4.0 out of 5 stars Made a great present
Published on 20 April 2012 by Vicky

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!
Very disappointed with this item. The packaging is nice - glossy cardboard and nice pictures - but the contents are poor. Everything inside the box is meager and had I bought the items separately they probably wouldn't have cost more than 5.00 - makes the box very expensive! The price does not reflect the item and I'm afraid it simply is not worth the 12.99 price tag.
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by Geoff

4.0 out of 5 stars Made a great present, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Funky Veg Kit by Plant Theatre - 5 Extraordinary Vegetables to Grow (Garden & Outdoors)
I bought this as a present for my husband for Christmas as he had shown an interest in starting to grow his own veg. He has only just started to plant some of the seeds now, the sprouts and tomatoes so far, with great results. The amount of plants which have sprouted from each one has been impressive (pver 30 plants from the sprouts alone). He is planning on doing the carrots this weekend and is hoping for similar results. It has also helped our 3 year old daughter gain an interest in planting and growing our own vegetables and she is enjoying watching them grow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter veggie kit for kids, 10 May 2012
We ordered this kit for our 3-year old granddaughter and she was thrilled, and very eager to start planting, we have to put the pots up on a shelf to stop her scratching to see if the plants have germinated.

The kit was missing the purple carrot seeds - to us the star attraction, but the vendor responded immediately and sent some replacement packs, full marks here.

My only comment as a gardener is have some soil available, the supplied compost briquette gets very soggy when soaked but a little soil added works like a charm.

Now to wait for the plants to grow!

5.0 out of 5 stars For my mum !, 15 Dec 2013
I bought the item for my mother as we enjoy gardening. It arrived in a timely manor. Its great fun and everything is growing. This veg. kit is something children can get involved with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual gift, 14 Oct 2013
Unusual present for those orange fingered persons. Think you could have months of fun growing these.... hopefully they will grow

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, 29 Nov 2011
Bought for a Christmas present, very pleased with it, this is something different! Everything just as described could not fault any part of the service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 29 Nov 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Funky veg - waste of money, 22 Dec 2012
I bought this item along with the funky salad kit as a gift for xmas, the item arrived very quickly however when i took the items out of the box they were delivered in the seem to be very light and made a lot of noise, so i just checked inside and upon doing so i found that the box was nearly empty, there were 5 plant pots which were no bigger than a shot glass and 5 small packs of seeds along with some instructions. This didnt really show any value for the 12. there was a lot of box for something that could fit in your pocket, there was no packing inside the items were just thrown in with out any care for presentation etc.

Very dissapionted will not be buying anything else like this, just dont bother

2 out of 10

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought one of these for my husband the year ..., 4 July 2014
I bought one of these for my husband the year before last. I can equate with those that say there doesn't initially appear much for the money but you would pay more for these unusual varieties than normal seed. I didn't get round to sowing last year but this year we sowed them expecting very little if anything to germinate. We sowed straight into seed trays rather than the little pots and everything is growing well. I only have 4 courgette plants but that's plenty for us, and probably have at least 20 of everything else and am giving away funky tomatoes plants to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful veg !!, 3 May 2014
T. Weetman "mushroom" (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent little presents and everything you need in the pack .germinates well and will produce beautiful crops in the summer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 April 2014
This is the second plant box I have bought of the same make, last year I bought the salad growing one for my Father in Law. He loved the salad one and all the items grew very well and they were all very tasty and the colours that were stated on the box.
Hope fully this one will be as good as I have just bought this veg one for him to try this year, I have every faith :)