5.0 out of 5 stars SES/E14 LED Golf Ball Bulb
It's very hard to find a truly compact LED golf ball bulb anywhere on the internet. Most of the ones available are 1 watt decorative effect bulbs or, if proper replacement LED bulbs, they tend to be elongated with a golf ball shaped top.
This is a really good 35 watt equivalent replacement bulb with which I am very pleased.
Seller shipped the bulb immediately...
Published on 24 Nov. 2011 by Andrew

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware these duds!
I don't usually write reviews but since two of the three bulbs I bought have failed within 2 months I feel the need to warn others to stay away. Going by other reviews, this is not an isolated incident. Go and treat yourselves to another LED bulb make (I still recommend the technology), just not these. Garbage!
Published 5 months ago by John Primrose

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SES/E14 LED Golf Ball Bulb, 24 Nov. 2011
This review is from: EnergyBrite, 3.3W SES/E14 Epistar LED Bulb ,Ceramic TRUE Golf Ball Shape, Warm White 3000k, Small Edison Screw Fitting,Energy Saving (Kitchen & Home)
Seller shipped the bulb immediately and I received it next day.
Excellent service and quality product. Also seller provides a full specification for the bulb so the size. equivalent output and all details are available to the buyer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light!, 7 Feb. 2013
I decided to try LED bulbs in a three-bulb fitting, since the previous CFL bulbs seem to have unacceptably short lives before at best developing a flicker, or even failing completely.

Reading reviews on various LED bulbs, several people reported that the brightness was less than the claimed incandescent or CFL equivalent, so I chose these bulbs partly on the basis of their high claimed light output (at 270 lumens, still less than the alleged 350 lumens or so of a 40W incandescent or 7W CFL).

Well, I think I may have over-done it! The three LED bulbs lit up instantly (a great improvement on the old CFLs which took literally minutes to reach full brightness) and were obviously brighter than the other light fitting in the room, still fitted with CFLs (but already fully 'warmed up'). The light is whiter than the CFLs, without the green tint they suffer from, but doesn't look 'cold' either.

Lifetime remains to be seen, but I will be very likely to buy another set for the other light fitting when the next CFL fails.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tiny LED golf bulb, finally! Looks like a regular bulb., 28 April 2012
I bought this for a lamp which needed a tiny 40w golf ball bulb - I couldn't find a regular CFL energy saver that fit. The bulb is just over 7cm long including the screw thread.

It's the same size as a regular GLS bulb but only uses 3W. The light is a beautiful, bright and clear white colour - perfect for a lamp. It's described as equivalent to 35W/40W but seems to create a brighter, clearer light than my old 40w bulb, and is better than the 60w energy saver equivalent I used before.

This is my first LED light bulb and it's impossible to see any LEDs or tell that it is an energy saver - fanastic when the bulb is on display.

5.0 out of 5 stars LED Golf-ball bulb, 26 April 2013
TonyD "biotone" (Up North) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Very pleased with these bulbs, bought to replace compact fluorescent bulbs in a bedroom light fitting. They seem robustly made with a ceramic base (also easy to grip when you're screwing them in - you don't need to touch the glass), don't protrude beyond end of the lamp holder and give a very pleasant (and instant) warm white light.
Thoroughly recommended on initial impressions, and ordered again for another bedroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, 17 Feb. 2014
Marts (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
As many people have done, I researched my options for a SES bulbs and eventually came across these with the main attraction being the positive reviews and the small size so that it would not protrude out the end of my light fitting. I have 3 of these in one light fitting initially bought for a spare bedroom and once tested I bought 3 more for another bedroom which had the same light fitting.

My first opinion of these bulbs is that they are compact, unfussy, give off a good amount of light without glaring, the light is soft and inoffensive, with no warm up time like you get with CFL bulbs, however I have to agree with my wife who commented that the colour temperature is not as warm as the more orangey glow you get from a 40w filament bulb. That said having had them in for a number of weeks I honestly think it is hard to tell they are an LED bulb and at a 12th of the electricity consumption they are helping to keep the bills lower.

Having relied on reviews quite heavily to avoid spending lots of time buying and trying different bulbs, I can say that I am pleased with these bulbs and would recommend them. The lumen output is one of the key points to note as this relates to how bright they are going to be.

I hope this review helps to give an accurate description of the bulbs and helps you in making your choice.

Good luck

5.0 out of 5 stars One Year On, 14 Sept. 2013
Mr. Robert E. Hardy (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
Cursed by small wall lights that I was heartily fed up with feeding with golf ball bulbs every few months I decided to try LED alternatives. I bought two types, these and slightly cheaper LED candle lamps. These have a warm smooth light and are small enough to barely protrude above the shades. A year on they still work well giving a soft warm light and no noticeable flicker or diminution of light output, whilst one of the candle lamps has failed, perhaps because of cooling issues from the enclosed glass shades within which they sit. So on that performance I would heartily recommend them despite the expense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Oct. 2013
I bought one of these to replace a 35W golfball bulb that lights a larder. First I tried it back-to-back with a 35W golfball in a two bulb wall light. It is at least as bright as the golfball and is not as yellow (but to my eyes it is a very much more pleasant light). It lights up the larder as well or better than the old golfball. I'm fully convinced and I'm going to buy another 6 to convert a sitting room. If that looks ok I need another 20 for the rest of the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for limited space, 10 Feb. 2014
I bought these to replace incandescent bulbs in our bedside lights.
They are proper golf ball size, so don't stick out of the fixture light a CFL would.

Compared side by side with the originals, these have almost exactly the same brightness as 25w clear bulbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant (literally! ) little bulb, 25 Aug. 2014
Brilliant (literally!) little bulb. Lots of output. Worth the cost over cheaper larger bulbs if you want a bulb that isn't visible outside the confines of the shade, as happens with so many cheaper versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 26 Nov. 2013
Bought a load of these bulbs for myself and my grandfather as he is 80 odd and get a energy allowance hopefully this low power bulbs will help reduce his energy bill below his allowance.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›