5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and excellent value
Published on 17 April 2012 by jtwoodfield

2.0 out of 5 stars Just done two 2hour drives today using my 1020Lumia as ...
Just done two 2hour drives today using my 1020Lumia as a sat nav with this charger and the phone died due to a flat battery.
If you have a 1020 don't bother.
Published 11 months ago by CDB

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and excellent value, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
For not a lot of money you get the antithesis of the usual plastic bagged tacky product. Beautifully boxed, beautifully designed, not one but two charging cables included so that both Micro USB (many modern devices) and Nokia small round pin are provided for. Critically, the product also has the guts to safely deliver the extra amps those many modern devices require. A perfectly formed pleasure to receive and to use. As good an example as any of why it sometimes pays to buy branded goods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply perfect, 19 Dec. 2011
beckwiser (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
It is an official high quality Nokia product. Charger is solid and handsome. Comes with two amazingly high quality cables for new micro-USB nokia's (read Lumia) and old small pin nokia's(read 5800xpress). Any USB ending cable works though - this happily charges an iphoney and a nokia...quickly

Charger can be a bit of a squeeze to get into the cig lighter, the first time, but that is due to the high quality connectors at the side, once coaxed in, it is smooth from then on.

Faultless and what an amazing price. Shame on other chunky, high priced spurious chargers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality dont look elsewhere, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
I have Nokia Lumia 920 and want to use it as my satnav. I tried using another car charger (which I bought for cheap) but totally useless. After going through all reviews here I decided to give this Nokia charger a go.

Man what a product - Right from the moment I opened it I can feel I have quality product in hand. First when you plug it in your car it would be really hard to pulg and unplug. But after using couple of times it would feel ok. It charges my phone fully even when using Satnav and internet together. I drove for more than 3 hours continuously it did not heat up (though my phone did get little hot). Easily fits in the glove box.

Now coming to the cable (2 of them) sent along with the product - It would fit in tight with the charger and the phone. Never you feel it would come off when you pull the phone with the wire plugged in. Length of the cable depends up on where you want to keep your phone holder.

All in all I would recommend this product to anyone. Fantastic quality Nokia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dual charger, 29 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
This charger is ideal for powering two high power devices and as it's usb you can use any usb lead to charge or power your compatible product. I use this for powering my Nokia Lumia and a separate sat nav.

As others have said the plug is a tight fit in the cigarette lighter but it's ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 26 Jan. 2014
Mr. Bruce Gilbert (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
I have used this charger for 10 months to charge my mobile phone and to power my TomTom SatNav.

One of the main advantages of this charger over the multitude of other car chargers is that it is capable of charging at the higher rate (fast charge i.e. the same charging rate as the mains adaptor usually around 1,000mA instead of 500mA). Many claim to but few actually do (not the one's I've tested anyway).

Having two outputs is useful (for reasons stated above). Being made by Nokia means you know you're getting a quality piece of kit that won't fail on you (or damage your device).

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and keeps my Lumia 1020 charged even with SatNav running, 24 Oct. 2014
Mr. Brian J. Bates "bjb_tak" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
I had all but given up hope of keeping my Lumia 1020 charged on a journey. I had tried another charger that claimed 2.1A for my Lumia 1020 and it was not able to keep up.

With the satnav (Here Drive) switched on, the Lumia's battery would gradually be depleted. Even without satnav active, the battery level would seemingly slowly reduce.

I have a theory that this is the fault of the phone (have Nokia built something in to stop it rapid charging on third party chargers, I wonder?!) but regardless, I just wanted a solution. I never had this problem with my old N8 even when used with the cheapest of USB car chargers!!

Having read a comment elsewhere recommending the Nokia DC-20, I thought I'd give it a go as I was running out of options. It claims only 1A output, so I was pessimistic about the outcome. However I am pleased to say that with the DC-20 my Lumia's battery is at 100% even after an hour and a half of driving with turn-by-turn GPS, data connection for traffic updates and music playing constantly, and having 90% at the start of the journey.

