experience. People do need to be aware of a few things when looking to buy it, though:
1. It really is 11 cm x 16 cm. That means it is about a cm taller and an inch wider than my galaxy note phone. What I'm trying to say is that this is not a big desk journal, or even an average A5 book. It is more pocket size (except for the fact that it is over an inch thick).
2. This is handmade paper - expect scratchiness and stains. That's what adds to the character. Also be very careful in your choice of pens. A normal ballpoint or gel should be fine.
3. The cover is real leather. So when you open the book for the first time, wipe down the insides of the front and back cover so you don't stain your hands.
4. This has bunches of paper stitched to the spine so you cannot lay it flat.

Know what you're getting going in. If you do buy it after that, you will not be disappointed. And you'll have done a good deed for a tiny cottage industry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will Not Show Off Your Artistic Neat Handwriting, 15 Jan. 2015
Love the idea, unfortunately quite disappointed.

- Because of the bulk and the stiffness of the leather it is quite awkward to operate.
- The cotton causes fluff to form on the ballpoint pen & I'm a bit OCD about anything being on my nib other than ink.
- There is a slight smudging although others have said otherwise - although this is better than glossy paper.
- In honesty the cotton is not a pleasant feel to write on, it feels like I'm writing on a toilet roll.
- Because of the sponginess it results in my handwriting not having the certain amount of sharpness I like my handwriting to have.
- Writing on the 'reverse side of pages' is really hard work too. Not only are you battling the heavy side of the book with your hand, the uneven texture of the casing but the clasp causes a mound. One positive thing I can say here is because the cotton is fairly thick, at least it doesn't rip as you write over the uneven textures.

Because of the amount of pages in this book I'm sure I will be using it many years, so maybe my opinion will change. But unfortunately as an initial impression I wish I'd gone for something different.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 29 Nov. 2012
Im so pleased with the journal. It is as described.
I will be buying again and would recommened to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Journal of excellent craftsmanship and quality., 5 April 2013
I ordered this because I'm a stationery lover generally and like this kind of artisan-crafted item. When it arrived, I was disappointed at first that I'd made the classic internet shopper's error of thinking it was A4 size when actually it's more like A5 (it was adequately described; this was entirely my mistake), but once i saw the outstanding craftsmanship of the tooled and stitched leather over, I immediately decided to keep it. This decision was reinforced when I felt the exceptional quality of the paper. But, you know, I think it's the quirky little brass fastener that really does it for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 20 Mar. 2013
Let me start by saying Wow, this book is Beautiful, at least 3 people I work with have ordered one since seeing it, its awkward to use (its cotton not paper so some ink "bleeds") but the look of it makes it all worth it, the leather wirk is clearly hand stitched/etched, the pages have slight discoloration (which adds to the look) the only down side I can see, you feel like what your wrighting isnt worthy, you should be wrighting about adventures or something... oh did I also mention its cheap as chips, you wont find better for less. P.s. if you draw or sketch, check out the A4 version, not as well made, but still stunning.