on 4 July 2014
I bought one of these for my husband the year before last. I can equate with those that say there doesn't initially appear much for the money but you would pay more for these unusual varieties than normal seed. I didn't get round to sowing last year but this year we sowed them expecting very little if anything to germinate. We sowed straight into seed trays rather than the little pots and everything is growing well. I only have 4 courgette plants but that's plenty for us, and probably have at least 20 of everything else and am giving away funky tomatoes plants to all my friends.
on 10 May 2012
We ordered this kit for our 3-year old granddaughter and she was thrilled, and very eager to start planting, we have to put the pots up on a shelf to stop her scratching to see if the plants have germinated.

The kit was missing the purple carrot seeds - to us the star attraction, but the vendor responded immediately and sent some replacement packs, full marks here.

My only comment as a gardener is have some soil available, the supplied compost briquette gets very soggy when soaked but a little soil added works like a charm.

Now to wait for the plants to grow!
on 15 December 2013
I bought the item for my mother as we enjoy gardening. It arrived in a timely manor. Its great fun and everything is growing. This veg. kit is something children can get involved with.
on 20 April 2012
I bought this as a present for my husband for Christmas as he had shown an interest in starting to grow his own veg. He has only just started to plant some of the seeds now, the sprouts and tomatoes so far, with great results. The amount of plants which have sprouted from each one has been impressive (pver 30 plants from the sprouts alone). He is planning on doing the carrots this weekend and is hoping for similar results. It has also helped our 3 year old daughter gain an interest in planting and growing our own vegetables and she is enjoying watching them grow.
on 29 November 2011
Bought for a Christmas present, very pleased with it, this is something different! Everything just as described could not fault any part of the service.
on 18 May 2015
On arrival, the box was a lot smaller than I expected. I have never grown vegetables before, so was rather pessimistic about growing anything to fruition. Planted the seeds & they went bonkers. Fortunately I had lots of pots (& you`re going to need them).! I have managed to produce about 8 courgette, 12 sprouts 20 tomato. 40 chard & 10 carrot plants. Very happy with the funky veg & would recommend this as a gift to someone who is not necessarily a gardener, but has plenty of pots & space.
on 31 July 2014
A great way to fill up your garden. I've had great fun growing the various veg in the pack and my tomatoes are now starting to ripen. It all grows so easily anyone can do it.
on 12 October 2014
Excellent value for money I got this for my dad for Father's Day in June and by September it had completely filled a greenhouse by itself. A real impressive volume.
I purchased this kit as one of the gifts the kids could give to their mum on her birthday, Although the contents are much smaller than the box, I do think the box helps makes it a superb gift as it's attractive and fun. In the box you get small seedling pots, Dehydrated fertiliser disks and the seed packets. Our seeds are sowed and we look forward to seeing the results.
on 3 October 2015
Dont waste ur money, tiny and looks cheap. Something you'd think twice about buying in the pound shop!!