It has two USB sockets and comes with two cables (one micro USB and the other the old Nokia power adapter as seen on my old Nokia N8). You can of course buy yourself a second micro USB cable from elsewhere to plug into the second socket if your aim is to power two micro-USB devices at the same time. It will power non-Nokia devices too, provided they accept micro USB which covers most modern Android and Windows phones and tablets.

I have not tried powering two devices simultaneously, and cannot say for certain that it would keep my Lumia 1020 powered if a second device were connected at the same time. If and when I have a chance to try this out I will post back with results.

For the moment though, it looks to be a well made product, and the twisted cable is great for remaining tidy when in use, and also differentiates it from all my other micro USB cables!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the box, 26 April 2012
S. Johns (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
I have tried a few car chargers for my Nokia C7 but have not had much luck. The C7 can be charged either via the standard Nokia 2mm pin or micro USB connector but finding a devices that has worked reliably has proved tricky. None of the non-OEM car chargers permit charging using a micro USB cable so you have to stick to the Nokia 2mm connector cable. This would be fine but I have found that all the non-oem cables are not built very well and the plug does not fit the Nokia socket that well so you get bad connections, especially when using the phone as a satnav device.

As I was off on holiday and needed the phone for that purpose, I thought I would buy a Nokia original product and this was has only been released recently. This product comes with the 12v charger and two coiled cables, one 2mm plug and one micro USB. I can report that both work perfectly with the C7 and charge the phone quickly thanks to the 1000ma output (obviously not as quick as the fast charger though). You can also charge other devices with the spare USB port and this works with all power hungry phones but don't bother with the iPad as this requires 2000mA.

Build quality is excellent and although the cables are coiled, they are lightly sprung so do not put too much pressure on your phone ports, when being used as a satnav. The charger itself is a little on the large size, when compared to excellent Kensington Powerbolt Duo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nokia quality, why bother with the single version?, 21 April 2012
J. Simpson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
This is a solid little product that lives in my glove compartment. I chose it because it was just over half the price of the official Nokia 'single' version. I wanted an official Nokia product, as some reviews of cheaper Chinese versions said they didn't charge phones well or got quite hot when used, etc.

It comes with a standard Nokia DC lead, and a micro USB lead, both of which are pretty thick and coiled, with a good quality feel to them (not shiny plastic-feeling leads like you get with some stuff). These leads are fine for charging things, but if you are wanting to dash-mount your phone for use as a sat nav, although possible with the coiled leads, it won't be practical to use these leads if your cigarette lighter socket is near the handbrake lever like mine is; in this case it would probably be best to get a USB extension lead that would allow you to route the cable more neatly. One minor gripe is that the green 'On' LED in the top of the charger is slightly recessed and so not always easy to see. Not a big deal to me as it's not the sort of product that goes wrong, and your phone or other USB-chargable device will almost certainly have a 'charging' indicator anyway.

As a bonus, the DC lead can be used to charge loads of Nokia phones wherever there is a USB socket (not all phones have the standard micro-USB socket), for example using a laptop or computer or whatever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
It charges my Nokia Lumia 920 really fast even when using the Sat NAV which most chargers don't provide enough electric to charge the phone where this one does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, Official NOKIA in-car charger AND Dual-USB ports! Highly recommended, 14 May 2015
This review is from: Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black (Accessory)
Originally bought a normal micro USB in-car charger (also Official NOKIA) but having seen this decided to make a purchase.

Very glad I did cos it is ideal for using in any car nowadays because not only will it charge most smart phones, it also comes with the Pin charger for older (or modern basic) NOKIA phones. Let alone a dual USB charger which you can use to charge other USB items in your car (my sisters E-Cigarette works! As I'm sure will my Tom-Tom Sat Nav)

The cables supplied with this product are coiled too making the full unit much neater compared to the standalone charger I'd originally got - obviously though this depends on the layout of your centre console etc

Overall, for the price and practicality along with the fact that NOKIA always tend to make great chargers & phones (OK the odd ones been a bit of a let down) - I very Highly recommend this item and may even buy a 2nd or 3rd myself just for back up or to save moving mine from car-to-car etc

Nokia DC-20 Dual USB Car Charger - Black