4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good
Though not perfect, this is definitely my favourite smartphone to date. Main advantages for me are:
- Finally, a QWERTY phone with a decent operating system and a good selection of apps- strange that this apparently obvious combination is so hard to find, I guess this is what Blackberry should have been
- Finally, a smartphone with an acceptable battery life-...
Published on 17 July 2012 by JadedW11

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad experience with this phone
I have had a bad experience with this phone. The first showed dust was getting behind the screen after just two days. Amazon replaced the phone. The second soon after upgrading to the latest firmware would freeze sometimes when the camera was selected. I contacted Motorola & they said to return the phone to them for repair, I was unhappy with this response & eventually...
Published on 18 Jun. 2012 by bri

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect compromise, 18 July 2012
G. Clark (London, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola Pro Plus Android Sim Free Smartphone (Electronics)
Having owned a blackberry and an android tablet I knew a wanted the versatility of the android OS with the convenience of a real keyboard, on screen keypads are just too fiddly and error-prone for my liking.

After much research I chose the motorola pro plus, I've had it for a week now and apart from a small problem with my internet router (I had to change the wireless security mode to get it to work) I've been delighted with it.

The Motorola 'skin' on android is fine but I downloaded go launcher from the play store which gives much more flexibility on how to lay out your home screen and different icons etc.

The keyboard is great, I'd rather have the number buttons grouped rather than across the top row but this is a minor gripe, the dedicated full stop, comma and @ keys make emailing and texting dead easy (better than my blackberry bold imo), the autocorrect occasionally annoys but no more so than on other smart phones I've owned.
The screen is great, bright, clear and big enough for surfing whilst not being so big it makes the phone cumbersome.

In summary I would highly recommend this phone, it is a perfect compromise between the big android phones (galaxy s3 etc) and a blackberry, its small, fast, flexible and powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a BlackBerry thats a smartphone, 16 Sept. 2012
If you want a phone with a keyboard that is smart, forget BlackBerry, this is the phone for you. It has a couple of software bugs, but with all the extra functionality this phone gives compared to other phones with a keyboard, you just won't care :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 5 Nov. 2012
Fast delivery. Awesome phone: stylish,compact,the keypad is very comfortable. Would recommend this phone to anyone who wants a qwerty phone with a touchscreen.

2.0 out of 5 stars It all goes downhill from there..., 10 Nov. 2012
I purchased this phone on the 4th of September 2012 via Amazon Warehouse Deals. The product arrived promptly as described and was everything I could have wished for; a Blackberry QWERTY form factor with android usability and a touchscreen to boot! But it was all downhill after that. Within a week, a layer of dust had started to form between the digitizer and the LCD, mildly inconvenient and only cosmetic but annoying nonetheless.
After 37 days there is now quite a bit of dust inside the screen, but not only has that happened, the once brilliant QWERTY keyboard has now become faulty with only the 'QWERT' keys working. Every other key has become redundant and when using any key on the right hand side of the keyboard a press of the volume button is registered, as well as the touchscreen registering a constant touch.
I was very happy with my purchase and the seller, I am now extremely dissatisfied. Who do I contact? What are my options?