5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and excellent value
Published on 17 April 2012 by jtwoodfield

2.0 out of 5 stars Just done two 2hour drives today using my 1020Lumia as ...
Just done two 2hour drives today using my 1020Lumia as a sat nav with this charger and the phone died due to a flat battery.
If you have a 1020 don't bother.
Published 9 months ago by CDB

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and excellent value, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
For not a lot of money you get the antithesis of the usual plastic bagged tacky product. Beautifully boxed, beautifully designed, not one but two charging cables included so that both Micro USB (many modern devices) and Nokia small round pin are provided for. Critically, the product also has the guts to safely deliver the extra amps those many modern devices require. A perfectly formed pleasure to receive and to use. As good an example as any of why it sometimes pays to buy branded goods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply perfect, 19 Dec. 2011
beckwiser (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
It is an official high quality Nokia product. Charger is solid and handsome. Comes with two amazingly high quality cables for new micro-USB nokia's (read Lumia) and old small pin nokia's(read 5800xpress). Any USB ending cable works though - this happily charges an iphoney and a nokia...quickly

Charger can be a bit of a squeeze to get into the cig lighter, the first time, but that is due to the high quality connectors at the side, once coaxed in, it is smooth from then on.

Faultless and what an amazing price. Shame on other chunky, high priced spurious chargers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dual charger, 29 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
This charger is ideal for powering two high power devices and as it's usb you can use any usb lead to charge or power your compatible product. I use this for powering my Nokia Lumia and a separate sat nav.

As others have said the plug is a tight fit in the cigarette lighter but it's ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
It charges my Nokia Lumia 920 really fast even when using the Sat NAV which most chargers don't provide enough electric to charge the phone where this one does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality dont look elsewhere, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
I have Nokia Lumia 920 and want to use it as my satnav. I tried using another car charger (which I bought for cheap) but totally useless. After going through all reviews here I decided to give this Nokia charger a go.

Man what a product - Right from the moment I opened it I can feel I have quality product in hand. First when you plug it in your car it would be really hard to pulg and unplug. But after using couple of times it would feel ok. It charges my phone fully even when using Satnav and internet together. I drove for more than 3 hours continuously it did not heat up (though my phone did get little hot). Easily fits in the glove box.

Now coming to the cable (2 of them) sent along with the product - It would fit in tight with the charger and the phone. Never you feel it would come off when you pull the phone with the wire plugged in. Length of the cable depends up on where you want to keep your phone holder.

All in all I would recommend this product to anyone. Fantastic quality Nokia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and keeps my Lumia 1020 charged even with SatNav running, 24 Oct. 2014
Mr. Brian J. Bates "bjb_tak" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
I had all but given up hope of keeping my Lumia 1020 charged on a journey. I had tried another charger that claimed 2.1A for my Lumia 1020 and it was not able to keep up.

With the satnav (Here Drive) switched on, the Lumia's battery would gradually be depleted. Even without satnav active, the battery level would seemingly slowly reduce.

I have a theory that this is the fault of the phone (have Nokia built something in to stop it rapid charging on third party chargers, I wonder?!) but regardless, I just wanted a solution. I never had this problem with my old N8 even when used with the cheapest of USB car chargers!!

Having read a comment elsewhere recommending the Nokia DC-20, I thought I'd give it a go as I was running out of options. It claims only 1A output, so I was pessimistic about the outcome. However I am pleased to say that with the DC-20 my Lumia's battery is at 100% even after an hour and a half of driving with turn-by-turn GPS, data connection for traffic updates and music playing constantly, and having 90% at the start of the journey.

It has two USB sockets and comes with two cables (one micro USB and the other the old Nokia power adapter as seen on my old Nokia N8). You can of course buy yourself a second micro USB cable from elsewhere to plug into the second socket if your aim is to power two micro-USB devices at the same time. It will power non-Nokia devices too, provided they accept micro USB which covers most modern Android and Windows phones and tablets.

I have not tried powering two devices simultaneously, and cannot say for certain that it would keep my Lumia 1020 powered if a second device were connected at the same time. If and when I have a chance to try this out I will post back with results.

For the moment though, it looks to be a well made product, and the twisted cable is great for remaining tidy when in use, and also differentiates it from all my other micro USB cables!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 26 Jan. 2014
Mr. Bruce Gilbert (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
I have used this charger for 10 months to charge my mobile phone and to power my TomTom SatNav.

One of the main advantages of this charger over the multitude of other car chargers is that it is capable of charging at the higher rate (fast charge i.e. the same charging rate as the mains adaptor usually around 1,000mA instead of 500mA). Many claim to but few actually do (not the one's I've tested anyway).

Having two outputs is useful (for reasons stated above). Being made by Nokia means you know you're getting a quality piece of kit that won't fail on you (or damage your device).

2.0 out of 5 stars Just done two 2hour drives today using my 1020Lumia as ..., 12 July 2014
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
If you have a 1020 don't bother.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great charger with good power out for larger devices such as 4.7" above handsets/phablets, 18 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
Much better than other brands previously tested, this Nokia version offers more power therefore larger handsets charge much quicker than running of lower powered versions made for smaller/old devices.

We use this for Nokia Lumia handsets and it works very well, the only area which we hope they improve on is the size as it does stick out more than the mini version in other brands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product if a little loose fitting in my ..., 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
Good quality product if a little loose fitting in my Vauxhall Corsa's car lighter socket, only just kept my Nokia Lumia 620 charged during 4 hour Sat Nav session though. Bought as a replacement for a cheap ISOUL unit from Gizmofones which went 'bang' after just 6 hours use so would recommend getting the genuine Nokia product for quality.

Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black