on 28 February 2014
I fitted this to a 1960's low level ( not close-coupled) Twyfords cistern with front mounted lever. I have only had some small DIY plumbing experience e.g. replacing washers etc but I have never fitted a syphon in a cistern. As long as you read the instructions carefully and do the whole job slowly and with great care, you should not run into problems. It took me almost exactly 30 minutes (+ tidying up before "the Boss" came home).

TIPS:

All you need is a large adjustable spanner, a pair of pliers and a screwdriver ( the later two for removing your old mechanism). Essentially you need a newspaper to place on the floor + a bucket with a sponge and a cloth.

There is no need to remove the cistern tank or the ball cock mechanism.

Start by turning off your cold water feed or main. Turn on any other cold taps on the same circuit as this will prevent any seeping at the ball cock. Flush the toilet and dry out any residual water from the cistern with sponge and cloth.

With a low level WC, there are normally two plastic nuts on the existing outlet pipe from your cistern. You will need to undo both and discard the top one only. After you have removed the old syphon unit, you will gently be able to swing the outlet pipe just enough to be able to remove the top nut and any washer and feed on the new nut ( I reused my old thin washer but it is not asked for).

The new syphon unit has an integral overflow pipe. Orientate the unit so the overflow is the opposite side from your ball cock, otherwise you may be tight for space.

Remember you will not save water if people have to flush twice, so I set my full flush to maximum flush. For the same reason, I set my small flush so that it would just flush away two pieces of loo roll.

This is a great piece of kit of excellent design and very good quality construction. I would buy again. GOOD LUCK.
on 18 August 2012
When this arrived it was easy to fit. This is dual flush and was replacing a broken single flush unit - although different in a few ways such as size and shape to the old unit (I'm not much of a DIYer so differences worry me generally) it was easy to set this up. I adjusted the small flush to minimum and the large flush to maximum (personal preference) and the height of the overflow was also easy to set. Then fitting it was no problem - a minor tweak to move the overflow pipe out of the way of the ball valve. A cable controls the flush action and this clips easily to the button so when putting the cistern lid back on you need to clip the cable on just before the lid goes on. Of course if you need to take the lid off again you'll need to un-clip the cable - it's easy to do and the cable is long enough to give you the room to do this. I imagine if you have the confidence to take a cistern off a toilet rather than call a plumber then this unit will present you no problems what so ever. It comes with various adjusters for different positions for the button and also the size of the drain to the toilet bowl. It says it fits most cisterns and I'll have to take them at their word (not being in the trade). It certainly fitted mine and looks reasonably adjustable for other situations.
on 29 April 2013
Was having problems with our toilet flush, so replaced it with a "Fluidmaster"unit. It was easy to fit, and works better than the old flush valve. I recommend it at the price Amazon are offering it at, which is a lot cheaper than the price some are charging. Good value.
on 31 October 2012
i have very little diy experience but have fitted 4 of these systems now. These are easy to fit as long as you follow instructions. the one thing i will say is always replace your old washer and fit a new close coupling kit, can get these on here cheap or locally. that is the only time i have had a leak when not replacing the old one. i also like to fit a new push to fit water inlet that you can switch off, best to do this first then you can put the water back on. this gives you the option to isolate the toilet if there is a leak without needing to turn off the water. they also allow more movement to locate the toilet. this system replaced a normal side flushing syphon type with a push down handle. works a treat nice and smooth. i set the flush to max works well..
on 13 January 2014
Bought this because the flush on my toilet was leaking, and could not find the correct replacement seal. It arrived and was fitted with no problems, very easy to do and required minimal technical skill.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 August 2014
Easy to fit, and works as well as any syphon, but the button has started to creak a little, and there is a thud when the valve closes, especially on the half flush, however these are small niggles, and I have no regrets.
Just remember if you have close fit toilet to buy a new close toilet coupling kit. They are only a few quid. and could save you a lot of hassle.
on 25 June 2013
Arrived fast, installed the same evening. The biggest problem was getting the old nut off. The installation went smoothly and without hiccup. The only small niggle is the instructions are not that clear. They do the job but you need to read a few times.
on 26 August 2015
Very easy to fit. (assuming you know how to remove your toilet cistern from the pan etc).

Literally took 10 minutes to fit, after I removed the toilet cistern from the pan, and removed my old leaking Niagara-Dual Flush valve.

Just follow the easy instructions, or watch a how-to youtube video and you're done.

The button is very smart looking, and easy to fit also. Mine fits top down.

Would recommend!
on 31 December 2015
Simple to fit and looks like a good design. I bought this to replace a similar valve where the repeated use of the cable had snapped a small fitting on the body of the valve meaning it couldn't be flushed any more and you had to manually lift part of the body to flush.This self contained unit doesn't look like a similar problem could occur as there doesn't appear to be anything to snap.

It was quick and painless to fit, no tools required. (At least for my cistern, YMMV).

My only objection so far is you have to hold the button down to flush, it doesn't seem you can just press it once and it will get on with it. However, that's a minor thing and so far I'm quite happy with the unit. Maybe I just need to fiddle more with the release levels (two sliders on the body make this easy to do)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 February 2016
This was purchased to replace an old system in my bathroom. I spent quite a while removing the old and aged system out but once stripped out, this went in and was fitted in a breeze. I didn't have any problems at all. I have already purchased one of these previously for my downstairs toilet and nearly 2 years later, it is still in brilliant condition with no problems. I would highly recommend. I bought it alongside 1/2" Toilet Cistern Bottom Entry Inlet Fill Valve BRASS