5.0 out of 5 stars Retro excellence
I read about this radio in a sunday supplement and thought there had been a typo with the price. However, after research I found the price was correct so immediately ordered one.
It looks great in my 1970's kitchen. The tone is much better than my previous radio. The tuning is a doddle (just like the old days!) and the value for money is outstanding.
I would...
Published on 18 Jun 2012 by mumu54

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks the part........
Published 11 months ago by Conner,Glasgow

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro excellence, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Steepletone Brighton 1950's Portable Retro Style Rotary Radio - Black/Beige (Electronics)
I would absolutely recommend it in every sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steepletone Radio, 27 April 2012
The radio is brilliant and looks superb in the house. It came very quickly, well packaged and protected and I would recommend one to anyone especially at that price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good radio., 30 Nov 2012
Bought as a present for my elderly mother- in- law and she loves the retro style. Easily tuned and good tone. She obviously finds it much easier to use than Dab.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks the part........, 15 Nov 2013
Bought this radio for my wife who is mad for all things 'retro' or 'vintage' or any other word like that. The radio does actually look really good, which I suppose is what anyone who considers this radio will be after. On the other hand, the radio is not very practical as it is not the easiest to find your desired stations. The bottom left badge on the radio that says 'steepletone' is just stuck on with a small piece of something sticky and when the radio arrived it was almost falling off, which was a bit disappointing as it was a present. After pressing on it for a while I have pretty much managed to get it stuck properly, but feels a bit tainted now :)

This is a radio for someone who wants to decorate their kitchen with a radio as it does look really smart and . It is not, in my opinion for someone who wants to enjoy the quality of music their listening to or the sports fan who wants to listen to MW in their shed, haha!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool looking retro style radio, 13 April 2013
Good style and great looking retro radio. Perhaps not the best output or tuning in clarity but if u want a cool looking radio its fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 13 Jan 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my mum and she loves it! I have ordered one in another colour for myself because I really liked the appearance of it. Mum has trouble with tuning the dab radio she already has in but says its a piece of cake on this new one and she is really pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great radio, 12 May 2013
Really like this radio, great vintage look at a fraction of the price of a Roberts! Decent sound , very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars retro radio, 17 April 2012
I bought this retro radio from amazon,very pleased with the sound,and it looks great on my mantlepeice.goes well with my decore

5.0 out of 5 stars Best radio ever, 25 Mar 2013
HAD SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH DAD RADIOS THIS ONE IS SIMPLICITY ITS SELF TO USE.EASY STATION FINDER,GOOD SOUND,LOVE IT!! A VERY GOOD BUY

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 8 April 2013
I sent this to my 90yr old Mother for Mothers Day. I was a little worried that she would be unable to work out the workings as she is apt to fiddle with things . No worries she loves it very easy to use.