I have bought 2 of these, 1 was a present and I loved it so much I had to get myself one with my christmas money. I have wanted a journal for a while , somewhere I could jot my feelings ,the nice things that happen , about my holidays , I didn't want a dairy as sometimes there is nothing to write in a dairy and also I wanted somthing that wasn't dated. This fitted the bill perfectly . The cover is beautiful , it looks beautiful , it feels fantastic , very tactile and also smell good, that if you like the smell of leather . It has a really good clasp that holds it closed and this has a sturdy feeling to it. The paper is amazing , it is hand made and nothing like "normal" paper . It seems to soak up ink , but gel pens work well on it. It is a good size , not too small so that you can't write in it properley , nor too big so that it is not portable. I think it is somthing that I will treasure for ever , and who knows when I am long gone perhaps one of my grandaughters may read it and think wow my Nanny was cool, or maybe gosh these are the ramblings of a mad woman. I reccomend that you treat yourselves to this bit of indulgence.
on 16 February 2012
I must admit that what really attracted me to this product initially was the fair trade principle. But, after receiving the product, I must say that I am very pleased. The workmanship is of a high level, the paper within is of decent quality and overall, it is something I would be pleased to receive and give as a gift.
on 7 May 2013
I have always wanted something so beautiful and so elegant to write stories in, in such a work of art that this Journal is! I've been searching for a long time for something as stunning as this! The leather is beautiful, and the paper is perfect for the creative project I'm about to embark. The delivery took a little longer than what I thought it would but its nothing considering what you receive, its worth the wait. I also love that its hand-made and made out recycled products. FORGET about the price! If you love this journal as much as I do, you'll be a happy writer. Without a doubt, 100% customer satisfaction! I will definitely be buying more.

I do have one tip: INDULGE!
on 7 July 2013
When first receiving this Leather Journal, I was thrilled. It has amazing quality, a great, fresh smell and is simply a pleasure to handle. It's also quite small, a little less than A5, so it fits into almost every bag I own perfectly. Sadly, however, the paper does mean many pencils and pens do not write smoothly. As long as you don't use liquid ink (.i.e: fountain pens), you'll be okay.

Apart from that the service was spot-on and this journal suits it's purpose well.
on 15 February 2015
Beautiful workmanship, amazing quality. My only qualms is that it is very difficult to find the right type of pen. The paper frays too easily under burp and ink pens just don't sit well (everything goes messy and spread out). Otherwise it's a great gift for a fancy journal or the likes, the cover is great!
on 7 April 2013
The journal arrived quickly within 3 working days and was exactly as described. The paperinside is beautiful and adds to the traditional journal style. I gave it to my sister for her 11th birthday and she loves it. Definate value for money.
on 27 August 2015
Beautiful item - unique and well made with a lovely clasp to close. I have no issues with the paper as some reviewers seem to have
on 27 July 2013
its really good and i got it on time i am really happy that i bought it and well buy more from u for my office
on 12 January 2016
Absolutely love this book ~ pictures do not do it justice ~ excellent next day free delivery with prime.
on 11 June 2013
The pictures of this product really don't do it justice, it is really beautiful in real life. You can tell that it's been worked on and is made well. However, the pages are not particularly easy to write on for 2 reasons 1- the way it has been made forces your hand at an awkward angle and the covers are stiff, the pages are in little sections within the book which can ruin it aesthetically. 2- If you use a fountain pen, the ink bleeds. A lot. Any other somewhat inky pen is okay and doesn't bleed too badly, but if you write with a fountain pen on it it is almost indistinguishable. If you don't plan on writing too much in it or using a ball point pen or one of those uni-ball ink pens then it's brilliant, I will use it for storing photos in as it seems to be perfect for that- a photo one side and a small amount of writing on the other.

See one answered question