5.0 out of 5 stars Retro excellence
I read about this radio in a sunday supplement and thought there had been a typo with the price. However, after research I found the price was correct so immediately ordered one.
It looks great in my 1970's kitchen. The tone is much better than my previous radio. The tuning is a doddle (just like the old days!) and the value for money is outstanding.
I would...
Published on 18 Jun 2012 by mumu54

3.0 out of 5 stars Hum
The radio looks and sounds good. However if you keep it turned on at the plug there is an annoying hum. I therefore wasn't able to use it where I'd originally intended (beside the bed) because it wasn't convenient to reach the plug to turn it off every time.
Published 14 months ago by A. Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro excellence, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Steepletone Brighton 1950's Portable Retro Style Rotary Radio - Black/Beige (Electronics)
I would absolutely recommend it in every sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steepletone Radio, 27 April 2012
The radio is brilliant and looks superb in the house. It came very quickly, well packaged and protected and I would recommend one to anyone especially at that price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good radio., 30 Nov 2012
Bought as a present for my elderly mother- in- law and she loves the retro style. Easily tuned and good tone. She obviously finds it much easier to use than Dab.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking retro style radio, 13 April 2013
Good style and great looking retro radio. Perhaps not the best output or tuning in clarity but if u want a cool looking radio its fine

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, 28 Nov 2012
I have always wanted one of these radios and I am so pleased with the purchase. It looks lovely in my new kitchen and I'm glad I treated myself to this very reasonably priced radio!

5.0 out of 5 stars retro radio, 17 April 2012
I bought this retro radio from amazon,very pleased with the sound,and it looks great on my mantlepeice.goes well with my decore

5.0 out of 5 stars Best radio ever, 25 Mar 2013
HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH DAD RADIOS THIS ONE IS SIMPLICITY ITS SELF TO USE.EASY STATION FINDER,GOOD SOUND,LOVE IT!! A VERY GOOD BUY

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, 26 Sep 2012
I ordered this radio for my kitchen, although its not digital its got a good sound and looks great. I'd have prefered it to have a white cable rather than the black one it comes with but that's me just being fussy. Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 13 Jan 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my mum and she loves it! I have ordered one in another colour for myself because I really liked the appearance of it. Mum has trouble with tuning the dab radio she already has in but says its a piece of cake on this new one and she is really pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handsome and practical full-size radio, 10 Jan 2014
Rowena Hoseason "Hooligween" (Kernow, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Bought this about a year ago and was delighted to find a non-digital but good quality FM/LW radio which also looks at home in a retro-themed room, my alongside 1950s style toaster! Helpfully, the radio case is easy to wipe-clean, as mine does live in the kitchen.
It's easy to tune, has chunky and robust switches, and is easy to carry to another room with its full-width handle -- and runs on batteries so it comes outside and to stop me going berserk with boredom while weeding, too.
Really like the 'tone' control to tweak the bass / treble balance, too; useful when swapping from music to spoken word. Just the job for Radio 4...
Can see that some people (esp used to digital radios) might find the twiddly knob method of retuning to different stations a bit of a faff as there's no presets for different tunings.
Also, you do need to waggle the old-fashioned extendable aerial around sometimes to get the best reception.
But that's pretty much the point: it is a retro radio, not just in looks but also in function.
Available in heaps of colours and at different prices, so worth clicking around.
9/10