5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
bought this for my son for xmas, he hasn't stopped playing it yet, graphics are great, would recommend this game any day
Published 20 months ago by jane doe

Published on 3 Mar 2012 by Roberto

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 27 Dec 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Game, 20 Nov 2012
S. Williams (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Syndicate (PS3) (Video Game)
Reasonably hard but a great game and the graphics are good. You could say it's slightly samey in places but I personally really enjoyed it though. If you're into first person games this could be a good option for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Long and short of it !!!, 6 April 2013
Seanik (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Syndicate (PS3) (Video Game)
I will try to make this simple for potential buyers.

Syndicate is a fast paced, high action and visceral FPS.

The single player campaign clocks in at about 6-8 hours on a proper difficulty setting. While the world and setting are well realised the story is a mixed bag, I knew at all times what the actual plot was but it was not very compelling or engrossing and the player character is a silent witness throughout. However the game benefits from a Hollywood cast , including Brian Cox and Rosario Dawson, that really brings up the cut scenes and dialogue. It has a great cyberpunk feel but also that kind of 80's action sci fi feel from such films as Terminator , Total Recall and Robocop, also of course such films as Blade Runner are a source of influence.

The Multiplayer is exclusively Co-operative and is excellent. You team up with up to 3 other "Agents" for a team of 4 and play through a collection of missions/scenarios made exclusively for the MP. The matchmaking is fast and there are still players and games up and running at time of writing. I had no issues finding a game. If you have a couple of mates who enjoy co-op games and are stuck on Rainbow six Vegas or don't like COD sepc ops then this is a must try.

Gameplay in general is smooth/ fast and violent. The feel of the shooting and especially the first person cover mechanic reminded me a lot of Killzone 3. So if you liked Killzone 3 and want something similar or Deus Ex was not balls to the wall enough for you. Give this a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying this, 2 April 2013
P Brown "CatMan" (u.k.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Syndicate (PS3) (Video Game)
I'm enjoying this game a lot. I never heard of it before, but after looking at it on youtube, I went for it. If you like FPS, then you will like this...Well I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pick it up!, 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: Syndicate (PS3) (Video Game)
Brilliant game for any sci-fi and shooter fans. Innovative, action packed and fun to play! Will definitely play it again and again...

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it...., 20 July 2012
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Syndicate (PS3) (Video Game)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, this game has been compared to Deus Ex. I personally have played both of them and in my opinion this is just as good. It has a good single player campaign; although it is a bit easier than I envisaged. However, on harder difficulty it is fine and much more enjoyable. The weapon system is good and there is plenty to do. If you want all the trophies you'll easily clock in 40-50hrs. I finished this and got platinum in 48hrs.

The multiplayer is fine, nothing special though and the few games I played online were good and fun. It's not COD and you wont be making a legion of dedicated friends, but it is good to play something different every now and then.

Overall, I enjoyed it!

2.0 out of 5 stars After so many years so much disappointment!! Buy Deus Ex instead..., 3 Mar 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Syndicate (PS3) (Video Game)
Eagerly anticipated this release after playing both previous versions of this game many moons ago and I'm disappointed. The geek in me has to confess that I don't like the way the original story line has been changed. EuroCorp agents in previous games were cyborg assassins given to human executives to complete missions set by EuroCorp. In the previous games you played the part of the human executive which made your agents somewhat expendable - and it some parts of the game necessarily expendable. Now it seems you play the part of the Agent in what is yet another FPS that seem to litter the computer game stores.

The game itself... graphics quite good but certainly not the best I've seen on the PS3. A very frustrating part of the game for me is the amount of doors that look like they can be opened/used. But once you arrive at them you find out they're just part of the wall detail - something that was common (and forgivable) in FPS games ten or so years ago but certainly not now. Maybe that's just my gripe! Another huge annoyance is the the fact that EVERY (and I mean EVERY) inaminate object is name tagged!! Why does a beer bottle have to be labelled as "beer bottle?" Why do I need to know that's it's a beer bottle as soon as I walk near it? Another very annoying graphic problem is that with some weapons your remaining ammo counter is displayed in the centre of the screen on top of your gun - right where you're trying to aim!! All in all - the screen seems very cluttered with useless information at times.

Talking of the weapons, they seem slightly uninspired compared with the array of futuristic weapons available in the previous games. Additonally, "Breach Mode" has now replaced Psycho Gas/Persuadatron/etc and gives you option to briefly control enemies. This effect is nothing compared to Syndicate Wars on the PSOne/PC where you could create a small army of 20-30 armed civilians following your agents round on screen doing your bidding.

The single player campaign is quite short and a little bit lack lustre in all honesty. However, the co-op mode in this game is rather good and probably the only thing stops me trying to return or sell the game. The co-op mode is more in the spirit of the older games where each player has a designated role/task. And it uses the original Syndicate maps - nice touch!! :)

As a summary, this is not really a Syndicate game, not as us (slightly) older gamers would know it anyway. I'm sure blevvies of gamers will love this as as sci-fi FPS, but for those of us who remember the original games - I think we wanted a bit more than that, especially after all these years. The co-op mode is its saving grace and is good fun. But personally, I rate Deus Ex as a better game and I would buy that over this any day of the week - especially if the Cyberpunk genre is you're thing, Deus Ex will not disappoint, this has the potential to.

3.0 out of 5 stars close but no cigar, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Syndicate (PS3) (Video Game)
Ok but did not live up to expectations from the old amiga500 game. Buy in sale if you think about it...

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely for Syndicate fans., 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Syndicate (PS3) (Video Game)
Not a masterpiece, not the best FPS but it's worth the visit in the Syndicate world if you were a fan of the past games.

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed as someone that is a great fan of Syndicate ..., 13 July 2014
This review is from: Syndicate (PS3) (Video Game)
So disappointed as someone that is a great fan of Syndicate and Syndicate wars I was really looking forward to this, I was even willing to give the change to FPS a chance but it hasn't worked for me it's very slow with frustrating puzzles and it just doesn't carry the feel of the previous games , I traded it in thinking of what could have been.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Syndicate (PS3)
Syndicate (PS3) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
10.37