4.0 out of 5 stars I bought one of these for my husband the year ...
Published 10 months ago by miss fiona marr

3.0 out of 5 stars Present
Purchased for myt father who is a keen gardener and looking to produce interesting veg. The allotment crowd showed interest
Published 15 months ago by Fester

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought one of these for my husband the year ..., 4 July 2014
This review is from: Funky Veg Kit by Plant Theatre - 5 Extraordinary Vegetables to Grow (Garden & Outdoors)
I bought one of these for my husband the year before last. I can equate with those that say there doesn't initially appear much for the money but you would pay more for these unusual varieties than normal seed. I didn't get round to sowing last year but this year we sowed them expecting very little if anything to germinate. We sowed straight into seed trays rather than the little pots and everything is growing well. I only have 4 courgette plants but that's plenty for us, and probably have at least 20 of everything else and am giving away funky tomatoes plants to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter veggie kit for kids, 10 May 2012
We ordered this kit for our 3-year old granddaughter and she was thrilled, and very eager to start planting, we have to put the pots up on a shelf to stop her scratching to see if the plants have germinated.

The kit was missing the purple carrot seeds - to us the star attraction, but the vendor responded immediately and sent some replacement packs, full marks here.

My only comment as a gardener is have some soil available, the supplied compost briquette gets very soggy when soaked but a little soil added works like a charm.

Now to wait for the plants to grow!

5.0 out of 5 stars For my mum !, 15 Dec. 2013
I bought the item for my mother as we enjoy gardening. It arrived in a timely manor. Its great fun and everything is growing. This veg. kit is something children can get involved with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made a great present, 20 April 2012
I bought this as a present for my husband for Christmas as he had shown an interest in starting to grow his own veg. He has only just started to plant some of the seeds now, the sprouts and tomatoes so far, with great results. The amount of plants which have sprouted from each one has been impressive (pver 30 plants from the sprouts alone). He is planning on doing the carrots this weekend and is hoping for similar results. It has also helped our 3 year old daughter gain an interest in planting and growing our own vegetables and she is enjoying watching them grow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, 29 Nov. 2011
Bought for a Christmas present, very pleased with it, this is something different! Everything just as described could not fault any part of the service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Present, 27 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with the results as all the seeds I planted ..., 7 April 2015
I purchased these veggies as a beginner gardener with no real expectation. I am very pleased with the results as all the seeds I planted have germinated and I now have an overflow of veggie and fruit plants (I purchased the Forbidden Fruit box too) in my conservatory. Will have to give them away as gifts! My toddler is also enjoying watching them grow. A great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good item, fast delivery, 3 Oct. 2013
J. A. Lewis (Wales U.K.) - See all my reviews
This was a gift for a friend's birthday and he was delighted with it so deserves 5 stars as he can be a hard man to impress

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 29 Nov. 2011
Very disappointed with this item. The packaging is nice - glossy cardboard and nice pictures - but the contents are poor. Everything inside the box is meager and had I bought the items separately they probably wouldn't have cost more than £5.00 - makes the box very expensive! The price does not reflect the item and I'm afraid it simply is not worth the £12.99 price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 April 2014
This is the second plant box I have bought of the same make, last year I bought the salad growing one for my Father in Law. He loved the salad one and all the items grew very well and they were all very tasty and the colours that were stated on the box.
Hope fully this one will be as good as I have just bought this veg one for him to try this year, I have every faith :)