on 7 February 2014
A detailed analysis of how to write a good book, but only if you as the writer can write in such a way.

I also found the fact that every pronoun is "she" rather wearing, and think it should have been mixed up a bit. After all, I as a writer am not a she.
on 1 January 2012
The problem with writing a book about novel writing is that everyone's novel is different and so you can't give step by step instructions to everyone. If only I'd realise that and stop buying "how to write" books!

But this one, for me, has given me at least one nugget "at the right time". I've read something here that I was ready to believe and act on. That might not apply to everyone.

This book does seem to be quite insightful and written by someone who knows their subject. I'm still working through it so I can only really give a first impression.