5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published 18 months ago by Lorraine 83

3.0 out of 5 stars A solid alternate history
I like the concept of Greg Enslen's history. Whilst the dialogue was a little clunky in places, the concepts were powerful and left me thinking. A clever book!
Published 1 month ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Oct 2012
This review is from: The 9/11 Machine (Kindle Edition)
This book is brilliant. Very well written -flows well and does not jump around too much. Voice of the narrator is constant and covers the events of 9/11 sensitively. Novel explores events before the atrocity of 9/11 globally and politically to see if it could have been avoided, and goes on to explore the theme of the novel in depth ie) how to avoid the attack and the aftermath. Revelevant to todays society with Syria, Afghanistan and the middle east. If you are not a politics/history buff like me its perhaps a good idea to brush up on the facts of 9/11 and politics, conflicts since so you can see where the author deviates from real life to make a point. Enjoyed this book and its well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitively written piece about what ifs..., 18 May 2013
This review is from: The 9/11 Machine (Kindle Edition)
Everyone wonders in life "what if" they had made a different decision.
Or if they could go back in time and stop something happening should they and would it even make things better in the future.

This book explores the 9/11 tragedy in a personal way but somehow manages to weave a good story about time travel around it. So much of the facts surrounding what happened are here and yet this is a work of fiction.

A very well written book. Recommended reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 16 April 2013
This review is from: The 9/11 Machine (Kindle Edition)
This really was a great read! I had contemplated buying this book before but didn't. So glad I finally did. Even though the book is based on tragic events, it does make you think that things could have been a lot worse. But forget about the facts; this is a great work of fiction that had me intrigued. I really want one of those skin computers for my arm!

5.0 out of 5 stars 9/11, 7 April 2013
This review is from: The 9/11 Machine (Kindle Edition)
should have been written earlier, I feel the U.S.A are so keen to get into bed with their enemies they loose track of the word honour.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read and thought provoking, 21 April 2014
This review is from: The 9/11 Machine (Kindle Edition)
Like many people, I will always remember what I was doing on that fateful day (my toddler was very annoyed with me when I turned his TV program off to update my husband and his office of the unfolding events), and I will always remember my husband screaming in my ear about what was happening as I was unable to speak initially as the first tower collapsed! I remember the horror I felt, and how suddenly the world seemed to be a very scary place, even though I was over in the UK, but living near London, things got very scary for a few weeks. I have always been a fan of sci fi and time travel in particular, so this book appealed to me a lot.

This book is very well written, and very well researched, and I am sure that there have been times in everyone's life when you think that if you had pre warning of events that you would have done things different, well this book makes you think, just what would I have done if I had known about the attacks before hand? and what would I have done to try and prevent them?

I have not read any of this author's other books, but I am planing to do so now. I urge you to read the forward before you start the book, as it explains things that may otherwise confuse you to start with.

This story is written form a personal angle, dealing with one man's struggle to deal with how his life changed forever after that fateful day. Does he get to prevent the attacks? does he make thing better? you will need to read the book to find out. as he says, 'things could have been so much worse'

In the middle of reading this, there was the disaster with the South Korean Ferry sinking with lots of children on board, and I found myself thinking, what if you knew about it in advance, what would you do? this is how much the book affected me.

3.0 out of 5 stars A solid alternate history, 4 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The 9/11 machine, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: The 9/11 Machine (Kindle Edition)
Wow. This is such a complex tale surrounding the most horrific event of recent years. It's a story of science fiction and a brilliant man who loses his family in the world trade centre and invents a time machine to try and stop the attacks. I don't want to give to much away and spoil the plot. What I found so compelling was that each attempt to halt this act of terrorism happened anyway and far worse. It's terrifying to think of the number of ways, the human race can do, to try and destroy each other. This is a great read

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: The 9/11 Machine (Kindle Edition)
Initially i found the idea of the avoidance of this awful event facinating then the depressing alterative scenarios almost made me stop reading but i am so glad i made it the end.

ARRAY(0xa6709264)